First look at ‘Sopranos’ prequel…

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: First look at ‘Sopranos’ prequel…

Post by TwoPiece »

Cheech wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:55 am anyone catch the reference to Ercole? they even mentioned tony blundetto.

a few questions

who was in the ice cream truck with him? Jackie and who?
and whos the kid with him and carmela when they are calling dickie from the phone booth for beer?
it's artie in the truck, don't know who the other kid was at the payphone

it's funny that artie seemed to do the most dirt back then, guess he really was a bad influence like coach horseface said in tony's dream
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

TwoPiece wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:29 am
Cheech wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:55 am anyone catch the reference to Ercole? they even mentioned tony blundetto.

a few questions

and whos the kid with him and carmela when they are calling dickie from the phone booth for beer?

it's funny that artie seemed to do the most dirt back then, guess he really was a bad influence like coach horseface said in tony's dream
I think the kid at the pay phone is Jackie Aprile.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Raven wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:54 am

a few questions

I think the kid at the pay phone is Jackie Aprile.
i think so too which makes it make even less sense.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

a few questions

oh does he say artie or something? i have to rewatch it.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I didn’t like how Chris was the narrator to AT ALL either

And Silvio was older in the movie then he was in the tv lol
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Nick Prango wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:08 am
Cheech wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:52 am
Dave65827 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:13 pm I don’t really have a problem with the “woke” stuff in the movie it’s just that it was done so poorly. Like why did Frank Lucas appear in the movie ? To egg on Harold on shit he was already doing ?

Not to spoil for anyone here but Dickies death was way worse off than what happened in my mind like it pissed me off

Michael Gandolfinis performance was great but he’s barely in the movie
Agreed. And Harold fuckin Giuseppina. It just happened? When did they meet?
Movie was weird. Surprised chase made it. I wanted to like it more than i did. Need to watch again. The whole thing plays like a dream sequence.
Goodfellas you felt like you were there as it was happening. In this it didnt feel real at all.
Agreed. Giuseppa and Harold made me sick to my stomach. That whole entire subplot with the woke bullshit should’ve never even been there. The relationship between Harold and Giuseppina makes no sense.
You must have missed the entire series. Meadow's boyfriend? The Hud episodes literally starring Harold? I mean the poor girl gets beat up by Dickie and his father, then murdered. How the fuck was that woke :lol:
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:39 am And Silvio was older in the movie then he was in the tv lol

So was Tony. In the show he was 7 during the Newsrk riots but in the movie he is in his mid/late teens. I haven't seen the movie but from what everyone is saying it was garbage.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

Cheech wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:16 am

a few questions

oh does he say artie or something? i have to rewatch it.
nah i was watching with subs on and the caption said it was him.

i'm gonna rewatch later and see if it was jackie who tony fought with at the payphone.. seems strange they would scrap but guys fight and stay friends all the time, it's not that crazy.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

also for what it's worth i think michael gandolfini held his own as teenage tony, really nailed some of the mannerisms and the scene with his teacher was great.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Looks like the movie was a huge box office bomb (so far only making 5 million on a 50 million budget). Serves them right. :lol: This pretty much kills off any sexual unless it is a low budget direct to video release.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Another actor plays younger Tony during the riots. Gandolfini plays him as a teenager in the 70s
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Ah ok. So the move is told in two seperate time lines.

Pogo
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

SolarSolano wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:39 am

You must have missed the entire series. Meadow's boyfriend? The Hud episodes literally starring Harold? I mean the poor girl gets beat up by Dickie and his father, then murdered. How the fuck was that woke :lol:
After I saw the movie, figured there'd be a bunch of "woke-complaining" on here. Not disappointed!! :lol: :lol:

I actually would have liked to have seen a whole Chase movie on the Newark Riots. From what I read, his scenes were dead-on accurate and people in the community that lived through it showed up on the set and said how realistic it was.

My Newark-specific complaint was no Portuguese! You got the Ironbound right there. Couldn't they come up with a bookmaker character named Manny Almeida?

I spoke briefly before the Vegas premiere (held by the Mob Museum). I talked about similarities between the mob in Jersey and the Sopranos.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:14 pm Looks like the movie was a huge box office bomb (so far only making 5 million on a 50 million budget). Serves them right. :lol: This pretty much kills off any sexual unless it is a low budget direct to video release.

Pogo
That's $5MM in tickets at the theater the first week? It's streaming on HBO Max as well. I would imagine a lot of people are going to check it out on there versus go out to a theater. I think opening week ticket sales at the theaters now is going to be a metric akin to first week album sales for music - it's going to have to be revised and updated to include all of these streaming bundle deals that get worked out. Seems kind of antiquated when people can, and will, watch the movie at home instead of going out and spending $ at the theater.

I forget who but a big actress who did one of these marvel movies was bitching about this recently. She had some sort of contract incentive that was tied to ticket sales but Disney put the movie on Disney Plus the same day as it was slated to open at theaters.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

My biggest problem was the "lack of mafia story". No, the series wasn't all about that...but it was damn near 40 percent of it.