5 Family Crew Succession

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: 5 Family Crew Succession

Post by gohnjotti »

As it turns out, Ralph Lombardo was promoted to capo post-2011 indictment. Meaning that he was demoted sometime in the 2000s, presumably around the time of his imprisonment, and elevated back to capo after 2011 indictment.

Conversation from mid-to-late 2011 between Reynold Maragni (RM) and Thomas Farese (TF)
RM: A lot of guys are bitter up there. A lot of guys are mad, a lot of guys are bitter. I’m getting together with Ralphie Lombardi. I’m trying to get together with Ralphie Lombardi and I want to see Frankie the Bug. Right now they’re looking -
TF: Ralphie Lombardi’s still alive?
RM: Yeah, Ralphie Lombardi just got elevated.
TF: Charlie died.
RM: Yeah, Charlie died. Ralphie Lombardi just got elevated to caporegime. And I want to see him.

I have a feeling that the capos that attended the 2010 captains meetings were the only capos in the family. That means;
/Paul 'Paulie Guns' Bevacqua (Acting Capo) (Long Island & Brooklyn)
Joseph "Junior Lollipops" Carna (Brooklyn)
Dennis "Fat/Little/The Beard" DeLucia (Long Island)
Reynold "Ren" Maragni (Florida)
Theodore "Teddy/Skinny" Persico Jr (IP)/Anthony Russo (Acting Capo) (Brooklyn)
William 'Billy' Russo (Brooklyn & Long Island)
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

What a small family the Colombos are. The family must’ve been devastated after mafia takedown day. The feds basically arrested the whole family.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

It’s only one crew less than the lucchese family if this is the case, not much, plus could have a slightly higher ratio of solider per crew
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:58 am As it turns out, Ralph Lombardo was promoted to capo post-2011 indictment. Meaning that he was demoted sometime in the 2000s, presumably around the time of his imprisonment, and elevated back to capo after 2011 indictment.

Conversation from mid-to-late 2011 between Reynold Maragni (RM) and Thomas Farese (TF)
RM: A lot of guys are bitter up there. A lot of guys are mad, a lot of guys are bitter. I’m getting together with Ralphie Lombardi. I’m trying to get together with Ralphie Lombardi and I want to see Frankie the Bug. Right now they’re looking -
RM: Yeah, Charlie died. Ralphie Lombardi just got elevated to caporegime. And I want to see him.

I have a feeling that the capos that attended the 2010 captains meetings were the only capos in the family. That means;

Another great find Gohn. I wonder who the Charlie who died around 2011 is? If it is a made member then it must be Charles Lombardo.

Another crew during this period was the Castellazo-Castagno Crew. They must have been represented by Castellazzo himself during those meeting. So after the busts and defections the Marangi, Carna and possibly the Bevacqua and Persico Crews were disbanded. Ralph Lombardo was promoted again. Joseph Amato could have been promoted again if he wasn't a Capo already.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:58 am As it turns out, Ralph Lombardo was promoted to capo post-2011 indictment. Meaning that he was demoted sometime in the 2000s, presumably around the time of his imprisonment, and elevated back to capo after 2011 indictment.

inresting and he as Dimatteo acting for him

here is what maragini testified to

1 Q Following your meeting on November 18 2011, did you set
2 up another meeting with Vincent Manzo, Sr.?
3 A Yes.
4 Q For when?
5 A I believe it was the day before Thanksgiving.
6 Q What was the purpose of that meeting?
7 A I was to introduce Vincent Manzo to Luca DiMatteo.
8 Q What position did you hold at that point in the Colombo
9 Family?
10 A I was -- at that point, I was a soldier.
11 Q You previously testified that you had been a captain?
12 A Yes.
13 Q How did you become a soldier after you were previously a
14 captain?
15 A I was relieved of that position because they claimed they
16 were going to break up my regime and all the guys that were in
17 my regime were going to go back to their original respective
18 captains.
19 Q And what position did Luca -- by the way, who are you
20 referring to when you said Luca?
21 A Luca DiMatteo.
22 Q What position did Luca DiMatteo hold at that time?
23 A He was acting captain.
24 Q When you say "acting captain," what do you mean by that?
25 A He was acting captain for Ralph Lombardo.

