Gambino Family members party

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Gambino Family members party

Post by Pogo The Clown »

We have nothing to suggest that Cali was demoted. Just the usual internet fresh street talk that is never right.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:34 pm We have nothing to suggest that Cali was demoted. Just the usual internet fresh street talk that is never right.
Point.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

Having a Panel and an AB, has this ever been done before?

So, until any concrete evidence is suggested otherwise this is what it is?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

rayray wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:12 pm Having a Panel and an AB, has this ever been done before?

The Genovese family used a smiliar structure during the late 90s and 2000s.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

The Cali being demoted theory seems to have come from people reading too much into felice's thread about Cali's standing in the family.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

felice, one more question - In the party did Giuseppe and Cesare from Philadelphia attend?
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Yes. Looks like you got it
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

toto wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:52 pm felice, one more question - In the party did Giuseppe and Cesare from Philadelphia attend?
Who are they please?
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

non ti preoccupare, io capisco. io non posso dirti la mia fonte.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

If you can't say you can't say I guess.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

felice wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 2:06 pm well, this is a recent story, Giuseppe Gambino wanted to make soldier Salvatore Lombardo. Lombardo has been living in the Usa for more than 20 years and before to come to Usa he was a made man in the Montelepre family. To make him, Gambino said he needed an official letter from his mob family in sicily.
Calogero Caruso, member of Torretta family and very close to Gambino, managed all the situation by going to Montelepre family capo and then to the capomandamento to get this letter.
He was taped by police and only for this story he was sentenced to 8 years
To return to this I found Rosario Naimo said he asked Toto Riina in the 70s for a permission to join an American family but Riina refused "You must stay with us". It must be possible if Naimo is requesting.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

toto wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:50 am
felice wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 2:06 pm well, this is a recent story, Giuseppe Gambino wanted to make soldier Salvatore Lombardo. Lombardo has been living in the Usa for more than 20 years and before to come to Usa he was a made man in the Montelepre family. To make him, Gambino said he needed an official letter from his mob family in sicily.
Calogero Caruso, member of Torretta family and very close to Gambino, managed all the situation by going to Montelepre family capo and then to the capomandamento to get this letter.
To return to this I found Rosario Naimo said he asked Toto Riina in the 70s for a permission to join an American family but Riina refused "You must stay with us". It must be possible if Naimo is requesting.
If all true it seems likely that once a Sicilian mafia member has obtained a full release from his family he is free to be remade into American Cosa Nostra.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:45 pm
If all true it seems likely that once a Sicilian mafia member has obtained a full release from his family he is free to be remade into American Cosa Nostra.
I wonder if he is fully remade or just becomes "recognized" as a member of that family.

I've thought for a while that the bigger issue with Sicilian - USA membership recognition isn't the rule against it, but that there just weren't enough guys who could make the introductions past a certain point. You have to figure that From the 1800s-1960s, there were still many members who had been made in Sicily or otherwise had strong ties to members over there. Hard to believe that guys like John Bonventre and Frank Garafalo would retire to Sicily and not be recognized as Cosa Nostra members, as we know that the Sicilians recognized Angelo Bruno, Joe Ida (a Calabrian), and Benedetto D'alessandro, and it is strongly implied that the Sicilians recognized Joe Bonanno, Joe Profaci, Joe Magliocco, Stefano Magaddino, and others. Angelo Bruno discusses official relations between the US and Sicilian Commissions and if I remember right Joe Bonanno implies he helped settle disputes when he visited.

After the 1970s is another question, but we know that Angelo Bruno recognized Rosario Gambino's Sicilian Mafia membership and that John Stanfa was recognized in both Caccamo and Philly. The DeCavalcantes still apparently recognized Sicilian membership during this time and onward. Both the Bonannos and Gambinos had strong "zip" factions that closely associated with Sicilian members, and the Luccheses had a strong connection to the Sicilian mafia through Naimo, with this new information telling us that there was some possibility of him being released/transferred though it never happened.

i don't know... even if there was a rule against recognizing Sicilian membership, it seems like yet another rule that was broken as needed.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

B. wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:28 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:45 pm
I wonder if he is fully remade or just becomes "recognized" as a member of that family.

I've thought for a while that the bigger issue with Sicilian - USA membership recognition isn't the rule against it, but that there just weren't enough guys who could make the introductions past a certain point. You have to figure that From the 1800s-1960s, there were still many members who had been made in Sicily or otherwise had strong ties to members over there. Hard to believe that guys like John Bonventre and Frank Garafalo would retire to Sicily and not be recognized as Cosa Nostra members, as we know that the Sicilians recognized Angelo Bruno, Joe Ida (a Calabrian), and Benedetto D'alessandro, and it is strongly implied that the Sicilians recognized Joe Bonanno, Joe Profaci, Joe Magliocco, Stefano Magaddino, and others. Angelo Bruno discusses official relations between the US and Sicilian Commissions and if I remember right Joe Bonanno implies he helped settle disputes when he visited.

After the 1970s is another question, but we know that Angelo Bruno recognized Rosario Gambino's Sicilian Mafia membership and that John Stanfa was recognized in both Caccamo and Philly. The DeCavalcantes still apparently recognized Sicilian membership during this time and onward. Both the Bonannos and Gambinos had strong "zip" factions that closely associated with Sicilian members, and the Luccheses had a strong connection to the Sicilian mafia through Naimo, with this new information telling us that there was some possibility of him being released/transferred though it never happened.

i don't know... even if there was a rule against recognizing Sicilian membership, it seems like yet another rule that was broken as needed.
Well from the wording felice and toto used I would lean towards guys being fully remade because they wouldn't use that word (made, make) if they were just going to transfer from one family to another.
In my opinion the biggest issue with the Sicilian -USA membership recognition is trust. In the old days you could be certain someone you didn't personally know but was a member would keep his word. At some point in time they truly became two completely separate organizations and fluid membership would just cause more problems then they would solve. Its also wise to consider the Genovese family position on this topic and how that might have influenced the decision to not recognize sicilians.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Good points all around. I hope we learn more about these relationships in the future, as these zip topics are some of the most interesting I've read in a while.