General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by chin_gigante »

It was Pappa. Gravano wasn't involved
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

Can an associate order hits on other connected associate's .Does he need permission? I wonder if Jimmy Burke needed permission to kill his whole Lufthansa crew and for other hits he ordered.
He seemed to carry a lot of weight for a non-
made guy.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

desertdog wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:49 am Can an associate order hits on other connected associate's .Does he need permission? I wonder if Jimmy Burke needed permission to kill his whole Lufthansa crew and for other hits he ordered.
made guy.
I think even made guys need permission to kill associates. I know that Genovese soldier Phil Buono asked permission to kill associate Nat Maselli. And, while they weren't associates, Gravano went to Castellano for permission to kill the bikers who tried to shake him down.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

desertdog wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:49 am Can an associate order hits on other connected associate's .Does he need permission? I wonder if Jimmy Burke needed permission to kill his whole Lufthansa crew and for other hits he ordered.
made guy.
JImmy probably cleared the post-Lufthansa killing spree with Paul Vario and I'm sure he kicked up part of the extra 500 grand he got to keep every time he killed a robber participant to Paulie.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Why do guns jam so often in mob hits? Seems like this happens in every other hit. I guess because they're total amateurs who don't really know how to handle guns properly? Was idly wondering about this. Keep reading accounts of mob hits where "his gunned jammed" and I'm like "of course it did, it was a mob hit"
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Ivan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:32 pm Why do guns jam so often in mob hits? Seems like this happens in every other hit. I guess because they're total amateurs who don't really know how to handle guns properly? Was idly wondering about this. Keep reading accounts of mob hits where "his gunned jammed" and I'm like "of course it did, it was a mob hit"
I've heard that they use old guns that they can throw away after they're done.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

TallGuy19 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:36 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:32 pm Why do guns jam so often in mob hits? Seems like this happens in every other hit. I guess because they're total amateurs who don't really know how to handle guns properly? Was idly wondering about this. Keep reading accounts of mob hits where "his gunned jammed" and I'm like "of course it did, it was a mob hit"
I've heard that they use old guns that they can throw away after they're done.
Maybe, but it's hard to be done in the first place if the shitty gun fucking jams!
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

It would be a good idea to only use revolvers, but the gun laws in New York are very strict, so they have to take what they can get, I guess.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

TallGuy19 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:14 am It would be a good idea to only use revolvers, but the gun laws in New York are very strict, so they have to take what they can get, I guess.
Don't think criminals are worried about gun laws
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Has Barney Bellomo ever killed someone or is there information that he’s been involved in at least one?
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Someone from the Colombo family was engaged in car theft on a regular basis in the 80s and 90s ? I heard about Chikki DeMartino allegedly controlling the hijackings and there was an argument with another mafia boss about it.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Shellackhead wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:47 pm Has Barney Bellomo ever killed someone or is there information that he’s been involved in at least one?
If I remember correctly, the only murder he's actually been charged with is Ralph Coppola. However, considering how long he's been in the family leadership (over 30 years), he's likely approved several.
All roads lead to New York.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:59 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:47 pm Has Barney Bellomo ever killed someone or is there information that he’s been involved in at least one?
If I remember correctly, the only murder he's actually been charged with is Ralph Coppola. However, considering how long he's been in the family leadership (over 30 years), he's likely approved several.
Amazing how he hasn’t been charged for the others, I always wondered what did he do during his early 20s, probably check cashing scams loansharking & gambling.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Shellackhead wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:04 pm
Amazing how he hasn’t been charged for the others, I always wondered what did he do during his early 20s, probably check cashing scams loansharking & gambling.
Scratch that, he was also charged with the Ralph DeSimone and Hickey DiLorenzo murders in 1996.

I don't know about his 20s but of course he was involved in control of the Javits Center through the Carpenters Union. He was also charged with conspiracy to control ILA Local 1804-1 and rigging contracts for kickbacks.
All roads lead to New York.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:52 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:04 pm
Scratch that, he was also charged with the Ralph DeSimone and Hickey DiLorenzo murders in 1996.

I don't know about his 20s but of course he was involved in control of the Javits Center through the Carpenters Union. He was also charged with conspiracy to control ILA Local 1804-1 and rigging contracts for kickbacks.
Ok so he’s into white collar crimes, & those two are were the murders where they even used a lie detector to try to get him