General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:51 pm I remember that reader story, did not remember the Pacella connection though. Ill have to dig around, i believe i saved the photo of him and his dad with Johnny Apes somewhere.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

That's Billy's brother with his arm around Shorty - Joe "Popeye" Pacella - another fixture at ONIAC back in the day and I think he was probably a full member of LaMantia's crew.

Billy's brother Raymond Pacella was married to the mother of Rocco LaMantia's wife - there is a lot of familial relationships in that neighborhood.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:06 am there is a lot of familial relationships in that neighborhood.
Indeed. Going back to the Vincis marrying with the Moricis.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

I just saw that photo on Reddit - also this YouTube clip of Toots Caruso giving an interview around the Leonard Clark trial - Dominic DiFrisco was their PR guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsfO9RVYkSU
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

The Galiotos were involved in the 90s with a movie studio I remember. They got a bunch of money from Daley to open a movie studio. It got shut down after it hit the news. Here’s a article from 5 years ago that talks about them. Does anyone know if they are connected at all to the new movie studios in Chicago?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... utType=amp
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:40 am The Galiotos were involved in the 90s with a movie studio I remember. They got a bunch of money from Daley to open a movie studio. It got shut down after it hit the news. Here’s a article from 5 years ago that talks about them. Does anyone know if they are connected at all to the new movie studios in Chicago?

Sam Galioto died a few years ago. I do not think they are connected to the current studios but the Outfit dominates all of the movie productions today - and that really began in the 90s - I think the Galioto's were just trying to grab a piece. Most of what William Galioto was doing was for Jimmy Marcello.

Anne Galioto was the owner on paper of Allstar Gentleman's Club that burned down in 2010 and was also suspicious. She is the sister of Jimmy, wife of William Galioto.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:05 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:40 am The Galiotos were involved in the 90s with a movie studio I remember. They got a bunch of money from Daley to open a movie studio. It got shut down after it hit the news. Here’s a article from 5 years ago that talks about them. Does anyone know if they are connected at all to the new movie studios in Chicago?

Sam Galioto died a few years ago. I do not think they are connected to the current studios but the Outfit dominates all of the movie productions today - and that really began in the 90s - I think the Galioto's were just trying to grab a piece. Most of what William Galioto was doing was for Jimmy Marcello.

Anne Galioto was the owner on paper of Allstar Gentleman's Club that burned down in 2010 and was also suspicious. She is the sister of Jimmy, wife of William Galioto.
Was that the place over by the airport?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Cinespace was recently sold to a private equity firm for around $1 billion. John Credidio of Chicago Studio City died a few years ago.
All roads lead to New York.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Snakes wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:35 am
funkster wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:51 pm I remember that reader story, did not remember the Pacella connection though. Ill have to dig around, i believe i saved the photo of him and his dad with Johnny Apes somewhere.
Is that Johnny Apes on the top right?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

InCamelot wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:45 am
Yes. Joe LaMantia is also on the bottom right.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Snakes wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:45 pm
I always pictured him in the glasses.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:15 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:05 pm

Was that the place over by the airport?
Allstars was close to the airport. It was on Grand Ave west of Mannheim going towards Bensenville. I went there a couple of times. Didn’t like the setup. Heavenly Bodies is also close to the airport and liked that place more. That place has its own Outfit connections
Last edited by Patrickgold on Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

InCamelot wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:16 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:45 pm
I always pictured him in the glasses.
Johnny Apes is top left in red shirt
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Not sure how serious to take this guy but there is a book and documentary coming out about his life in the 12th street players gang in Cicero. He recently posted this on his Facebook.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:47 am Not sure how serious to take this guy but there is a book and documentary coming out about his life in the 12th street players gang in Cicero. He recently posted this on his Facebook.
SolarSolano finally decided to write his own book huh?
All roads lead to New York.