General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by calabrianwatch »

He was sentenced in 2017 to 21 years then in 2019 confirmed 18 on top of the ones he was serving. Confirmed by the court of cassation in 2020 - for now the tribunal of freedom still considers him to be at flight risk so even if he ever gets on house arrests for age he won’t be allowed back to Canada
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

I thought the Italians couldnt bring more charges against Alfonso as it violated the extradition agreement with canada?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Again I can't find anything that goes into details about what happened. Every article that does come up is almost word for word the same. It looks like Italy dismissed his appeal in 2020 and he'll have to serve the extra 18.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2020/1 ... tence.html
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Found a 2014 Adrian Humphreys article regarding the extradition

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/le ... aly-prison

initially the new charges were dismissed, but the Italian state had until 2021 to bring those charges back. Caruana's lawyer states they would have to pursue a second extradition, so I'm guessing this is what happened.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

eboli wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:57 am Anybody knows what family these guys are linked with, if at all?

https://www.newsday.com/amp/long-island ... 1.36605128
Mario Garofalo, the company's owner, is the son of Vincent Garofalo. Vincent Garofalo was a Colombo associate who was involved in waste management. The company, V. Garofalo Carting, was also known as Garofalo & Sons.
Sorry if this has been addressed before but naturally I ask, is there a relation to Eddie Garofalo? Both being Colombos, Eddie being involved in trucking and Vincent being involved in carting.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:23 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:57 am Anybody knows what family these guys are linked with, if at all?

Mario Garofalo, the company's owner, is the son of Vincent Garofalo. Vincent Garofalo was a Colombo associate who was involved in waste management. The company, V. Garofalo Carting, was also known as Garofalo & Sons.
Sorry if this has been addressed before but naturally I ask, is there a relation to Eddie Garofalo? Both being Colombos, Eddie being involved in trucking and Vincent being involved in carting.
There might be, I haven't really looked into it. If there's a patrilineal connection, it will be at least three generations back. Vincent Garofalo had an older brother, Angelo, who was identified as a Colombo associate in The Snake's crew before he became boss. He was also associated with Andy Mush in a few businesses. The two brothers had half a dozen carting companies in Long Island. They were originally from the Henry Street's section in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn. Angelo died young because he was morbidly obese, and his brother Vincent inherited his businesses. In the newsday article Mario Garofalo is Vincent's son, while the other guy identified as his cousin is Angelo's son. V. Garofalo Carting was viewed as mob company pretty much for its entire 60+ year run.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

eboli wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:15 am
gohnjotti wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:23 pm

There might be, I haven't really looked into it. If there's a patrilineal connection, it will be at least three generations back. Vincent Garofalo had an older brother, Angelo, who was identified as a Colombo associate in The Snake's crew before he became boss. He was also associated with Andy Mush in a few businesses. The two brothers had half a dozen carting companies in Long Island. They were originally from the Henry Street's section in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn. Angelo died young because he was morbidly obese, and his brother Vincent inherited his businesses. In the newsday article Mario Garofalo is Vincent's son, while the other guy identified as his cousin is Angelo's son. V. Garofalo Carting was viewed as mob company pretty much for its entire 60+ year run.
Thanks eboli.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Can anyone tell me who was the "Sicilian veteran mobster who arrived at Pearson International on October 10th, 2006 and was arrested on an Interpol Red Notice"? As mentioned in the book Business Or Blood pg. 117.
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

When was Milwaukee no longer considered a viable family? How big was the family at its peak and what was the main reaso. For its decline?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

OcSleeper wrote:Can anyone tell me who was the "Sicilian veteran mobster who arrived at Pearson International on October 10th, 2006 and was arrested on an Interpol Red Notice"? As mentioned in the book Business Or Blood pg. 117.
I have no idea, but you might recall the article Adrian Humphreys wrote almost 10 years ago about the Joe Ferraro who was entangled in a beef with the Caruana-Cuntrera group in the GTA — see link below to the article, which may provide some clues that could be followed up:

https://news.nationalpost.com/news/cana ... land-alive

Same hitman or not? Again, I don’t know.

Belgium is one country to which people born in Siculiana immigrated.

In Canada, there are some cities that have pockets of people who have ancestry from Siculiana. Montreal and the GTA have large communities of such individuals. Windsor has such a community too but is not as large.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Rat wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:20 pm When was Milwaukee no longer considered a viable family? How big was the family at its peak and what was the main reaso. For its decline?

I believe their membership topped out in the 30s range. The FBI still recognized them in 1987 and 1992. They weren't recognized in 2006. For their decline I would say it was generational attrition more than anything else just like what killed off most of the small families. Attrition bleeped along with the occasional prosecution.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

antimafia wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:46 am I have no idea, but you might recall the article Adrian Humphreys wrote almost 10 years ago about the Joe Ferraro who was entangled in a beef with the Caruana-Cuntrera group in the GTA — see link below to the article, which may provide some clues that could be followed up
Your link doesn't seem to work for me but I Beleive I found the same article. It is interesting, does seem oddly similar. I went back into the book to see how they described the guy and they did say he was a Belgian citizen. But in the article it looks like the guys arrival was in 2009 (unless I misread) and that he was sent back to Belgium. In the boom they said they arrested him because of the Interpol Red Notice and this was 2006.

I'll look into this more though because it does seem like it's the same person.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Please let me know whether the following link works for you (and others)?

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ho ... land-alive
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

It worked this time. That was the article I found and figured you were trying to show me anyways. Thanks for all this, hopefully today I can find out who this mobster was
cevreman
Prospect

Post by cevreman »

When was the last time John gotti was free?Is it December 11,1990?Do you have a clean picture of the inside of Ravenite?Except this https://i.pinimg.com/474x/fa/13/b7/fa13 ... 489679.jpg
and ravenite was closed in 1997 am ı right?