General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Dave65827 »

Did Terrence Caldwell have any past gang affiliation before he hooked up with Meldish and The lucchese ?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Anyone has any info or knows about who wanted to kill or opposed Junior Gotti as acting boss in the 90s?
jimmi_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmi_beans8 »

marino corrozzo
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

MSFRD wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:52 pm It was always inevitable with hindsight that the Italian-American Mafia would eventually cease to grow and diminish without the pressure of law enforcement. Without constant migration from the ‘motherland’, the effects of generational assimilation are almost impossible to halt. White America, is obviously European Christian at its core, and over successive generations the Italians have blended in to White America and become part of the status quo.
It‘s not like Italy is at America’s doorstep with hundreds of millions of potential migrants like Latin America ready to continue refreshing the bloodlines and ensuring assimilation is never quite complete for the entire group.
One day not long away, we will be talking about La Cosa Nostra as we talk about the gangs and gunslingers of the Wild West or the Highwaymen of rural England. Something confined to a particular time at a particular place.
That's mostly the case now on the boards.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Shellackhead wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:14 am Anyone has any info or knows about who wanted to kill or opposed Junior Gotti as acting boss in the 90s?

That would' be the Lucchese family. Or at least certain elements of it. They were also plotting to whack Nick Corozzo if I remember right. It was a carry over of the murders of Frank DeCicco, Eddie Lino and Bobby Borriello.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

UTC wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:52 am
MSFRD wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:52 pm It was always inevitable with hindsight that the Italian-American Mafia would eventually cease to grow and diminish without the pressure of law enforcement. Without constant migration from the ‘motherland’, the effects of generational assimilation are almost impossible to halt. White America, is obviously European Christian at its core, and over successive generations the Italians have blended in to White America and become part of the status quo.
It‘s not like Italy is at America’s doorstep with hundreds of millions of potential migrants like Latin America ready to continue refreshing the bloodlines and ensuring assimilation is never quite complete for the entire group.
One day not long away, we will be talking about La Cosa Nostra as we talk about the gangs and gunslingers of the Wild West or the Highwaymen of rural England. Something confined to a particular time at a particular place.
MSFRD you sound like rust cohle on true detective or mattew mcconaughey on a lincoln car commercial.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

The day will come when the Mafia will only be found within the New York metropolitan area.
Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:26 pm
MSFRD you sound like rust cohle on true detective or mattew mcconaughey on a lincoln car commercial.
:lol:
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The Gambino family was the first family and it's going to be the last.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Cosa Nostra is a resilient entity. Their influence will continue to diminish, and they will become a very confined regional criminal organization. One day they will definitely disappear, but I'm confident none of us will be alive to see that day.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Has anyone had any luck contacting prosecutors about their specific cases? Do they usually reply?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

B. wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:44 am The Genovese family was the first family and it's going to be the last.
There, fixed it for you.
eboli wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:41 am Cosa Nostra is a resilient entity. Their influence will continue to diminish, and they will become a very confined regional criminal organization. One day they will definitely disappear, but I'm confident none of us will be alive to see that day.
Considering 85% of the remaining membership is in the New York metropolitan area, that's already the case.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:16 pm Has anyone had any luck contacting prosecutors about their specific cases? Do they usually reply?
I've had success when I asked directly about details from prior cases. Mostly to confirm or deny specific information I was already aware of.
Wiseguy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:45 pm Considering 85% of the remaining membership is in the New York metropolitan area, that's already the case.
It depends how you look at it. I don't consider them to be confined because the Five Families continue to have interests outside the NY Metropolitan area. The extent of their influence is diminished, but they are still considered a nationwide criminal organization by law enforcement, and I suspect they will remain one for the foreseeable future. Even in the organization's heyday, most of the identified made members were from the Northeast, similar to their present day situation.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

eboli wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:33 pmIt depends how you look at it. I don't consider them to be confined because the Five Families continue to have interests outside the NY Metropolitan area. The extent of their influence is diminished, but they are still considered a nationwide criminal organization by law enforcement, and I suspect they will remain one for the foreseeable future. Even in the organization's heyday, most of the identified made members were from the Northeast, similar to their present day situation.
The difference is, in its heyday LCN actually was a nationwide organization; having families and scope coast to coast. The NY families themselves operated far and wide then. Today, I don't think they have any crews based outside New York/New Jersey. Their presence and activity in Springfield, Connecticut and Florida has dropped off considerably. Other than bookmaking networks or a connection to bring to drugs there, there is very little outside the NY metro area today. And by that I mean the 5 NYC boroughs, North suburbs in Westchester, etc., Long Island, and North Jersey.

"The mob is not a national problem." - G. Robert Blakey, 1999
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Anyone have information on Nicky Valvano, the mobster who bit a guy's ear off during a card game? As far as I can tell, he was a soldier in the Gambino family (probably made in the late seventies) who ran a drug trafficking operation in New Jersey and died in 1999.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
MSFRD
Straightened out

Post by MSFRD »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:26 pm
Ahhh I’m in Australia, I don’t know if that is a cheeky compliment or something derogative :)