General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Etna »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:26 pm
Etna wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:49 am Is anyone able to translate the pizzini gathered from Sandro Lo Piccolo in the link below? I assume its from extortion payments, but does this show who its going to or anything more?

https://palermo.repubblica.it/cronaca/2 ... 7139255/1/
I don't speak Italian but an English version of the article does say those records are an "accounting of the pizzo" so, yes, it is extortion payments. Lo Piccolo's clan was said to be running a huge extortion racket in Palermo.
Really? Those clans in Sicily seemed to be just collecting extortion payments and drugs - only now they seem to he venturing into loan sharking (which yes is extortion but jot pizzo).

Do you want know any sources on their accounting?
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Not sure if this is where to post it but it looks like the 1996 Gotti movie is getting a sequel
https://ew.com/movies/gotti-movie-seque ... ok-writer/

Sadly looks like the Gotti family itself is involved and it’s going to get an mafia apologist angle
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Dave65827 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:46 pm Not sure if this is where to post it but it looks like the 1996 Gotti movie is getting a sequel
https://ew.com/movies/gotti-movie-seque ... ok-writer/

Sadly looks like the Gotti family itself is involved and it’s going to get an mafia apologist angle
Another film people will get their hopes up for only to be let down on.

There's a TV & Movie section here too it could be posted on
viewforum.php?f=33
ThutmosisChen
On Record

Post by ThutmosisChen »

Which Sicilian family is considered to be the largest? Cuntrera-Caruana? Or the Corleone family?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Cuntrera-Caruana are basically viewed as defunct now.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Any info on Joe DeFede on his time on the streets?
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

I've noticed that sources in Italy say there are two Cosa Nostra factions in Gela - the Emanuello and Rinziviello clans. Are they one "mafia family" or are they completely seperate cosche?
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

ThutmosisChen wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:25 pm Which Sicilian family is considered to be the largest? Cuntrera-Caruana? Or the Corleone family?
Neither
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Etna wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:44 am I've noticed that sources in Italy say there are two Cosa Nostra factions in Gela - the Emanuello and Rinziviello clans. Are they one "mafia family" or are they completely seperate cosche?
In their 1st semester 2020 report, the DIA identified Emanuello and Rinziviello (along with Niscemi) as separate famiglie but part of the same mandamento

20210726_175802.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

The Caruana-Cuntrera clan collapsed in 98. There's some remaining guys but it's not like it was before
ThutmosisChen
On Record

Post by ThutmosisChen »

Okay so which family would you guys consider to be the largest?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

ThutmosisChen wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:22 pm Okay so which family would you guys consider to be the largest?
Largest in size? Genovese.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Shellackhead wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:33 pm
ThutmosisChen wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:22 pm Okay so which family would you guys consider to be the largest?
Largest in size? Genovese.

He's asking about sicilians
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

If you are referring to Sicily, in my opinion some of the Palermo families are on the larger side. Personally, I think the Tomasso-Natale-San Lorenzo, Brancaccio, Bagheria are the larger groups there. But if you go to Trapani, while these are all separate organizations, they have been re-organized and consolidated under Matteo Messina Denaro. If you examine Catania, I think the Catania family (aka the Santapaola-Ercolano group) is among the largest organization there along with the Cappello clan. Even the San Mauro Castelverde mandamento (not a family) is large considering they have expanded into the province of Messina.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

So, I know the San Mauro Castelverde mandamento of Cosa Nostra has moved into Messina, but what exactly is the layout of the rest of the mafia in Messina (province and city)? I realize there has been a mix of Cosa Nostra & 'Ndrangheta influenced there, but are most of these groups independent?