Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Stroccos »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:06 am ^^^^^^
Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.04.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.02.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.00.34 PM.png
https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr/to ... -local-man

I wonder if this is the same guy?
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Stroccos wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:42 am
NickleCity wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:06 am ^^^^^^
Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.04.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.02.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.00.34 PM.png
https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr/to ... -local-man

I wonder if this is the same guy?
I think it is. Militello is a name that had long been rumored to have mob connections in Buffalo. I posted some info a couple days ago here: search.php?keywords=Militello&t=4122&sf=msgonly
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

^^^^^
In the post I referenced above the coconspirators I mention are not a reference to the Bongiovanni indictment but the Sardinia drug ring on of the Militellos was a part of. The Sardinia ring also had Buffalo LE involvement. If I remember correctly a NY State trooper.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:
TommyNoto wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:25 am
I have no idea their strength ( and neither do you ) but I tend to agree with you that they are fairly smaller crew however I am keeping an open mind with this new info about Major DEA corruption plus now an FBI corruption probe into Buffalo. I would not be shocked if Buffalo govt agents on the mob payroll resulted in Buffalo becoming a larger drug wholesaler in more recent times ( possibly/ likely in partnership with Canada and Bonnanos ) due to this long term Govt protection. I find Porkys visit to Buffalo to speak with Buffalo mobsters significant as well as the allegation of Genovese family ok the UB ( I would need more evidence of the Genovese part tho to consider that fact ). If anyone has more info on this please share .

I have no idea the structure or who is actually running the show ( RCMP referencing Todaro family is very interesting ) but based on the uptick of all these major drug/ gun busts that I’m about 99% certain there is IOC activity in Buffalo. I do think Violi was largely speaking the truth on those tapes (he probably exacerbated the 30 made men statement but again who knows.)

Please don’t belittle me about my knowledge and that is my issue with you , talking down to people on a subject area you have very little knowledge about yourself. My job does involve legal defense vs DOJ criminal actions and who largely does the investigative work that leads to allegations made in the indictment, it’s very hard for me to believe that the FBI wasnt the driving agency ( plus DEA ) in declaring the defendant worked with IOC IN Western NY. This indictment brought me to the 99% confidence level about active IOC activity in Buffalo. Especially FBI SAI at the PC ( if their was material disagreement with DOJ indictment language he likely would not of been there to address any investigation questions ).

RCMP, wiretaps , drug/ gun busts, corrupt govt agent (s) on
Mob payroll, undercover agents/ CIs, visits from NY mob admin rep(s) and now finally the DOJ indictment ( includes their investigative agencies FBI/ DEA) stating IOC IN Western NY is the icing on the cake for me and probably most unbiased observers.
That's just it, you are biased. You'd have to be, or just breathtakingly ignorant, to believe what's left of the Buffalo mob has become a major wholesaler of drugs in western New York. Read any recent DEA National Drug Threat Assessment or HITDA report. The remnants of the Buffalo mob are barely a blip on the radar when it comes to drug trafficking. And anything else really.

Look at your above post to see how much you embellish things. One former DEA agent charged you refer to as "major DEA corruption." And, while we don't even know who he was taking bribes from, you're happy to assume to was the Buffalo mob. You hear some vague reference about the FBI investigating corruption and your imagination starts running wild. You talk about "all these major gun and drug busts." There's been one bust involving Buffalo that could be called significant and it was an anomaly. In fact that drug bust, which wasn't that big, has really been the only significant case involving Buffalo in over 20 years. And it was guys in Canada.

Active IOC members doesn't equate to a formally, structured family. There were technically active IOC members in the 2010 Kansas City gambling bust but that doesn't mean there's a family left there. I've got a newsflash for you. The significant IOC activity not in Buffalo. It's in Canada, some of which naturally crosses the border into upper New York state. But that doesn't stop some of you guys from taking liberties in tying it to Buffalo, if even by the loosest of connections.
It is an established fact that even you cannot ignore that Canadian mobsters active in Hamilton and Toronto, up until this day, are tied to Buffalo in one form or another. Now whether that means there is still a functioning family remains to be seen. But at this point there's just a little bit too much compiling evidence to disregard that possibility based on a now dated FBI statement. Until the feds repeat this statement the debate and possibilies remain open. Buffalo may not be gone and there is nothing you can do about it so far.