1 Q Why might someone be an acting captain as opposed to an
2 official captain?
3 A Well, he's probably helping -- he can help out a
4 captain, because maybe the guy's got ill health or a lot of
5 heat is on the guy and he can't get around and do his job.
6 So, he appoints somebody to function for him.
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Spot on Stroccos, it appears Lombardo and DiMatteo were given crew members from the broken up Gioeli crew and the broken up Florida crew. DiMatteo also has strong ties to the Skinny Teddy crew through Ambrogio Fabbro and others involved in his illegal gambling club located on Avenue T.

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:43 am

Another great find Gohn. I wonder who the Charlie who died around 2011 is? If it is a made member then it must be Charles Lombardo.

Another crew during this period was the Castellazo-Castagno Crew. They must have been represented by Castellazzo himself during those meeting. So after the busts and defections the Marangi, Carna and possibly the Bevacqua and Persico Crews were disbanded. Ralph Lombardo was promoted again. Joseph Amato could have been promoted again if he wasn't a Capo already.

Pogo
It's possible that Amato was a capo during this timeframe and simply did not attend the meetings because of his strict post-prison supervised release conditions. But if so, why was he promoted so fast? He was released from prison in 2009 after serving sixteen years for racketeering, and to top it off, he was a loyal supporter of Vic Orena during the conflict?.
Also, Amato's right-hand-man and former crew member John Cerbone did not become "on-record" with Amato until after 2012. I imagine that 2012 is the timeframe that Amato became a capo, given that it was just as his supervised release ended.

So what is Amato the capo of?
- We know his one known crew member is John Cerbone, and court documents received by yours truly explicitly state that Cerbone was "on-record" with Brooklyn-based capo Joseph 'Junior Lollipops' Carna (Gioeli crew) until the latter's death in 2012. But it would be a big leap to say that Amato took over the Carna/Gioeli crew, considering Cerbone was a crew member of Amato's in the 1990s and it's likely Cerbone's shift to the Amato crew came courtesy of that.
- Testimony from Giovanni Floridia (a close friend of Cerbone and an associate of the William Cutolo crew) alleges that Joseph Amato's crew was taken over by William Cutolo in the 1990s after Amato was convicted, and Cutolo was acquitted, of racketeering. I'd have to double check the records, but I remember either Floridia or an FBI report entered into evidence which said Joseph Campanella had been claimed that he had been in contact with Joseph Amato from prison and Amato was seeking to re-assert control over his own crew using Campanella as an acting capo - or something along those lines. Apparently William Cutolo Jr. was the one who spread this rumor to Jackie DeRoss, and subsequently caught DeRoss on tape badmouthing Campanella (the evidence was subsequently used in DeRoss' attempted murder prosecution). The reason I put underlined claimed is because William Cutolo Jr. was the one who reported this to DeRoss, and Jerry Capeci has said Cutolo Jr. purposely sowed dissent between DeRoss and his crew members for the benefit of the FBI. And even if Campanella really did say he had been in contact with Amato, the tapes suggest that neither DeRoss nor Cutolo Jr. believed Campanella's claim.
- Gang Land News, in 2017, labelled him the "boss" of Staten Island. Does that mean he is in control of all the S.I.-based soldiers, similar to how Reynold Maragni sought to be in control of all the family's Florida-based soldiers? Probably not, because it becomes very difficult to differentiate between S.I.-based soldiers and Brooklyn-based soldiers, considering many operate in both regions and some live on S.I. but operate mainly in Brooklyn.
- With that being said, we know that the Cutolo/DeRoss crew had significant operations in Staten Island, more so than other recent crews. If I had to guess who the family's "Staten Island"-based soldiers were, I would probably end up including a lot of Cutolo guys.
- We know that Colombo associate Anthony Preza became an "on-record" associate of Amato's following his assault by Bonanno capo Joseph Sabella. Preza was formerly an associate of Theodore Persico Jr., Thomas Petrizzo, and Michael Persico. I would hesitate to say that Preza's previous association points to a link between the Persico Jr. and Amato crews, because Gang Land News seemed to indicate (in my opinion) that Preza was seeking protection from Amato simply because Amato was the "Staten Island boss of the Colombo family" and Sabella was a Staten Island-based Bonanno capo.

