Joey merlino and others busted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Garbageman
Straightened out

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by Garbageman »

Garbageman wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:I was involved in Florida with the transdermal pain cream craze for most of last year. The company I was affiliated with was even endorsed by Brett Favre which provided authenticity to the product and made it appealing to pain management physicians, rheumatologists and sports doctors. While some patients truly gave rave reviews it was a fucking headache with the insurance agencies when it came time to collect. The parent company I was affiliated with was seized by the government and its top management indicted, which was enough for me to head for the fucking door. Damn shame too because it was quite lucrative, my boss' boss boasted a solid 81K a month every month.
Good thing you didn't get hit with shrapnel, my friend.
You'd be amazed the stories you hear from inmates who are doing time just because they flew too close to the sun

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Or should it be, stood too close to the fire..... *bingo

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by Angelo Santino »

Garbageman wrote:
Garbageman wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:I was involved in Florida with the transdermal pain cream craze for most of last year. The company I was affiliated with was even endorsed by Brett Favre which provided authenticity to the product and made it appealing to pain management physicians, rheumatologists and sports doctors. While some patients truly gave rave reviews it was a fucking headache with the insurance agencies when it came time to collect. The parent company I was affiliated with was seized by the government and its top management indicted, which was enough for me to head for the fucking door. Damn shame too because it was quite lucrative, my boss' boss boasted a solid 81K a month every month.
Good thing you didn't get hit with shrapnel, my friend.
You'd be amazed the stories you hear from inmates who are doing time just because they flew too close to the sun

Or should it be, stood too close to the fire..... *bingo

I wouldn't be legally held accountable in my position but I might have been ordered to return money. My main concern that the transdermal business was putting my clients at risk, they could potentially lose their licenses if the hammer were to fall next on us. I walked into the line of work believing it to be genuine and legal, left when I learned that it wasn't.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by Bruno187 »

Turns out I was wrong on which Johnny they were referring to. Have to issue a retraction on that posting. Not Johnny Horse.....he is alive, well, and still a stand-up guy it turns out.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

What is this "East Coast LCN Enterprise" that the prosecutors keep mentioning? Are they implying that the good ole May-fia/LCN was renamed, is it the prosecutor's name for this particular "crime ring" of members, have they clarified this? Are people as perplexed as I?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Chris Christie wrote:What is this "East Coast LCN Enterprise" that the prosecutors keep mentioning? Are they implying that the good ole May-fia/LCN was renamed, is it the prosecutor's name for this particular "crime ring" of members, have they clarified this? Are people as perplexed as I?
LE/media invention.

Guys from different families have worked together on various schemes forever but now LE/media are selling it as a new type of LCN conspiracy.

LE/media word play.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Chris Christie wrote:is it the prosecutor's name for this particular "crime ring" of members

I think this is it. In the indictment itself they still the refer to the individual families these guys are with.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:is it the prosecutor's name for this particular "crime ring" of members

I think this is it. In the indictment itself they still the refer to the individual families these guys are with.

Pogo
Just checking, because if true, one could make all sorts of speculations as to why they would do such a thing.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Here was my comment from earlier:
We might start to see more of these bundled indictments against multiple Cosa Nostra groups since the more specific targeted cases in recent years have failed and LE's resources aren't pooled toward specific families the way they were in the past. Since all of these guys are part of Cosa Nostra and there are loose threads running through their groups, targeting them as an "East Coast La Cosa Nostra Enterprise" may be a new approach from LE.
I haven't seen LE try to say anything about a change in the groups themselves. Just like the FBI combining its squads to cover multiple families, I imagine we'll see more combined indictments based on a wider network of business relationships.
Garbageman
Straightened out

Re: RE: Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by Garbageman »

Chris Christie wrote:What is this "East Coast LCN Enterprise" that the prosecutors keep mentioning? Are they implying that the good ole May-fia/LCN was renamed, is it the prosecutor's name for this particular "crime ring" of members, have they clarified this? Are people as perplexed as I?
They can't make a RICO charge unless there is an ongoing criminal enterprise. So they invented their own, slapped a name on it and... Welcome to the party ECLCN

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
“There's no question, he was with Joey Merlino quite a bit and from what I understand there are quite a few tape recorded conversations between JR. and Joey Merlino,” said Jerry Capeci.

Goodbye Joey. See you in 20 years. :lol:

Pogo
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope some big shine fucks up his little grin
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

I think the connection with merlino was with the other patsy
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

More arrest made for this pain cream scam, Giampa is from Springfield Mass and he has a history of healthcare fraud. The fact that they are already cooperating with the Feds doesn't bode well for the other players.

Feds charge 16 in massive $175M prescription cream fraud based in South Florida

A massive $175 million fraud involving specialty prescription creams used to treat pain and other ailments was headquartered in South Florida, according to criminal charges filed Thursday by federal prosecutors.

The suspects include about a dozen residents of Palm Beach and Broward counties, as well as at least three doctors and other medical workers from around the U.S.

Court records suggest they are all cooperating and are expected to surrender in court in the next week or so.

In a related criminal case, one of convicted Ponzi schemer Scott Rothstein's former bodyguards, Jose Ramon Morales, has pleaded not guilty to allegations he destroyed records that he thought federal agents wanted to seize from one of the Boca Raton companies linked to the fraud, court records show.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm- ... story.html

More on Giampa: http://www.leagle.com/decision/20078225 ... .%20GIAMPA
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

All roads lead to New York.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Capeci gives an interview to Channel 13 on this bust

http://www.thirteen.org/metrofocus/2016 ... odern-mob/
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

The guy claims to be a restaurant host and he's driving around in a 400 hundred thousand dollar rolls Royce. Stupidity at its finest
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono