Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:24 am
CabriniGreen wrote:
Lupara wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:15 am
CabriniGreen wrote:
Lupara wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:29 am
CabriniGreen wrote:Also, what does " stabilizing" mean when there are still murders happening?

Are they unrelated? Doubtful, right?
The murders may very well be part of the stabilization proces. Sal Scoppa's for instance.
Stabilize, UNDER WHO?
Under the for the sake of everyone working together to make money. Scoppa was a trouble maker and it looks like an outlier.
Come on now, stop playing....

Are the Rizzutos back in the fold under the Bonnanos?

Is that what the Violis meant?

Or are they still calling thier own shot?
What makes you believe I or anyone else here can provide those answers? There are no insiders here.
It's not so much I EXPECT answers, but I do believe these are the correct questions to be asking....

I've never pretended to know everything up there.....
I just see what's happening and try to draw reasonable conclusions.....

Take Manning, his statement " Canada is all Bonnano"...

This seems to be a neat, simple explanation, but it cant be right. Not today..... At the very least the Gambinos have interest in Toronto. We've seen it recently. The Caputos seem to be around em looking for protection, even...

I think Business or Blood has Rizzuto meeting with Buffalo in 2001..... about... WHAT?

Also, everyone making money together, thats been one of MY main points the whole time, that these people are tied together more with business than an organizational tie, I know yall are tired of me saying it...

That's was one of my explanations for why the Violis were at the Bonnano ceremony, to certify a business ties between the Bonnanos and Violi/Buffalo. ( I wont go into WHAT type of business, but we know a lot about Zummos people..) And maybe double as the formal I trod between wiseguys.

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

introduction between wiseguys
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

When and where did Manning say Canada is all Bonanno? I don't recall him stating that.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Cross-posting.

-----------------

Article about Paul Manning:

Undercover police officer who infiltrated Hells Angels and the Mafia opens up about PTSD

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire- ... d-16792835
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:36 am When and where did Manning say Canada is all Bonanno? I don't recall him stating that.
mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:37 pm
stubbs wrote:
mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:08 am
slimshady_007 wrote:It was also revealed that Buffalo was in contact with mobsters in nyc and had to seek their approval for certain decisions in the family. Im not sayin Buffalo is on the level of the Gambinos but Buffalo def appears to be active.
This is a possible working theory. Buffalo are not in charge of their own shit anymore and answer to others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
More questions:

Who’s really controlling the Todaro/Buffalo family? Are they controlled by the Bonanno family?

Do the Bonannos have made members in Ontario? The Violi bust details indicated they were making new members of the Bonannos in Canada. Violi was even at a Bonanno ceremony, which is odd because he’s in the Buffalo family.

Do the Gambinos factor into the equation in Ontario at all? In terms of connections or anything. They seem to have had high level meetings in Toronto but we don’t have a ton of info.
From Jack Garcia. Gambinos had nothing to do with Canada. It was all Bonnano’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a little exhausted you made me go find that, lol... it took forever......
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

But now its gotta be clear, that cant be the MOST current info, agreed? Or mo?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Something else bugs me.....

mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:57 pm
stubbs wrote:
mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:48 pm Buffalo Detective just got back to me. He says they are still in play, but for higher end stuff, not street level stuff. Gaming etc. Would also figure if they’re getting as much book from Ontario as Pat has made out in the past, they need to do little else. He worked homicide past 7 and drugs the 3 before that. He went on that ‘La Nova’ is a front. “It’s a dump but they’re driving around in brand new $50,000 delivery trucks.” Most case mobster will have a number of small business which they clean cash through. Love to see the tax returns on ‘La Nova’.

Very interesting! Any idea if the Buffalo family has any connections to drug trafficking? I doubt it, but I remember reading that there’s some Indian reservations along the border (Either NY or Vermont) that have been used for smuggling.

The city of Buffalo seems to have some dealers affiliated with the Sinaloa cartel in their city. I doubt they have connections to the Buffalo mob, but maybe they bring it up there from Mexico and sell to the Violi crew, who then wholesale it themselves to lower level dealers.
The Buffalo Homicide Detective I spoke to earlier, worked drugs and there was no suggestion of it at all.

Violi is a made guy, apparently underboss, and literally in jail for cocaine, pills, and fentanyl. His brother Joe said he INTRODUCED crack to Hamilton.

Either the Buffalo guys are lying, or they dont know what's going on up there in Canada....

OR, this activity takes place ENTIRELY IN CANADA, and is off the Buffalo PDs radar....
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Maybe he meant no suggestion of them working with the cartel cabrini?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:56 am Maybe he meant no suggestion of them working with the cartel cabrini?
That could be it......

It's been in the indictment..... Violis man, Massamigliano Carfana, was trying to organize a consignment from Colombia, for like 300 kilos.

I dont know where the Cartel stuff comes from..... unless he was in Colombia, dealing with Mexicans in Colombia.

The Gambino- Ursino thing had Mexicans based in Guyana...
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:24 pm @ antimafia

What's the Caputos primary business? Base of operations? They are Ndrangheta, then? You have any idea if they are under the Siderno clans? Or are they Gionica? I butchered the spelling.....
Peter Edwards's latest article discusses the Wolfpack Alliance of which Martino Caputo is/was considered a member. See link at the bottom of this post. (The article repeats the theory that Cosimo Ernesto Commisso was killed because of his older Commisso relatives -- his father's first cousins -- having clashed with the Wolfpack Alliance.)