Sorry for rambling a bit. Essentially, we know that Amato has probably taken over his old crew from the 1990s, which was subsequently taken over by William Cutolo/John DeRoss. I would like to see a complete breakdown of what we know about what happened to the Cutolo crew, and where certain members ended up. Maybe that warrants its own thread.

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

This is the crew succession gleaned from Joseph Campanella's court testimony. I should note that I have no timeframe for when DeMartino or Capichano were acting captains, as they were only identified as such in court exhibits, not Campanella's actual court testimony. As it happens, Cutolo was promoted directly to underboss when Persico became acting boss, with DeRoss becoming Cutolo's crew's captains. The reason this may be confusing is because the crew continued to meet with Cutolo every Wednesday night and Saturday afternoon, making it appear from the outside as if Cutolo was still their nominal captain.

Cutolo Crew:
William “Wild Bill” Cutolo (1980s-1994) Demoted.
-Joseph “Joe Campy” Campanella (1993-1994) Demoted.
Alphonse "Little Allie Boy" Persico (1994-1996) Promoted to Acting Boss.
John "Jackie" DeRoss (1996-1999) Promoted to Acting Underboss (Later made official?)
-Richard "the Jeweler" Capichano (???-???)
-Vincent "Chickie" DeMartino (???-???)
-Joseph Baudanza (2001-2002) Promoted to Official/Crew merged with Baudanza's other Crew.

Baudanza Crew:
Joseph Scopo (19??-1993) Murdered
Joseph Baudanza (1993-2006) Promoted to Ruling Panel in '03, Imprisoned in '06.
-Crew possibly represented by the Castellazzo/Cacace crews, given the longstanding associations.
Joseph "Joey" Amato (2012?-Present)
(Longtime Amato associate John "Johnny Brains" Cerbone was tape-recorded saying that following the 2012 death of captain Joseph "Junior Lollipops" Carna, he was assigned to the crew of Joseph Amato, who was himself released from prison in 2009 after serving 16 years for racketeering and murder conspiracy).

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Good job with the research.

I still wish we could get some up to date info on the crew numbers/geography for the other families like Pennisi gave for the Luccheses.
All roads lead to New York.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon May 25, 2015 6:25 pm Genovese Family

Terranova-Coppola-Lombardo-Bellomo Crew:
Ciro “The Artichoke King” Terranova (1920s-1932) Demoted.
Michael “Trigger Mike” Coppola (1932-1966) Died.
-Benjamin “Benny the Bum” DeMartino (1960s)
-Philip “Benny Squint” Lombardo (1960s-1967/8) Became Official Capo.
Philip “Benny Squint” Lombardo (1966- 1975) Stepped Down.
?Giuseppe "Pepe" Sabato (Late 1970s)
-Anthony “Buckaloo" Ferro (1975-1977) Stepped Down.
Joseph “Joe Stretch" Stracci (1977-19??)
Ralph “Farby” Serpico (19??-19??)
Saverio “Sammy” Santora (19??-1986) Became UnderBoss.
Liborio “Barney” Bellomo (1986-201?) Became Acting Boss/Imprisoned/Became Official Boss.
-Ralph Coppola (1990-1998) Killed.
-Frank “Farby” Serpico (1998-2001) Imprisoned.
-Also served as Acting Boss.
-Ernest Muscarella (1998-2002) Imprisoned.
-Louis Moscatiello (2002-2003) Imprisoned.
-Arthur "Artie" Nigro (2003-2007) Imprisoned.
Pasquale “Patty Boy” Falcetti (20??-Present)
HELLO to Pogo!

