General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Shellackhead »

Didn’t know when a made guy was promoted to captain he’s supposed to be reintroduced as a Caporegime to the other wiseguys & administration.
JoePuzzles234
Straightened out

Post by JoePuzzles234 »

Captbony1999 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:53 am Who are the oldest mobsters?
From what I've seen, James "Jimmy" Lanza, from the San Francisco mob and John "Sonny" Franzese, from the Colombo family, were tied as the oldest mobsters, at 103. Lanza technically lived longer, by a few months. On the surface, it seems like Lawrence "Little Larry" Dentico, of the Genovese family, may be the oldest living mobster, since Philly mobster Dominic Rugnetta's death last year. Not sure if Dentico is still alive though
"I can’t deal with this. I can’t believe it goes on there. I can’t. Only in Ohio.” - Carmine Agnello
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Dominic Pollina, the Philly boss, was like 102 when he died.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

When Celeste Morello interviewed him she found out Angelo Bruno's kids were helping take care of him and bought him a new TV. A nice wholesome story in Philly for once.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:10 pm When Celeste Morello interviewed him she found out Angelo Bruno's kids were helping take care of him and bought him a new TV. A nice wholesome story in Philly for once.
Bruno's retirement plan was certainly less generous.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

What happened to THE MAFIA STATES OF AMERICA???
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:30 pm What happened to THE MAFIA STATES OF AMERICA???
You can go to the website and pay 40 bucks I think to hear all 10 episodes of Sammy the Bull and his marble mouth mumble bullshit and franzese state he's not a rat
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:48 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:30 pm What happened to THE MAFIA STATES OF AMERICA???
You can go to the website and pay 40 bucks I think to hear all 10 episodes of Sammy the Bull and his marble mouth mumble bullshit and franzese state he's not a rat
The funny part is I don’t think the series did too well bc since being released I haven’t seen or heard much promotion besides the 1st episode with that hilarious fight that the bull tried to pull
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:44 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:48 pm
The funny part is I don’t think the series did too well bc since being released I haven’t seen or heard much promotion besides the 1st episode with that hilarious fight that the bull tried to pull
Come to think of it; your right. I haven't heard much of it either.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:10 pm When Celeste Morello interviewed him she found out Angelo Bruno's kids were helping take care of him and bought him a new TV. A nice wholesome story in Philly for once.
The Bruno/Pollina thing was weird and never made any sense to me. Favorite part was when Pollina approached Bruno asking to be named consigliere after what they'd been through twenty years earlier. Scarfo, in one of his very few wiretap recorded utterances, piped up with "He had to be ninety!" when this was mentioned in a taped conversation (Scarfo says very little throughout the rest of it).

Morello ever offer any opinions about Nicky? I don't recall her ever saying anything. I already know what she thinks about Salvie Testa.

Oh and speaking of Morello and Bruno, this apparently happened: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... dmark.html

Sadly it has an unhappy ending: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... l-landmark
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Ivan wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:38 am
The Bruno/Pollina thing was weird and never made any sense to me. Favorite part was when Pollina approached Bruno asking to be named consigliere after what they'd been through twenty years earlier. Scarfo, in one of his very few wiretap recorded utterances, piped up with "He had to be ninety!" when this was mentioned in a taped conversation (Scarfo says very little throughout the rest of it).

Morello ever offer any opinions about Nicky? I don't recall her ever saying anything. I already know what she thinks about Salvie Testa.

Oh and speaking of Morello and Bruno, this apparently happened: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... dmark.html

Sadly it has an unhappy ending: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... l-landmark
What happened 20 years earlier between Bruno and Pollina??
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Did Jimmy the Gent use LE heat as an excuse to murder everyone in the Lufthansa heist when in reality he wanted all the money for himself?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Sooo… DID ANYONE PAY FOR MAFIA STATES OF AMERICA!?!?

I am kinda disappointed we can’t dissect what they say lol… it really is rare we got a chance to see 2 former high ranking mafia members talk about themselves about which was more a fuck up

There’s gotta be someone here who paid lol
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Also…. What happened to mob talk radio
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:18 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:38 am

What happened 20 years earlier between Bruno and Pollina??
Oh wow, you don't know about that? Pollina became boss, decided to whack Bruno, who then went to the powers that be and they installed them as boss, but Bruno, being somewhat nicer than most mob bosses (though this has been exaggerated a bit) declined to kill Pollina to get him back.

The whole deal is weird and never made a lot of sense to me, but I don't know a huge amount about it so you're better off asking B. the details.

Morello wrote an entire book about how Bruno became boss, but I tapped out after a few pages in because her prose is unreadable.