Last edited by Lupara on Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

About the State Trooper in the Sardinia Drug Ring that a Militello was involved in:

Aquilino admitted to jurors on Friday that he associated with drug dealers and used cocaine and marijuana while he was a member of the New York State Police. He described Pecoraro as a good friend whom he often met at local nightclubs.

Aquilino said he obtained a State Police business card and window sticker for Dominic Sardina in 1993. He said he gave the items to Sardina on a night when Sardina obtained a small amount of cocaine for the trooper and Pecoraro.

"People believed that (the card and sticker) might help them avoid getting a ticket," Aquilino testified. "A police officer has discretion on whether to give someone a ticket."

Jurors also heard a tape of Aquilino, Pecoraro and Sardina arranging a small cocaine transaction on the night of Feb. 6, 1993. On that night, Aquilino said, he, Pecoraro and two other friends took a limousine ride to a "dancing club" in Canada to celebrate the trooper's birthday.

https://buffalonews.com/1997/04/04/o-j- ... -waitress/
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Lupara wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:28 amIt is an established fact that even you cannot ignore that Canadian mobsters active in Hamilton and Toronto, up until this day, are tied to Buffalo in one form or another. Now whether that means there is still a functioning family remains to be seen. But at this point there's just a little bit too much compiling evidence to disregard that possibility based on a now dated FBI statement. Until the feds repeat this statement the debate and possibilies remain open. Buffalo may not be gone and there is nothing you can do about it so far.
It was also "an established fact" that William D'Elia was tied to the New York and Philadelphia families "in one form or another." Didn't mean much as far as the actual state of the Bufalino family. You guys will be living on "possibilities" and "what ifs" for years to come because that's all you're going to get.
All roads lead to New York.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Lupara wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:28 am It is an established fact that even you cannot ignore that Canadian mobsters active in Hamilton and Toronto, up until this day, are tied to Buffalo in one form or another. Now whether that means there is still a functioning family remains to be seen. But at this point there's just a little bit too much compiling evidence to disregard that possibility based on a now dated FBI statement. Until the feds repeat this statement the debate and possibilies remain open. Buffalo may not be gone and there is nothing you can do about it so far.
with no turncoats and weak anti-organized crime laws it's very hard canadian police would show buffalo family existence, the only chance is fbi indicts them on the american side, but most of the activities seem to be in canadian territory
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:You guys will be living on "possibilities" and "what ifs" for years to come because that's all you're going to get.
I'm grateful for what God provides. You should be too. Then again, it's easy for you to say as the Lord (blessed be thy name) continues to give you the Genoveses. All I'm asking for is Buffalo, is that too much to ask? Can't I have Todaro as chieftain of Ontario with Violi as a strong second?

Last edited by Lupara on Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Yeah Wiseguy has that Genovese bias lol copy paste king
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

TommyGambino wrote:Yeah Wiseguy has that Genovese bias lol copy paste king
God favors the Mormons, hence the Genoveses are #1. He doesn't like eurotrash such as myself hence he made Buffalo non-viable.

So now I'm playing around with my Ouija board in an attempt to bring back Magaddino's ghost. If all goes well he'll posses Bellomo and make him the new Buffalo boss. That'll teach this Genovese admirer.

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:28 am
Lupara wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:28 amIt is an established fact that even you cannot ignore that Canadian mobsters active in Hamilton and Toronto, up until this day, are tied to Buffalo in one form or another. Now whether that means there is still a functioning family remains to be seen. But at this point there's just a little bit too much compiling evidence to disregard that possibility based on a now dated FBI statement. Until the feds repeat this statement the debate and possibilies remain open. Buffalo may not be gone and there is nothing you can do about it so far.
It was also "an established fact" that William D'Elia was tied to the New York and Philadelphia families "in one form or another." Didn't mean much as far as the actual state of the Bufalino family. You guys will be living on "possibilities" and "what ifs" for years to come because that's all you're going to get.
No disrespect, but I think the term "apples and oranges" applies here.

On one hand, you have a man who is the boss of a defunct family, but is treated with the respect of a boss by other crime families nonetheless. Note that this man, William D'Elia, was the boss when the family was still functioning, and it was simply through general attrition that he outlived the rest of the crime family.

