Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Post by gohnjotti »

I won't speak on the validity of Scott's articles because I have no knowledge on the situation either way. Obviously a lot of these things sound like cheap plotlines for a Tulsa King-esque show, but Scott could be dead on the money. I was seemingly wrong about Buffalo so I won't put my foot in my mouth again.

But I would urge Scott, since he's charging his subscribers for these articles, to stop re-formatting the same information over and over again for each article. For example, that Badalamenti article was practically the same as his other articles about this subject with the only new information being that Badalamenti was "animated" at a meeting and Indelicato isn't happy. I understand Scott needs to give context on the subject, but I don't think the people paying for this content need to be re-served the same backstory with a couple of new tidbits of "sources say" information.

I don't mean to come off as a dick, but I think Scott's content would be much better-received if he spent more time on each article rather than trying to be the first to cover it.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:00 pm I won't speak on the validity of Scott's articles because I have no knowledge on the situation either way. Obviously a lot of these things sound like cheap plotlines for a Tulsa King-esque show, but Scott could be dead on the money. I was seemingly wrong about Buffalo so I won't put my foot in my mouth again.

But I would urge Scott, since he's charging his subscribers for these articles, to stop re-formatting the same information over and over again for each article. For example, that Badalamenti article was practically the same as his other articles about this subject with the only new information being that Badalamenti was "animated" at a meeting and Indelicato isn't happy. I understand Scott needs to give context on the subject, but I don't think the people paying for this content need to be re-served the same backstory with a couple of new tidbits of "sources say" information.

I don't mean to come off as a dick, but I think Scott's content would be much better-received if he spent more time on each article rather than trying to be the first to cover it.
As the guy coughing up cash for this stuff I'm conflicted. It's weird seeing the copy-paste job, but I get that there might be people who are more casual and only read the articles intermittently, so they need the context. But would the kind of people who are willing to pay money for "Gangster Report" be the kind of people who would miss anything in the first place?

I think from now on I might just post the new stuff and edit out the recycled bits (because I am a great guy) as I'm pretty sure anyone already on "The Black Hand Mafia Forum" probably doesn't need the nonstop firehose of background info reminders.
Last edited by Ivan on Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Per sources
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

TommyGambino wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:16 pm Per sources
exclusive Gangster Report sources in both the underworld and in law enforcement
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Ivan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:15 pm But would the kind of people who are willing to pay money for "Gangster Report" be the kind of people who would miss anything in the first place?
My point exactly. It's like he's trying to hit a word count for a school paper.

Scott, if you're reading this: Instead of having most of the article as re-formatted background information, you could have a link at the topic of each new article (regarding this Bonanno situation) to earlier articles that bring new readers up to speed.

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ivan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:15 pm I think from now on I might just post the new stuff and edit out the recycled bits (because I am a great guy) as I'm pretty sure anyone already on "The Black Hand Mafia Forum" probably doesn't need the nonstop firehose of background info reminders.
That'd be awesome. The last "article" was a literal cut n paste job.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:47 pm
Ivan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:15 pm I think from now on I might just post the new stuff and edit out the recycled bits (because I am a great guy) as I'm pretty sure anyone already on "The Black Hand Mafia Forum" probably doesn't need the nonstop firehose of background info reminders.
That'd be awesome. The last "article" was a literal cut n paste job.
Indeed Ivan that would be a service to the forum.

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

He does that in his podcast too. The most recent one with Gary Jenkins. I felt like Jenkins had so much more to say on current day stuff in KC but SB just interrupts to "let the audience know the back story" and then before you know it the shows over. Everytime Cammisano names comes on Scott has to bring up the Reid hit and the golfing trip they went on
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Think I might also edit out the "ever-popular and notoriously-stylish Merlino" type descriptors when they occur just on general principles.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:42 pm
Ivan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:15 pm But would the kind of people who are willing to pay money for "Gangster Report" be the kind of people who would miss anything in the first place?

Scott, if you're reading this: Instead of having most of the article as re-formatted background information, you could have a link at the topic of each new article (regarding this Bonanno situation) to earlier articles that bring new readers up to speed.
This is what he's done in his Detroit articles for years. Given that there's so little to write about modern-day Detroit, the only way to have a a full-length article on it is to fill two-thirds of it with rehashed info or ancient history.
All roads lead to New York.
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:37 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:42 pm

This is what he's done in his Detroit articles for years. Given that there's so little to write about modern-day Detroit, the only way to have a a full-length article on it is to fill two-thirds of it with rehashed info or ancient history.
Same for anything he ever wrote about New England...all historical fluff...all hail Allan May and the real academics, many on this board!
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Kinda hoo merr us that a week ago there was a Scott is Awesome thread.... a week later it's hysterical funeral party parlance, and UB's wearing motivational t-shirts.

Swings n roundabouts eh.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

BUSSSSTEEEEED!

No more articles from me fellas; I'll spare you the details, but I just got got. :lol:

I guess I could just mention the main points, but no more copy-paste of the articles themselves.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Ivan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:18 pm BUSSSSTEEEEED!

No more articles from me fellas; I'll spare you the details, but I just got got. :lol:

I guess I could just mention the main points, but no more copy-paste of the articles themselves.
I'll get my lawyer to call your lawyer?

If it helps next article was Christmas socks, and we're out of season, so you got time girl.

Just post what you can, if you can't, we've enjoyed the laughs ;)
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:18 pm BUSSSSTEEEEED!

Did you get a "cease and desist" letter from Scott's attorney?
All roads lead to New York.