I'd like to ask if there's anything official like from the government that states in print that barney bellomo was the acting captain of 116 at any time?

The perception on the street in the 1950s-'60s for what that is worth was that pepe sabato was in the Adonis crew with jimmy nap, saro, clementi, schipani, them guys on the west side docks and jersey. Never ever heard of pepe being part of the harlem outfit. If this is fed info talk about being way the fuck off. The public I mean, not yous. The whole front boss plan was going on even then and nobody realized.

Doto-Alo Crew:
Joseph "Joe Adonis" Doto (1928-1955) Deported.
Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo (1955-1970s)
-Gerard Laietta (1960s)
John Buonorado (1970s)
-In the (Late 70s/early 80s) this Crew was split between Alo, Lawrence “Larry Black” Centore, Gaetano "Mimi" Martino and possibly others.
Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo (1970s- Late 1980s) Retired.
Guiseppe "Joe" Spinelli (Late 1980s-????)
-Not sure what became of this Crew.
Joe Schipanni does'nt come up on any govt. Files for this crew? Thanks!

JIGGS
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Terranova-Coppola-Lombardo-Bellomo Crew:
Ciro “The Artichoke King” Terranova (1920s-1932) Demoted.
Michael “Trigger Mike” Coppola (1932-1966) Died.
-Benjamin “Benny the Bum” DeMartino (1960s)
-Philip “Benny Squint” Lombardo (1960s-1967/8) Became Official Capo.
Philip “Benny Squint” Lombardo (1966- 1975) Stepped Down.
?Giuseppe "Pepe" Sabato (Late 1970s)
-Anthony “Buckaloo" Ferro (1975-1977) Stepped Down.
Joseph “Joe Stretch" Stracci (1977-19??)
Ralph “Farby” Serpico (19??-19??)
Saverio “Sammy” Santora (19??-1986) Became UnderBoss.
Liborio “Barney” Bellomo (1986-201?) Became Acting Boss/Imprisoned/Became Official Boss.
-Ralph Coppola (1990-1998) Killed.
-Frank “Farby” Serpico (1998-2001) Imprisoned.
-Ernest Muscarella (1998-2002) Imprisoned.
-Louis Moscatiello (2002-2003) Imprisoned.
-Arthur "Artie" Nigro (2003-2007) Imprisoned.
Pasquale “Patty Boy” Falcetti (20??-Present)

Strollo-Eboli-Gigante Crew:
Vito Genovese (1923-1931) Became UnderBoss.
Anthony "Tony Bender" Strollo (1931-1962) Killed.
-Dominick “Dom the Sailor” DeQuarto (Late 1950s)
Thomas “Tommy Ryan” Eboli (1962-1969) Became UnderBoss.
-Dominick “Dom the Sailor” DeQuarto (Early 1960s) Demoted.
-Pasquale “Patsy” Eboli (1962-1969) Became Official Capo.
Pasquale “Patsy” Eboli (1969-1972) Demoted.
-Dominick “Fat Dom” Alongi and Vincent “The Chin” Gigante (1972)
Vincent “The Chin” Gigante (1972-1973) Stepped Down/Demoted.
Dominick “Fat Dom” Alongi (1973-1978) Became Consiglieri.
-Vincent “The Chin” Gigante (1974-1978) Became Official Capo.
Vincent “The Chin” Gigante (1978-1981) Became Consiglieri.
Dominick “Baldy Dom” Canterino (1981-1993) Died.
-In 1993 this Crew was plit between Dominick “Quiet Dom” Cirillo, Mario Gigante, Lawrence “Little Larry” Dentico and Angelo “The Horn” Prisco.

