Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

Steven Ovadia, aka The Jew, killed on Jesus Island. Day of reckoning perhaps?
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Laurentian wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:46 am Man shot to death in Laval strip mall

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-n ... ll-reports
Here is an updated article by Paul Cherry :

Man killed in Laval had ties to highest levels of Montreal Mafia

http://montrealgazette.com/news/man-kil ... real-mafia
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by dixiemafia »

Lupara wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:16 pmI don't think Mirarchi is in a position to protect him. Desjardins has too many powerful enemies.
Hard to tell IMHO. If he's been out for 6+ months then he's doing pretty good, surely he's on the hit list too.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

A Twitter user who over the last few years has given the impression that he is a son of Rocco Violi, murdered October 17, 1980, replied to my retweet of a CBC Montreal news story about the murder last night of Steve Ovadia. Here's my Evernote link to a screenshot of the tweets:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... d3fe7022c0
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Laurentian wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:50 pm Man who manufactured firearms used in Mob hits awaits sentence

http://montrealgazette.com/news/sentenc ... n-mob-hits
"LaSalle gun manufacturer sentenced to seven years in prison"

http://montrealgazette.com/news/lasalle ... s-in-jail/
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Laurentian wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:50 pm Man who manufactured firearms used in Mob hits awaits sentence

http://montrealgazette.com/news/sentenc ... n-mob-hits
GREAT ARTICLE!
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

antimafia wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:45 pm Just when we thought it was too quiet.

"Un associé d'un important chef de clan mafieux tué à Laval"

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/0 ... -a-laval-1
We LOVE your contributions (refer vague, intended as complimentary, fruit ((vegetable??)) based compliment prior) but can you (looking at you too Laurentian) please please please PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE with basil on top translate articles into English or give a brief englaise summation as substitute?

My evil google box translates French to English as unreadable gibberish and my baseless threats of libel tort response at google giant have (so far!) been met with little tre bein response.

You have my eteranl servitude in anticipation kind sir (s).
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

In this article we learn that Andrew Scoppa is allegedly in bad terms with Stefano Sollecito and the murder of Ovadia could be a warning.

Le mafioso liquidé en quelques secondes

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/0 ... -dovadia-1
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

Laurentian wrote:In this article we learn that Andrew Scoppa is allegedly in bad terms with Stefano Sollecito and the murder of Ovadia could be a warning.

Le mafioso liquidé en quelques secondes

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/0 ... -dovadia-1
Unfortunately not accessible.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Here you go Lupara, I translated it for you.

The mafioso liquidated in a few seconds

Lurking in the parking lot of a small shopping center on Samson Boulevard, the shooter waited for his target to get into his vehicle before firing.
At least three shots hit Steve "The Jew" Ovadia's SUV, one of which hit him deadly in the head. The victim was considered a long-time associate of Andrew Scoppa, a clan leader of the Montreal mafia, according to our Investigation Bureau. Near the Jeep Grand Cherokee of the victim, a pool of blood has spread. The suspect quickly fled into a car driven by an accomplice who was following him on the boulevard at around 20:10. The whole took less than 40 seconds according to a surveillance video consulted by Le Journal."A job well done, pros," commented a police source. Several residents in the area told the Journal that the victim's SUV was "often" in this parking lot.

The Sûreté du Québec (SQ), which conducts the investigation because of links with organized crime, was still trying to locate the sedan of a certain age, gray or blue. The investigators met with several witnesses of the event and reviewed the images of several surveillance cameras of adjacent buildings. The settlement of accounts theory was favored by the police. There were no arrests on Thursday at the end of the day. According to our sources, this murder would have nothing to do with the attempted murder of John McKenzie, a usurious lender linked to the Western Gang, earlier this week, also in Laval. However, Andrew Scoppa would be in cold with another important clan leader, Stefano Sollecito. The murder of Steve Ovadia could serve as a warning. Ovadia was also well known to underworld and police. In September 2016, the police had arrested him during a search carried out at his home as part of an anti-mafia operation.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Thanks mate!
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Funeral of Ovadia to be held tomorrow.

Here is a link to Ovalia'as obituary.

https://www.paperman.com/en/funerals/20 ... eve-ovadia
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

WAR GAMES ACROSS THE BORDER: BUSY WEEK IN CANADIAN MOB AFFAIRS AS TRIO OF SHOOTINGS ROCK UNDERWORLD

Scott Burnstein

The unrest in the Canadian underworld continues. There were three mob-related shootings in the past week across the border, two resulting in fatalities. For the past decade, crime syndicates in Montreal and Toronto have been under siege by upheaval in the country’s first family of the mafia, the Rizzuto clan out of Quebec, a series of intertwined conflicts that has accounted for a spate of gangland slayings now numbered in the hundreds.

Last Tuesday, Montreal Irish mob lieutenant John McKenzie survived an attempt on his life outside a suburban gym in a Laval strip mall. Montreal Italian mobster Steve (Stevie the Jew) Ovadia wasn’t so lucky the following day, as he was shot dead leaving a Laval eatery Tuesday. On Friday, Toronto wiseguy Cosimo E. Commisso, the 33-year old cousin of Ontario mob boss Cosimo (The Quail) Commisso, was killed alongside a female companion in front of his home.

The Commisso clan are at the forefront of the Canadian Calabrian mafia. Calabria is a region of southern Italy. The Quail is one of the country’s most powerful crime lords. For the past few years, the Commissos have been feuding with a gang known as the Wolfpack Alliance. In 2016, the younger Commisso (seen in the photo above) butted heads with Wolfpack Alliance affiliate Anastasios Leventis, having just landed in Toronto from Montreal where he had been sent by the Rizzuto syndicate to collect outstanding debts. Leventis was killed in January 2017.

The 48-year old McKenzie is a loanshark in the West End Gang, Montreal’s de-facto Irish mafia. McKenzie was best friends with slain West End Ganger Richard (Slick) Griffin, the organization’s liaison to the Rizzuto crime family until he was killed in July 2006 over a dispute involving a gambling debt. According to police sources, McKenzie assumed ownership in two local taverns from debtors who owed him money from juice loans.

Ovadia, 45, was an associate of current Rizzuto regime leaders Leonardo Rizzuto and Stephen (Little Sauce) Sollecito. Longtime Montreal Godfather Vito Rizzuto, Leonardo’s dad, died in December 2013, his mob family and blood family in tatters after a war erupted upon his incarceration in the United States in the 2000s for the infamous “Three Capos” murders in New York back in the 1980s.

The tensions haven’t ceased in the five years since the elderly Rizzuto passed away, allegedly from an aggressive bout of cancer. Rizzuto walked from Colorado federal prison sentence in 2012, returning to Canada and seeking to avenge the betrayal of a laundry list of loyalists-turned-enemies.

Police observed Ovadia meeting with Leonardo Rizzuto and Little Sauce Sollecito and a 24-year old drug dealer named Mario Campellone in September 2015. Three days later, Campellone popped up dead. Rizzuto is reputed to have grabbed the reins of the Montreal mafia from his father. Sollecito is alleged to be his underboss. The mob war that has engulfed Canada in the last nine years took the lives of Rizzuto’s brother and grandfather and Sollecito’s dad.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Not sure how old that article is but was interested if anyone knows more about the Wolfpack Alliance that is mentioned?
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:03 pm Not sure how old that article is but was interested if anyone knows more about the Wolfpack Alliance that is mentioned?
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/0 ... death.html
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....