John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by Cheech »

All the info kinda comes from Gravano. Is it possible sammy wasnt aware of the buddy angle?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyPRY37Lgoo

Quick new sitdownnews vid.

Runs through the 'Brooklyn' crew, its members.

Georgie Neck's uncle Vincent Zappola was a member.
Was this known?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:30 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyPRY37Lgoo

Was this known?
Yes it was known. After Georgie Necks father was killed Georgie and his Uncle were released from the Genovese family and eventually made into the Lucchese family. JD wrote about it in his bio on Georgie Rush Zappola.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Surprised how small the crew was
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

As with Jimmy Calandra, Pennisi has nothing new to say. All of these mobtube informants are dying out.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:37 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:30 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyPRY37Lgoo

Was this known?
Yes it was known. After Georgie Necks father was killed Georgie and his Uncle were released from the Genovese family and eventually made into the Lucchese family. JD wrote about it in his bio on Georgie Rush Zappola.
Cheers dude. Off to find.
Wonder what the guy waas involved in. His crew history, bio etc.
Again, thanks and have a good one. Appreciated.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:29 pm Surprised how small the crew was
7 guys. Small crew.

You think avg is 35?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

outfit guy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:15 pm As with Jimmy Calandra, Pennisi has nothing new to say. All of these mobtube informants are dying out.
Why would you think he has inside info every week?

You know he flipped right.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Some people here go to the same restaurant every Saturday night. And bitch about the food.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

There were several other members who were officially assigned to Castellucci but refused to answer to him. Many of these members were reassigned when DeSantis became acting boss. I've pieced together this list of members Pennisi has mentioned being part of the crew during his time on the street:

Captain: John Castellucci
- John Baudanza
- Anthony Castelle
- Eugene Castelle
- John Cerrella
- George Conte
- Salvatore Cutaia
- Michael DeSantis
- Joseph DiBenedetto
- James Galione
- Scott Gervasi
- Frank Giacobbe
- Anthony Guzzo
- Frank Papagni
- John Pennisi
- John Perna
- Joseph M Perna
- Ralph Perna
- Carlo Profeta
- Daniel Rizzo (died 2015)
- George Zappola
- Vincent Zappola

John Perna and Ralph Perna were briefly transferred to the Castellucci crew as 'punishment' because of internal disputes in the New Jersey crew. They got sent back to the NJ decina after a while, but then Joseph Perna was transferred to Castellucci.

Michael DeSantis was transferred to Castellucci after writing 'a letter of resignation' to Carmine Avellino, who he was assigned to before. DeSantis was then elevated to acting boss in early 2017.

At least John Baudanza, James Galione, Frank Papagni, Carlo Profeta, and George Zappola refused to answer to Castellucci and were unhappy about officially being assigned to him. They got transferred out of the crew after DeSantis became acting boss. Zappola, who would have become acting boss instead of DeSantis if he hadn't been on paper at the time, went to the New Jersey crew, for instance. Profeta was going to be assigned to the new crew formed for Patrick Dellorusso.

After so many guys were taken away from Castellucci, to placate him he was given his brothers. Anthony Castelle had been under Joseph DeSena before being transferred. Eugene Castelle had been under Anthony Santorelli.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

im really finding it hard to believe big john was as incompetent as JP makes him out to be.There are so many heavy hitters in that crew but yet big john was chosen captain.Even if his relationship with Joe napoli was as strong as it was i dont think that was enough to give a captains position for so long
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:20 am
7 guys. Small crew.

You think avg is 35?
No, but a lot of Brooklyn members in the family.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:22 am
There were several other members who were officially assigned to Castellucci but refused to answer to him. Many of these members were reassigned when DeSantis became acting boss. I've pieced together this list of members Pennisi has mentioned being part of the crew during his time on the street:

Captain: John Castellucci
- John Baudanza
- Anthony Castelle
- Eugene Castelle
- John Cerrella
- George Conte
- Salvatore Cutaia
- Michael DeSantis
- Joseph DiBenedetto
- James Galione
- Scott Gervasi
- Frank Giacobbe
- Anthony Guzzo
- Frank Papagni
- John Pennisi
- John Perna
- Joseph M Perna
- Ralph Perna
- Carlo Profeta
- Daniel Rizzo (died 2015)
- George Zappola
- Vincent Zappola

John Perna and Ralph Perna were briefly transferred to the Castellucci crew as 'punishment' because of internal disputes in the New Jersey crew. They got sent back to the NJ decina after a while, but then Joseph Perna was transferred to Castellucci.

Michael DeSantis was transferred to Castellucci after writing 'a letter of resignation' to Carmine Avellino, who he was assigned to before. DeSantis was then elevated to acting boss in early 2017.

At least John Baudanza, James Galione, Frank Papagni, Carlo Profeta, and George Zappola refused to answer to Castellucci and were unhappy about officially being assigned to him. They got transferred out of the crew after DeSantis became acting boss. Zappola, who would have become acting boss instead of DeSantis if he hadn't been on paper at the time, went to the New Jersey crew, for instance. Profeta was going to be assigned to the new crew formed for Patrick Dellorusso.

After so many guys were taken away from Castellucci, to placate him he was given his brothers. Anthony Castelle had been under Joseph DeSena before being transferred. Eugene Castelle had been under Anthony Santorelli.
Thanks for the breakdown chin
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

bluehouse wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:37 am im really finding it hard to believe big john was as incompetent as JP makes him out to be.There are so many heavy hitters in that crew but yet big john was chosen captain.Even if his relationship with Joe napoli was as strong as it was i dont think that was enough to give a captains position for so long
Agree.

Castelluci was the one who spread the rumor about John turning rat, cheat with his girl IIRC.

Of course he's going to be bitter.

I remember reading an article by Capeci years and years ago stating Big John was a powerful capo.

I'm not saying he's the greatest out there, just agreeing that Pennisi's view of him is likely colored.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:54 pm
bluehouse wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:37 am im really finding it hard to believe big john was as incompetent as JP makes him out to be.There are so many heavy hitters in that crew but yet big john was chosen captain.Even if his relationship with Joe napoli was as strong as it was i dont think that was enough to give a captains position for so long
Agree.

Castelluci was the one who spread the rumor about John turning rat, cheat with his girl IIRC.

Of course he's going to be bitter.

I remember reading an article by Capeci years and years ago stating Big John was a powerful capo.

I'm not saying he's the greatest out there, just agreeing that Pennisi's view of him is likely colored.
Appearantly it wasnt that JP was a rat for LE but a rat for the Gambinos.After big john fucked his girlfriend (who knows if thats true) JP started giving all the secrets in his crew to his friends in the gambinos to try to undermine big John and get him taken down from the captains position