General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Antiliar »

I asked him about Rudy Fratto. He said he heard that he's inactive.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:40 pm I asked him about Rudy Fratto. He said he heard that he's inactive.
Thanks for following up. Sounds right to me, personally. He may have had some stuff going before but I think he was never respected and fucked up too many times and probably got himself shelved.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

He said Gabeet is heavy in the streets these days. Some say he's made, but he (my source) isn't sure.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

funkster wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:38 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:08 pm I wonder if the guys Solly has in EP just report direct to him and there are other guys operating there? The guy hasn't heard of Dote or Gagliano so if they are active, maybe they run through someone else.
This would seem to be the most likely scenario. When I asked Binder about the EP stuff, his caveat was that if it ceased to exist as we knew it under the Cerone/Difronzo days, it does not mean people aren't operating out of there.

My guess is that Ant's source might be familiar with specifically Cicero guys...has not had exposure to guys outside of there.
Hell, maybe even a subset of the crew.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:47 pm He said Gabeet is heavy in the streets these days. Some say he's made, but he (my source) isn't sure.
Now that's very interesting.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:47 pm He said Gabeet is heavy in the streets these days. Some say he's made, but he (my source) isn't sure.
Good info. I was wondering about Gabeet.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I have a hunch that one of the redacted names on the 93 list is Bellavia
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:49 pm
I know we talked about this before, but what was their interest in BN given that on paper the owner is a Mexican guy? I had always heard they were into it, but then had a friend tell me an acquaintance from high school's father owned it.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:50 pm
Hmmm. Any other sources suggesting Gabeet being made?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Do we know for certain if Bobby Salerno was made? If so, seems next to impossible with that core crew of Marino, Solly, Salerno, and Bellavia that Gabeet wasn't made at some point.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:51 pm
I know we talked about this before, but what was their interest in BN given that on paper the owner is a Mexican guy? I had always heard they were into it, but then had a friend tell me an acquaintance from high school's father owned it.
I don’t recall at the moment. My understanding was that Bellavia’s sister owned it? Maybe the other guy was a front.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:53 pm
funkster wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:51 pm
I don’t recall at the moment. My understanding was that Bellavia’s sister owned it? Maybe the other guy was a front.
That would be my guess. I know Salerno was released a few years ago, is he still alive or did he pass away? He's pretty old.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:52 pm
Do we know for certain if Bobby Salerno was made? If so, seems next to impossible with that core crew of Marino, Solly, Salerno, and Bellavia that Gabeet wasn't made at some point.
Infelise and Solly D definitely were. Marino and Bellavia are probable. I haven't seen anything about Salerno being made. Other guys at his level were and weren't made, so it could go either way.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

More info: The Cicero crew used to meet at the Big Top restaurant at the corner of Roosevelt and Austin (6001 W Roosevelt). Jimmy Marcello, Jimmy I, and Johnny Apes used to meet there. It was owned by George Kokenes, who lost money on it. Johnny Apes's son lived upstairs without paying rent. The pawn shop The Gold Exchange is next door. He said that he doesn't think Jerry Scalise is made, so my previous info is probably wrong. A lot of Outfit guys and their families work at Maranos, including Louie Marino before he died. The Cicero guys now meet in a restaurant in the suburbs every Sunday. A guy named TJ Lynch does heavy work for Cicero.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:38 pm More info: The Cicero crew used to meet at the Big Top restaurant at the corner of Roosevelt and Austin (6001 W Roosevelt). Jimmy Marcello, Jimmy I, and Johnny Apes used to meet there. It was owned by George Kokenes, who lost money on it. Johnny Apes's son lived upstairs without paying rent. The pawn shop The Gold Exchange is next door. He said that he doesn't think Jerry Scalise is made, so my previous info is probably wrong. A lot of Outfit guys and their families work at Maranos, including Louie Marino before he died. The Cicero guys now meet in a restaurant in the suburbs every Sunday. A guy named TJ Lynch does heavy work for Cicero.
This must have been a very small frame of time if Marcello, Inendino, and Monteleone were all meeting together. 1991 (when Inendino was released from prison) to late 1992 (Marcello indicted) was the only period of time after 1978 where all three were alive and on the streets.