Cirillo Crew: Broke off from the Strollo-Eboli-Gigante Crew.
Dominick “Quiet Dom” Cirillo (1993-20??)
-Federico “Fritzy” Giovanelli (1996-2001) Imprisoned.
Daniel “Danny” Pagano (20??-Present)

Miranda Crew:
Anthony Miranda (19??-1931)
Michele "Mike" Miranda (1931-Late 1950s) Became Consiglieri.
-In 1958 this Crew was split between Frank Celano, Frank “Funzie” Tieri, Antonio “Tony” Carillo, Generoso "Taddo DeMarco/Del" Del Duca, Peter “Pete Desi” DeFeo and Salvatore “Little Sal” Celembrino
-Frank Celano (1958-1963) Became Official Capo.
Frank Celano (1963-1973) Died.
John “Buster” Ardito (1970s-2007) Died.
? - Daniel “Danny/The Lion” Leo (2007-Present) Imprisoned.

DelDucca-Tieri Crew: Broke off from the Miranda Crew.
Generoso "Taddo DeMarco/Del" Del Duca (1958-1960) Died.
Alphonse “Frank/Funzi" Tieri (1960-1972) Became Boss.
-Frank Casina (1971-1972)
-In 1972 this crew was disbanded and merged with the DeCarlo Crew.

Carillo-Ianniello Crew: Broke off from the Miranda Crew
Antonio “Tony” Carillo (1958-1974) Died.
Matthew "Matty the Horse" Ianniello (1974-2012?) Died.
-James “The Little Guy” Ida (Late 1980s-1990) Became Consiglieri.
-Joseph “Joey” Ida (1990-1996) Imprisoned.
-In 1996/7 Ciro Perrone became a Capo over a portion of this Crew.
Conrad Ianniello (2012?-Present)
-Sometime in the early 2010s the Springfield Crew was merged with this Crew.
-Eugene “Rooster” O’Nofrio (2014-2016) Imprisoned.

Perrone Crew: Broke off from the Ianniello Crew.
Ciro Perrone (Late 1990s/Early 2000s-2011) Imprisoned/Died.
-Not sure what became of this Crew. It is possible that Conrad Ianniello took over this Crew.

DeFeo Crew: Broke off from the Miranda Crew.
Peter “Pete Desi” DeFeo (1958- Late 1980s) Retired.
-Alexander Morelli (Late 1980s) Became Official Capo.
Alexander Morelli (Late 1980s-????) Died in 2003.

Doto-Alo Crew:
-Gerard Laietta (1960s)
John Buonorado (1970s)
-In the (Late 70s/early 80s) this Crew was split between Alo, Lawrence “Larry Black” Centore, Gaetano "Mimi" Martino and possibly others.

Centore-Parello Crew: Broke off from the Doto-Alo Crew.
Lawrence “Larry Black” Centore (Late 1970s/Early 1980s-1992) Died.
Pasquale "Patsy" Parello (1992-Present) Imprisoned.

Yale-Carfano Crew:
Fracisco "Frankie Yale" Uale (1920-1928) Killed.
Anthony "Little Augie Pisano" Carfano (1928-1957) Killed.
James "Jimmy" Angellino (1957-1970s)
-Matteo “Matty Brown” Fortunato (1960s-1970s) Became Official Capo.
-Albert “Chicky” Facciano (1970s-1979) Imprisoned.
Matteo “Matty Brown” Fortunato (1970s-1980s) Died.

Pelligrino Crew:
Rocco “The Old Man” Pellegrino (1920s-1960s) Died.
-Rosario “Saro” Mogavero (1960s) Became Official Capo.
Rosario “Saro” Mogavero (1960s-Early 1970s) Died.
Joseph “Joe Back” Lapi (Early 1970s-19??)
George “Flip” Filippone (19??-1980s)
-Louis “Healthy” Gaccione (1970s-1980s) Became Official Capo.
Louis “Healthy” Gaccione (1980s-Late 1980s) Retired.
-Rosario “Ross” Gangi (1980s) Became Official Capo/Imprisoned.
Rosario “Ross” Gangi (Late 1980s-20??) Imprisoned.
-Peter “Petey Red” DiChiara (1998-2001) Imprisoned.
-Salvatore “Sammy Meatballs” Aparo (1998-2001) Imprisoned.
Peter “Petey Red” DiChiara (20??-Present)

