Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by Frank »

aleksandrored wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:21 pm
Villain wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:55 pm
aleksandrored wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:20 am Great list guys, although Outfit does not have the same power as before until it has a lot of people involved, from what I read I thought it had a maximum of 40 members and associates.
Thanks man. If you ask me, there are between 10 and 15 active members and between 50 and 60 associates....
You said you believe history tends to repeat itself, do you believe that Outfit will be extinct and other gangs will take over as it did in the 1920s to 1930s?
The key to the Outfit continuing as an LCN Family depends on made guys. The age of all known members is just plain old. So unless there is members that are not identified they are in serious trouble. The Feds have them listed as viable. So I tend to think there is more to it, than what we know. Other gangs will always be around.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Frank wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:07 am
aleksandrored wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:20 am Great list guys, although Outfit does not have the same power as before until it has a lot of people involved, from what I read I thought it had a maximum of 40 members and associates.
Thanks man. If you ask me, there are between 10 and 15 active members and between 50 and 60 associates....
You said you believe history tends to repeat itself, do you believe that Outfit will be extinct and other gangs will take over as it did in the 1920s to 1930s?
The key to the Outfit continuing as an LCN Family depends on made guys. The age of all known members is just plain old. So unless there is members that are not identified they are in serious trouble. The Feds have them listed as viable. So I tend to think there is more to it, than what we know. Other gangs will always be around.
Do we have any inside info or evidence if guys like Dom Montagna, Steve Porrino, Mark Montana or Steve Panzarella were made by Sarno during his reign as boss?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:06 am
PolackTony wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:03 am
Villain wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:27 am Back during the 20s and 30, besides the 42's, i also remember reading about the alleged Grand Avenue Nobles and the Taylor Street Dukes...these groups really existed?
The Grand Nobles I've only heard about in relation to the Prohibition era, and have seen no real info aside from the name. By the 1950s the main gangs that emerged in the Grand Ave neighborhood were the Gaylords at Erie and Noble, and the C-Notes at Ohio and Leavitt.

The Taylor Nobles and Taylor Dukes though still existed by the 1950s/60s. They were older Italian "greaser" gangs that were absorbed into the Taylor Jousters who became the dominant gang in the Taylor St area.
Thanks a lot bud. These were multiethnic gangs right?
Originally they were all or mostly Italian. Over time they also began to recruit other white ethnicities (Irish, Polish, etc) and also some Latinos (Puerto Ricans or Mexicans depending on what part of town). The Gaylords and Jousters expanded to neighborhoods across the Northside of Chicago and the demographics of each chapter reflected the ethnic makeup of the neighborhood of course. So the Jousters that opened in the Bucktown area were largely Polish and Irish, the infamous Uptown Gaylords on Sunnyside and Magnolia were largely Appalachian/"hillbilly".

C-Notes recruited some Polish and Ukrainians as well as a few Latinos -- anyone who lived in the neighborhood and grew up around the guys -- but remained largely Italian into the 80s/90s.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:56 am
Villain wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:06 am
PolackTony wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:03 am
Villain wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:27 am Back during the 20s and 30, besides the 42's, i also remember reading about the alleged Grand Avenue Nobles and the Taylor Street Dukes...these groups really existed?
The Grand Nobles I've only heard about in relation to the Prohibition era, and have seen no real info aside from the name. By the 1950s the main gangs that emerged in the Grand Ave neighborhood were the Gaylords at Erie and Noble, and the C-Notes at Ohio and Leavitt.

The Taylor Nobles and Taylor Dukes though still existed by the 1950s/60s. They were older Italian "greaser" gangs that were absorbed into the Taylor Jousters who became the dominant gang in the Taylor St area.
Thanks a lot bud. These were multiethnic gangs right?
Originally they were all or mostly Italian. Over time they also began to recruit other white ethnicities (Irish, Polish, etc) and also some Latinos (Puerto Ricans or Mexicans depending on what part of town). The Gaylords and Jousters expanded to neighborhoods across the Northside of Chicago and the demographics of each chapter reflected the ethnic makeup of the neighborhood of course. So the Jousters that opened in the Bucktown area were largely Polish and Irish, the infamous Uptown Gaylords on Sunnyside and Magnolia were largely Appalachian/"hillbilly".

