General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TallGuy19
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by TallGuy19 »

He was proposed in the 1970s, but Manzo knocked it down, calling him an "ice cream man" who didn't deserve it. They made him in 1982 anyway.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Is it true that the Bonannos were banned from making people for a few years because of their drug dealing habits in the 70s-80s?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Shellackhead wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:05 pm Is it true that the Bonannos were banned from making people for a few years because of their drug dealing habits in the 70s-80s?

The Commission closed their books from the 1979-1984. Tough I think it had more to due with all the instability after the Galante murder followed by the Brasco fiasco than them dealing drugs which all the families were doing.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:16 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:05 pm Is it true that the Bonannos were banned from making people for a few years because of their drug dealing habits in the 70s-80s?

The Commission closed their books from the 1979-1984. Tough I think it had more to due with all the instability after the Galante murder followed by the Brasco fiasco than them dealing drugs which all the families were doing.

Pogo
Thanks Pogo.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Is Frank Pasqua's dad made? I just listened to his interview and I think he said he was straightened out.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

TallGuy19 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:10 pm Is Frank Pasqua's dad made? I just listened to his interview and I think he said he was straightened out.
Yeh he's made.
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Are the 20th Avenue and Bay Parkway Boyce gangs the same gang? I'm confused, the names of Competiello and Calabro flash in both gangs, which of them obeyed Tommy Gioeli and which of them consisted of the two above?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Nurzhamba wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:13 pm Are the 20th Avenue and Bay Parkway Boyce gangs the same gang? I'm confused, the names of Competiello and Calabro flash in both gangs, which of them obeyed Tommy Gioeli and which of them consisted of the two above?
Calabro was Gioeli’s protege. I think 20th Ave is a different gang, Joe Waverly was a member I believe.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

What was the last big mafia linked hit in recent times?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:31 pm What was the last big mafia linked hit in recent times?
Depends on your definition of big and if you're only talking the US. But the last sanctioned hit would be Michael Meldish by the Luccheses.

Someone put a solid list together here.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7162
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:09 pm
Nurzhamba wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:13 pm Are the 20th Avenue and Bay Parkway Boyce gangs the same gang? I'm confused, the names of Competiello and Calabro flash in both gangs, which of them obeyed Tommy Gioeli and which of them consisted of the two above?
Calabro was Gioeli’s protege. I think 20th Ave is a different gang, Joe Waverly was a member I believe.
Joe Waverly? by this time he was already established and made man
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Does anyone know what “PC” means when referring to an informant? I know “PCI” means potential confidential informant, but haven’t been able to find what “PC” means in FBI files.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

thekiduknow wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:27 pm Does anyone know what “PC” means when referring to an informant? I know “PCI” means potential confidential informant, but haven’t been able to find what “PC” means in FBI files.
PC in prison language is PROTECTIVE CUSTODY but that’s different then what your asking i believe
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Maybe Potential Cooperative?
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

which team was led by Greg Scarpa Sr.? In the media and in other sources, he is indicated as the captain, but on this site I only found a line where he was the current captain. Is it possible that Scarpa was in the team of Russo (the future Gioeli) from the mid-80s until the age of 93?