I don't think that Martino, along with twin brother Antonio and the recently murdered Paolo, were 'ndrangheta members. If they were, there would be nothing surprising about their being associates of Vito Rizzuto and vice versa. Italian-Canadians Roberto and Antonio Papalia -- twin brothers born in Calabria -- were also Rizzuto's associates, but I don't think the brothers were 'ndranghetisti.

Martino's main line of business was the importation and trafficking of cocaine, an activity that a number of years ago took him to Ontario's Niagara Region, where he was considered Nick Nero's right-hand man -- this position he held is one reason I don't think Martino was a made member of any Italian secret society. Paul Manning had stated on Twitter that Antonio had also moved to the Niagara Region, presumably at or around the same time as his brother had.

Back in May 2007, a number of Canadian newspapers had reported that a Luigi Caputo and an Antonio Caputo had been charged with keeping a common gambling house -- a cafe in the Ontario town of Oakville was raided; these Caputos were said to be residents of Oakville, which is part of the Greater Toronto Area. The reported age of this Antonio Caputo in 2007 -- 29 years old -- does not match up with the ages of twins Martino and Angelo that have been reported at various times over the years. Nevertheless, twins Martino and Antonio were caught up in the Montreal Mafia-tied gambling-ring bust in Ontario in the early 2000s, and recent articles about their brother Paolo also mentions his involvement in illegal gambling.

Given what felice had posted about Antonio Caputo now being in New York, I've finally come to the view that the twins are journeymen. The twins' being Calabrian likely brought one or both of them into contact with the Siderno Group in the GTA, and if their ancestry did not, they likely would have encountered Cosimo Commisso of the GTA because Commisso was obviously working in concert with Rizzuto in the aforementioned gambling ring -- permission had to be asked of Commisso regarding the installation of machines in Hamilton and Ottawa.

How millennial mobsters are changing the face of organized crime
https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9563 ... zed-crime/
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

does not match up with the ages of twins Martino and *Antonio
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:50 am
Lupara wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:36 am When and where did Manning say Canada is all Bonanno? I don't recall him stating that.
mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:37 pm
stubbs wrote:
mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:08 am
slimshady_007 wrote:It was also revealed that Buffalo was in contact with mobsters in nyc and had to seek their approval for certain decisions in the family. Im not sayin Buffalo is on the level of the Gambinos but Buffalo def appears to be active.
This is a possible working theory. Buffalo are not in charge of their own shit anymore and answer to others.

More questions:

Who’s really controlling the Todaro/Buffalo family? Are they controlled by the Bonanno family?

Do the Bonannos have made members in Ontario? The Violi bust details indicated they were making new members of the Bonannos in Canada. Violi was even at a Bonanno ceremony, which is odd because he’s in the Buffalo family.

Do the Gambinos factor into the equation in Ontario at all? In terms of connections or anything. They seem to have had high level meetings in Toronto but we don’t have a ton of info.
From Jack Garcia. Gambinos had nothing to do with Canada. It was all Bonnano’s.

I'm a little exhausted you made me go find that, lol... it took forever......
Cabrini, he wasn’t saying that the Bonannos control all of Canada. Just that the war in Montreal to take out the Rizzutos was led/backed by the Bonannos and the Gambinos had nothing to do with it.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:16 am Something else bugs me.....

mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:57 pm
stubbs wrote:
mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:48 pm Buffalo Detective just got back to me. He says they are still in play, but for higher end stuff, not street level stuff. Gaming etc. Would also figure if they’re getting as much book from Ontario as Pat has made out in the past, they need to do little else. He worked homicide past 7 and drugs the 3 before that. He went on that ‘La Nova’ is a front. “It’s a dump but they’re driving around in brand new $50,000 delivery trucks.” Most case mobster will have a number of small business which they clean cash through. Love to see the tax returns on ‘La Nova’.

Very interesting! Any idea if the Buffalo family has any connections to drug trafficking? I doubt it, but I remember reading that there’s some Indian reservations along the border (Either NY or Vermont) that have been used for smuggling.

The city of Buffalo seems to have some dealers affiliated with the Sinaloa cartel in their city. I doubt they have connections to the Buffalo mob, but maybe they bring it up there from Mexico and sell to the Violi crew, who then wholesale it themselves to lower level dealers.
The Buffalo Homicide Detective I spoke to earlier, worked drugs and there was no suggestion of it at all.

Violi is a made guy, apparently underboss, and literally in jail for cocaine, pills, and fentanyl. His brother Joe said he INTRODUCED crack to Hamilton.

Either the Buffalo guys are lying, or they dont know what's going on up there in Canada....

OR, this activity takes place ENTIRELY IN CANADA, and is off the Buffalo PDs radar....
The way I read his reply is that it’s the latter: The Buffalo faction in the city of Buffalo has nothing to so with drugs. But didn’t rule out the Hamilton crews, because of course Violis got busted for drugs.
maloots
Honorary Member

Post by maloots »

An article about Paolo Caputo.

Canada: restaurateur allegedly killed over $5M cocaine debt to Mexican cartel
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2019/08/c ... illed.html
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

MOB WAR: What's driving underworld bloodshed?

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... bloodshed/