John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by aray22 »

bluehouse wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:51 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:54 pm
bluehouse wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:37 am im really finding it hard to believe big john was as incompetent as JP makes him out to be.There are so many heavy hitters in that crew but yet big john was chosen captain.Even if his relationship with Joe napoli was as strong as it was i dont think that was enough to give a captains position for so long
Agree.

Castelluci was the one who spread the rumor about John turning rat, cheat with his girl IIRC.

Of course he's going to be bitter.

I remember reading an article by Capeci years and years ago stating Big John was a powerful capo.

I'm not saying he's the greatest out there, just agreeing that Pennisi's view of him is likely colored.
Appearantly it wasnt that JP was a rat for LE but a rat for the Gambinos.After big john fucked his girlfriend (who knows if thats true) JP started giving all the secrets in his crew to his friends in the gambinos to try to undermine big John and get him taken down from the captains position
Big John didn't fuck his girl, it was his brother Boobsie. Both of them started the rat rumor.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Good breakdown of the semi-modern era Brooklyn crew, Chin - thank you

I agree about Big John probably being nowhere as incompetent as Pennisi made him sound. I've "followed" Pennisi from the jump since his first interview with Levechia and once the ball got rolling and they started dropping more shows, it didn't take long for me to start thinking I should take things that Pennisi says about people in his former crew (especially Big John) with a grain of salt.

I always found it crazy too that when certain guys got home from prison and assigned to Big John's crew, they balked and said no. I could understand if it's one or two people that have had a longstanding bitter, personal history with him or something - but a whole group of guys thinking they can do whatever they want because they killed a few people and did some time? I kinda get annoyed when I always hear "...another example of how far the mob has fallen off" but something like this really fits into that saying. They can't afford to kill guys for not following orders and know how bad of a look it would be to shelf guys who just did a bunch of time - but it's crazy a big group of guys were allowed to basically balk at a boss/acting boss/whoever's decision and refuse to acknowledge a Capo that the administration put in position. If you don't respect a guy that was appointed Capo you're basically saying you don't respect the people who put him there, either - which now after typing it out actually makes sense, since it was them who put the battery in DeSantis' back and used the 2017 Indictment to get the entire administration turned over

Now I am starting to wonder if the Meldish murder never happened and all of those Brooklyn guys came home - what would have gone on with the family and the leadership? The admin getting locked up was an easy opportunity, but what if they didn't?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

@bluhouse where did you hear he was 'ratting' big John to the Bino's? Interesting news absolutely, and makes a hell of a lot of sense. Would love to know source.

@new always the king dude. Ive always had a sub conscious niggle about all these guys telling BJ to f off. Baudanza just refusing to come in and ignoring BJ and the result... he was transferred?? GTFOH. Soldiers dont feel/rejecting/ignoring/fuck off to their captains, and nothing happens to the soldier BUT ALSO THE CAPTAIN (Kept in place?!?), never sat right, think its bullshit. Multiple guys tell a captain to go walk? Unheard of. Multiple guys tell a captain to walk and no consequences? UNheard of. Multiple guys tell a Captain to walk and no consequences and the captain keeps his stripes? Bull, shit.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

@new the Meldish hit never happens? Nothing changes. Matty Acting, Crea official UB, DiNap Consig.

DeSantis maybe a captain, Georgie neck always getting his stripes post release, Pagani, Conte same.

5 years from now nothing happens Maddona, DiNapoli, Vic die off:
Crea boss
Georgie neck UB
Pagani consig.

Pennisi Acting boss.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

bluehouse wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:37 am im really finding it hard to believe big john was as incompetent as JP makes him out to be.There are so many heavy hitters in that crew but yet big john was chosen captain.Even if his relationship with Joe napoli was as strong as it was i dont think that was enough to give a captains position for so long
Big John became the capo of that crew due to his closeness with the Consigliere at that time, Joe DiNapoli who was concerned about the Brooklyn faction making a move to take the leadership back to Brooklyn.
Big John was loyal to the Bronx and he was overseeing the Brooklyn faction, this is why he was the Capo.
He’s no longer Capo, DeSantis does not like him. I believe what Pennisi has said about him
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

newera_212 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:22 pm Good breakdown of the semi-modern era Brooklyn crew, Chin - thank you

I agree about Big John probably being nowhere as incompetent as Pennisi made him sound. I've "followed" Pennisi from the jump since his first interview with Levechia and once the ball got rolling and they started dropping more shows, it didn't take long for me to start thinking I should take things that Pennisi says about people in his former crew (especially Big John) with a grain of salt.