Moretti-Catena-Boiardo Crew:
Quarico "Willie Moore" Moretti (Mid 1930s-1951) Killed.
-John “Padre/Duke” DeNoia (Late 1940s-Early 1950s)
Gerardo "Jerry" Catena (1951-1957) Became UnderBoss.
Ruggiero "Richie the Boot" Bioardo (1957-1984) Died.
-In the 60s the Crew was split between Bioardo, Angelo "Gyp" DeCarlo and Eugene “Gene” Catena.
-Anthony “Tony Boy” Boiardo (1960s-1978) Died.
-Andrew “Andy Gerard” Gerardo (1978-1984) Became Official Capo
Andrew “Andy Gerard” Gerardo (1984-1990s) Stepped Down.
-Thomas “Pee Wee” DePhillips (1987-1990s) Became Official Capo.
Thomas “Pee Wee” DePhillips (1990s) Stepped Down.
Andrew “Andy Gerard” Gerardo (1990s-2000s) Retired.
-Silvio DeVita (1990s-2000s) Became Official Capo.
Silvio DeVita (2000s-Present)

DeCarlo Crew: Broke off from the Moretti-Catena-Boiardo Crew
Angelo “Gyp” DeCarlo (1960s-1974) Died.
-In 1972 the Frank “Funzie” Tieri Crew was merged with this Crew.
Frank Casina (1974-19??)
Thomas Lombardi (1970s)
-Lombardi also ran the Tieri Crew.
Ottaviano Lombardi (19??-1987) Died.
Joseph “Joe Black” Ruggiero (1987-19??)
Salvatore “Sally Dogs” Lombardi (19??-1990s) Imprisoned/Died.
-Anthony “Pee Wee” Lanza (1987-1990s)

E. Catena-Gatto Crew: Broke off from the Moretti-Catena-Boiardo Crew
Eugene “Gene” Catena (1960s-1967) Died.
Peter LaPlaca (1967-1979) Died.
-Tino “The Greek” Fiumara ((Late 1970s-1979) Imprisoned.
Louis “Lou Red” Gatto (1979-2002) Died.
-In the 1990s Tino “The Greek” Fiumara took over a portion of this Crew.
Joseph “Streaky” Gatto (2002-2010) Died.

Fiumara Crew: Broke off from the E. Catena-Gatto Crew.
Tino “The Greek” Fiumara (1990s-2010) Died.
-Michael “Little Mike” Coppola (1979-1996) Fled from indictment/Imprisoned.
-Michael “Tona” Borelli (1996-Present?)

Springfield Crew:
Salvatore “Big Nose” Cufari (1960s-1983) Died.
Francisco "Frank Skyball" Scibelli (1983-2000) Died.
Adolfo “Big Al” Bruno (2000-2003) Killed.
-Anthony “Bingy” Arilotta (Mid 2000s) Imprisoned/Later Flipped.
Felix Tranghese (Mid 2000s-2010) Flipped.
-Sometime in the early 2010s the Springfield Crew was merged with the Ianniello Crew.

Genoroso Crew:
Vincenzo Genoroso (1960s-1970s)
-Michele "Micky Dimino" Generoso (1960s-1970s) Became Official Capo.
Michele "Micky Dimino" Generoso (1970s-Late 1990s) Stepped Down.
-Charles “Chucky” Tuzzo (Late 1980s)
-Sometime in the 90s Tuzzo took over a portion of this Crew.
-Anthony "Tough Tony/Tony Parkside" Federici (1991-????) Became Official Capo.
Anthony "Tough Tony/Tony Parkside" Federici (1999-2007) Stepped Down.
-Anthony "Rom" Romanello (20??-2007) Became Official Capo.
Anthony "Rom" Romanello (2007-Present)