On the other hand, you have a man who was recently inducted into an apparently-defunct family. Indeed, such an anomaly did happen with the Rochester crime family, when a stand-alone induction ceremony was held in 2000 IIRC. But then this inductee, Violi, was later promoted to underboss, allegedly by the boss himself, Joe Todaro. Again, meaningless promotions have happened in the past, so this isn't a conclusive answer. But on top of all that, there is also evidence that the "Todaro crime family" has an active crew in Canada, and is continuing to hold more induction ceremonies (since Violi's brother was debating which family to join, right?)

WG, you've been able to find a plausible explanation for each of these anomalies, pointing to similar "defunct" families. William D'Elia. Rochester. Los Angeles. There have been plenty of cases where the structure of a crime family sometimes outlasts the actual viability of the crime family. But the problem with Buffalo is that it is not just one anomaly. It is not just one exception that proves the rule. It is multiple anomalies that all piece together to indicate that Buffalo indeed has an active Mafia presence. We have:
- An alleged boss, a confirmed, active underboss, an active capo, etc.
- A recent induction ceremony.
- The expectation/assumption of more making ceremonies (Violi's brother).
- Racketeering/organized crime activity.
- Confirmation from Canadian law enforcement that the Todaro crime family is an active criminal force that is being watched and investigated by law enforcement north of the border.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Couple questions....

1. This Fiorda.... is it possible he was a caretaker of Violi interest while they are incarcerated, and he was hit to weaken thier connection to the street?

2. Previously, the Violis were caught moving contraband cigarettes, and I believe they came from a Commiso source. Also, that Montreal clan, the Agostino- Albanese were moving lots of Cigarettes, and paying the Violis a tribute.

Could this be the key of Violi Commiso joint operations?

3. The Commisos are probably the true rival of the Rizzutos in Canada. Most likely the strongest family outside Calabria.
Were arnt going to go and make the Siderno group a Buffalo crew now, are we?

I believe these connections are more operational for business, than organizational. If the Violis CANT be ndrangheta, I dont think there is any way the Commisos are Buffalo members.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Wasn’t Franco Albanese also tied to the rizzutos?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Renaud has em paying the Violis tribute.... but yes they operate in the Montreal area....
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 pm Couple questions....

1. This Fiorda.... is it possible he was a caretaker of Violi interest while they are incarcerated, and he was hit to weaken thier connection to the street?

2. Previously, the Violis were caught moving contraband cigarettes, and I believe they came from a Commiso source. Also, that Montreal clan, the Agostino- Albanese were moving lots of Cigarettes, and paying the Violis a tribute.

Could this be the key of Violi Commiso joint operations?

3. The Commisos are probably the true rival of the Rizzutos in Canada. Most likely the strongest family outside Calabria.
Were arnt going to go and make the Siderno group a Buffalo crew now, are we?

I believe these connections are more operational for business, than organizational. If the Violis CANT be ndrangheta, I dont think there is any way the Commisos are Buffalo members.
Antonio Fiorda is pictured below with the cane he had been using per the two major Toronto dailies. (Peter Edwards wrote that “Fiorda had once weight trained on a daily basis but his body had started to fail him and he used a cane to walk over the past few years.”). The photo, dated October 4, 2018, is from Fiorda’s Facebook timeline.

I’ve traced Fiorda’s ancestry to Molise, based on his father Ennio’s obituary and that of an uncle in Vancouver, Antonio Fiorante (brother to Fiorda’s mother, Ines.) Specifically, both Fiorda’s parents descend from Civitanova del Sannio in Isernia.

If Adrian Humphreys’s source is correct about Fiorda having been a made guy, into which secret society was Fiorda made? We can have a discussion here about whether non-Calabrians outside of Italy can be ‘ndranghetisti; I don’t think they can. Could Fiorda have been made into the Buffalo Family?

Brad Hunter and Sam Pazzano originally wrote that Fiorda was a mob enforcer for a Frank Viola — see the thread that poster Ed created about the Fiorda murder — then changed the name to Joe Violi. (Sorry, but I’m appropriately suspicious.) If Domenico Violi himself allegedly was made only in January 2015, when, how, and why did a made guy like Fiorda, who might have struggled to walk the last few years of his life, start providing services to a non-made Joe Violi? to an allegedly made Joe Violi between, let’s say, at some point in 2015 (could be later or not at all) and November 2017, when Domenico and others got pinched?

I’ll write more tomorrow.