I always found it crazy too that when certain guys got home from prison and assigned to Big John's crew, they balked and said no. I could understand if it's one or two people that have had a longstanding bitter, personal history with him or something - but a whole group of guys thinking they can do whatever they want because they killed a few people and did some time? I kinda get annoyed when I always hear "...another example of how far the mob has fallen off" but something like this really fits into that saying. They can't afford to kill guys for not following orders and know how bad of a look it would be to shelf guys who just did a bunch of time - but it's crazy a big group of guys were allowed to basically balk at a boss/acting boss/whoever's decision and refuse to acknowledge a Capo that the administration put in position. If you don't respect a guy that was appointed Capo you're basically saying you don't respect the people who put him there, either - which now after typing it out actually makes sense, since it was them who put the battery in DeSantis' back and used the 2017 Indictment to get the entire administration turned over

Now I am starting to wonder if the Meldish murder never happened and all of those Brooklyn guys came home - what would have gone on with the family and the leadership? The admin getting locked up was an easy opportunity, but what if they didn't?
They would have waited for the right time to make a move.They would not have started a war but If Madonna didn’t step down when told to do so by Amuso, Crea and his son who was a Capo would have been killed by them.8 members of the Bronx Faction would have been murdered if Madonna didn’t step down.Pennisi confirmed this.
The 8 names were on a list that DeSantis and Dellorusso discussed.
DeSantis deserves the Acting Boss position more than anyone in that family today
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Another interesting thing Pennisi has said about Castellucci was that he was briefly considered to be put on a panel to help run the family. When Joe DiNapoli went to prison on the New Jersey gambling case (leaving Stevie Crea as underboss the only remaining administration member on the street), there was a plan to put Castellucci and Dom Truscello on a panel to fill in for DiNapoli. For whatever reason though this never happened.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

newera_212 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:22 pm Good breakdown of the semi-modern era Brooklyn crew, Chin - thank you

If the killers don't respect him.....maybe it's warranted?
Maybe it speaks to the man, not the organization, necessarily?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

John Pennisi makes no sense, when he first popped out according to him, Michael DeSantis said he was the “future” of the family.

But the man never touched not even 100K, was ordered by the administration at the time to assault some guy but couldn’t do that & someone else had to do it, and the reason he got made was one of the dumbest ways i’ve seen. They didn’t know if he was reliable, or an earner. All they knew is this guy killed someone over some booty in 1990.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:49 am

They would have waited for the right time to make a move.They would not have started a war but If Madonna didn’t step down when told to do so by Amuso, Crea and his son who was a Capo would have been killed by them.8 members of the Bronx Faction would have been murdered if Madonna didn’t step down.Pennisi confirmed this.
DeSantis deserves the Acting Boss position more than anyone in that family today
The idea that 8 mob guys would get whacked in the late 2010s is pure fantasy. How the hell would these guys even pull that off? Would they use a helicopter like that scene from Godfather 3?

If anything it would look something like what happened with the Bonannos around the same time period. The guys would be put on the shelf and if any violence resulted from that it would be something lame like a car getting set on fire or old men tussling in a funeral home. The mob isn't what it used to be.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:28 am The idea that 8 mob guys would get whacked in the late 2010s is pure fantasy. How the hell would these guys even pull that off?
I agree. In reality they probably could have just wacked Crea Sr and the rest would have fallen into line. He was the backbone of that entire administration.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Shellackhead wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:57 am John Pennisi makes no sense, when he first popped out according to him, Michael DeSantis said he was the “future” of the family.

But the man never touched not even 100K, was ordered by the administration at the time to assault some guy but couldn’t do that & someone else had to do it, and the reason he got made was one of the dumbest ways i’ve seen. They didn’t know if he was reliable, or an earner. All they knew is this guy killed someone over some booty in 1990.
What was dumb about it? He was a guy that did 18 years in prison and he was childhood friends with the bosses son in law plus a bunch of other made guys that he knew from his neighbourhood. A lot of guys get straightened out for similar reasons. It wasn't unusual.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Little_Al1991 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:49 am...8 members of the Bronx Faction would have been murdered if Madonna didn’t step down.Pennisi confirmed this.
Dude if you believe this.

There hasn't been ONE, ONE five family murder of a made guy in 20 years and the Luke's are going to clip 8, EIGHT.... EIGHT!!!!! Guys, in one clip?!
And they're Captains, acting bosses....
dude you are absolutely kidding.

The whole fucking admin plus capos plus soldiers got indicted for JUST meldish, and they're going to clip 8 made guys with people in positions.

8 guys getting clipped. AB, UB, Capos . Ok.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

JohnnyS wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:10 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:57 am John Pennisi makes no sense, when he first popped out according to him, Michael DeSantis said he was the “future” of the family.

What was dumb about it? He was a guy that did 18 years in prison and he was childhood friends with the bosses son in law plus a bunch of other made guys that he knew from his neighbourhood. A lot of guys get straightened out for similar reasons. It wasn't unusual.
Exactly.

You don't think Pennisi deserved his button, you don't know what you're talking about.

You're Italian, do 18 years for murder, people are shocked you get a button? Those people are idiots.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:26 pm
Hired_Goonz wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:28 am The idea that 8 mob guys would get whacked in the late 2010s is pure fantasy. How the hell would these guys even pull that off?
I agree. In reality they probably could have just wacked Crea Sr and the rest would have fallen into line. He was the backbone of that entire administration.
No one was getting whacked.