Lucania-Greco Crew:
Salvatore “Charlie/Lucky Luciano” Lucania (1920s-1930) Became UnderBoss.
Thomas “Tommy Palmer” Greco (1930-1970s) Died.
-In the early 60s this Crew was split between Greco and Cosmo Fresca.
-Joseph LaPadura (1960s)
-Rosario “Sally Young” Palmieri (Early 1970s)
-Joseph LaPadura (1970s)
Rosario “Sally Young” Palmieri (Late 1970s)
Joseph “Joe Lefty” Loiacono (1970s-1988) Died.
James "Jimmy from 8th Street" Messera (1988-????)
Thomas "Figgy" Ficarotta (20??-Present)

Fresca-Malagone Crew: Crew created from the merger of the Gaetano “Tommy Bullets” Licata and a Brooklyn Crew in the early 1950s.
Cosmo Fresca (Early 1950s-1975) Died.
-Ilario “Larry” Pisani (Mid 1960s)
-Anthony “Hickey” DiLorenzo (1967-1971) Imprisoned.
-Tony “Dutchie” Tuzio (Early 1970s)
Thomas “Crazy Tommy” Contaldo (1975-1989) Died.
-Alphonse “Allie Shades” Malangone (1980s-1989) Became Official Capo.
Alphonse “Allie Shades” Malangone (Late 1980s-1995/6) Imprisoned.
Alan “Baldie” Longo (1995/6-Present?) Imprisoned.
What ever happend to Little Sal Calembrino's crew? It is is said that he was a capo and died in 1971, could it be that his crew was merged with the later Malangone crew?
pharion
Straightened out

Post by pharion »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:59 am
What ever happend to Little Sal Calembrino's crew? It is is said that he was a capo and died in 1971, could it be that his crew was merged with the later Malangone crew?
At least part of it was absorbed by Carillo and later Ianniello. Celembrino controlled the San Gennaro Feast until his death.
We know that Ianniello eventually got control of the Feast.
More importantly, Celembrino's son-in-law Leonard Cerami was an associate with Joey Ida (Ianniello crew) in the 1990s and was involved in the Feast.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Doto-Alo Crew:
-Gerard Laietta (1960s)
John Buonorado (1970s)
It appears Alo stepped down from his captain´s rank sometime in the very early 1970s and his crew disbanded, However, Alo crew members later (mid 1970s/late 1970s) under Larry Centore and Nick Rattenni (both promoted to captains of different crews). Both Centore and Rattenni previously identified as being under Alo. Patsy Parello was acting captain for Centore much of the 1980s before given his spot on permanent basis. Rattenni succeeded by John Masiello (probably only as acting captain) around 1982. By 1983, the old Rattenni crew was under Alo again.

If somebody has more indepth information, or more accurate information, please contribute.
There you have it, never printed before.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:26 am
Doto-Alo Crew:
-Gerard Laietta (1960s)
John Buonorado (1970s)
It appears Alo stepped down from his captain´s rank sometime in the very early 1970s and his crew disbanded, However, Alo crew members later (mid 1970s/late 1970s) under Larry Centore and Nick Rattenni (both promoted to captains of different crews). Both Centore and Rattenni previously identified as being under Alo. Patsy Parello was acting captain for Centore much of the 1980s before given his spot on permanent basis. Rattenni succeeded by John Masiello (probably only as acting captain) around 1982. By 1983, the old Rattenni crew was under Alo again.

If somebody has more indepth information, or more accurate information, please contribute.
Could also be that Nick Rattenni was given Jimmy Angelina´s crew in 1967 but stepped down around 1970 due to to his legal troubles. None of the three (Alo, Centore, Rattenni) were identified as captains by the FBI in the early 1970s. In September 1983, Alo and Centore were listed as captains. (Rattenni died in 1982.)
There you have it, never printed before.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Bumped up for Chrstie. I should that I don't always go back and update the original post with corrections or additions.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.