C-Notes recruited some Polish and Ukrainians as well as a few Latinos -- anyone who lived in the neighborhood and grew up around the guys -- but remained largely Italian into the 80s/90s.
Thanks again.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:12 am
Do we have any inside info or evidence if guys like Dom Montagna, Steve Porrino, Mark Montana or Steve Panzarella were made by Sarno during his reign as boss?
All I've heard are rumors that these guys were made. I've had people who claim to have LE sources tell me that these guys were made by Cicero, but I take all this with a big grain of salt. Even with a guy like Panozzo, I assume he was made but I've never seen any evidence directly confirming this assumption. Of course without an indictment with a wiretap or CI testimony all we can have are allegations and inferences.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:27 am
All I've heard are rumors that these guys were made. I've had people who claim to have LE sources tell me that these guys were made by Cicero, but I take all this with a big grain of salt. Even with a guy like Panozzo, I assume he was made but I've never seen any evidence directly confirming this assumption. Of course without an indictment with a wiretap or CI testimony all we can have are allegations and inferences.
Yeah I agree, we mostly have long time rumors still flying around...also, I wonder if Montana is somehow related to the old time Montana clan from the Melrose Park area?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

There was a poster on here a few years ago that mentioned Montana as one of the guys Sarno made. Nothing that has come up from credible sources. Lol the poster still thought Infelise had been underboss. Doent mean hes wrong about Montana, but still points to not knowing what hes talking about. I would just guess that the Outfit probably went back to a low key induction method. Probably all the way back to when Carlisi was jailed then sent to prison.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Frank wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:54 am
There was a poster on here a few years ago that mentioned Montana as one of the guys Sarno made. Nothing that has come up from credible sources. Lol the poster still thought Infelise had been underboss. Doent mean hes wrong about Montana, but still points to not knowing what hes talking about. I would just guess that the Outfit probably went back to a low key induction method. Probably all the way back to when Carlisi was jailed then sent to prison.
Thanks and yeah I agree...we have ppl saying some interesting stuff regarding the recent past or current situation but they dont have real knowledge regarding the old times and to tell you the truth theres nothing wrong with that, since even Butch Blasi gave a lot of confusing info regarding the 1940s and mid 50s besides being a soldier at the time...
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Villain wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:04 pm
Thanks and yeah I agree...we have ppl saying some interesting stuff regarding the recent past or current situation but they dont have real knowledge regarding the old times and to tell you the truth theres nothing wrong with that, since even Butch Blasi gave a lot of confusing info regarding the 1940s and mid 50s besides being a soldier at the time...
Yes you cant really fault some of these BH members that have come and some gone. It was Infelise who was thought to be underboss at one time. Not everybody keeps up with this stuff like we do.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Frank wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:23 pm
Villain wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:04 pm
Yes you cant really fault some of these BH members that have come and some gone. It was Infelise who was thought to be underboss at one time. Not everybody keeps up with this stuff like we do.
I completely agree...old man Cullotta will die convinced that Ferriola was the one time boss of the Outfit lol
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I'm not convinced he wasn't.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:42 pm I'm not convinced he wasn't.

Pogo
About Ferriola? :o :(
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Villain wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:58 pm

Pogo

Yeah. Roemer said he had an informant in the meeting where Ferriola was named the new Boss and he consistently names him as the Boss during that period in his books. I also have a chart from 1987 that list Ferriola as the Boss. Nick Calabrese says he wasn't but is there anything else that backs him up on that? I haven't dug as deep as some of you guys but are there any files from that mid/late 80s period that disputes it?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Pogo

Yeah. Roemer said he had an informant in the meeting where Ferriola was named the new Boss and he consistently names him as the Boss during that period in his books. I also have a chart from 1987 that list Ferriola as the Boss. Nick Calabrese says he wasn't but is there anything else that backs him up on that? I haven't dug as deep as some of you guys but are there any files from that mid/late 80s period that disputes it?

Pogo
Besides Calabrese, we also have Lenny Patricks testimony and he also said that Carlisi and DiFronzo were the two top guys. Most of the confusion comes from the info that Chi Heights boss Al Tocco was afraid of being whacked by Ferriola and the main reason for that was Tocco being recently made and instantly bumped to a capo position but under Ferriolas jurisdiction, who in turn was the top boss for the Cicero/South Side faction. When the Chi Heights mob was finished, the Cicero/South Side mob inherited their territory. You convinced now? :mrgreen: 8-)
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Villain wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:11 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Pogo

Pogo
Besides Calabrese, we also have Lenny Patricks testimony and he also said that Carlisi and DiFronzo were the two top guys. Most of the confusion comes from the info that Chi Heights boss Al Tocco was afraid of being whacked by Ferriola and the main reason for that was Tocco being recently made and instantly bumped to a capo position but under Ferriolas jurisdiction, who in turn was the top boss for the Cicero/South Side faction. When the Chi Heights mob was finished, the Cicero/South Side mob inherited their territory. You convinced now? :mrgreen: 8-)
In addition, Patrick turned informant at the beginning of the 90s and he was with the Outfit since 1940 and he was direct with many old time bosses including Mangano, Giancana, Battaglia, Aiuppa, Prio, Nicoletti, Carlisi, Marcello and Alex who in turn back in 1959 became his official boss or representative until the end