Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by gohnjotti »

Confederate wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:54 pm The Feds don't even have Buffalo listed as an active Family anymore. Probably less than 10 remaining guys.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they only listed 10 groups as still active like a true Family with a hierarchy structure:
5 in New York
New Jersey
Philly
New England
Chicago
Detroit
In 10 years from now, the number will be less. The last to go will be the 5 New York Families.
Do the feds even have Detroit as an active family?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:54 pm
BeatiPaoli wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:37 pm However, does anyone have at least an up to date list of Buffalo members--not necessarily in Family chart format--to see how many true members are still walking around?

Here is a partial list. I'm sure there are some from Canada I am missing. Never really followed that part. Some may be dead.

Confirmed Members:
Frank “Butchie” BiFulco/72
Robert “Bobby” Panaro Jr/75
John Pieri
Joseph Pieri Jr.
Joseph Rosato
Victor Sansanese
Vincent “Jimmy” Sicurella/76
Joseph “J.T.” Todaro Jr/76

Possible Members: (don't recall if these guy's were made. It is likely that some of them were)
Pasquale “Paddy” Brindisi/75
Frank Papalia
Rocco Papalia
Anthony “Tony” Pugliese
Joseph “Joey Paps” Pugliese
Pasquale “Patty” Pugliesi

The Feds listed 23 members left in 2006. Members who have died since then are

Leonard Falzone (2016)
Daniel “Danny” Gasbarinni (2014)
Benjamin “Sonny” Nicoletti Jr. (2012)
Donald "Turtle" Panepinto (2011)
Joseph Randazzo (2016)
Joseph Sacco (2006)
Joseph “Lead Pipe Joe” Todaro Sr. (2012)
Richard Todaro (2011)
What about Russell carcone and Dominick Italiano ?.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

If the Luppino's and Violi's are members of the Buffalo family it changes everything. I'm not arguing the authenticity of the list, I'm in no position to do so BUT I can say with certainty if it turns out the Violi brothers and the rest of the Luppino's are actually members of the Todaro organization a lot of what everyone is saying about the family being dead is simply wrong. They unto themselves can keep the organization going not to mention whatever remnants of the American side of the family may still be operating.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Hailbritain wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:08 pm What about Russell carcone and Dominick Italiano ?.

Russell Carcone was fresh street talk which had him being made with 4 or 5 others in 2005. In light of what the Feds had the family at in 2006 and since it was most likely bullshit. Don't know about Italiano. He is/was a Hamilton guy.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

This makes Andre Noel's report of Desjardins alleged trip to Buffalo and New York just after the attempt on his life even more intriguing, and believable.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Confederate wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:54 pm The Feds don't even have Buffalo listed as an active Family anymore. Probably less than 10 remaining guys.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they only listed 10 groups as still active like a true Family with a hierarchy structure:
5 in New York
New Jersey
Philly
New England
Chicago
Detroit
In 10 years from now, the number will be less. The last to go will be the 5 New York Families.
Yes, those are the ones left. I can't speculate on a timeframe but I do think the day will come when the American mob will only be found in the NY metropolitan area.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Yes it certainly seems to be going the way of the dinosaur. But a few questions I ask is for one weren't alot of the families or clans in Italy small, like 10 or 20 which means that type of Mafia family could be more the norm in alot of cities and what about the Ndrangheta in the US and Canada,how big are they getting.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I'm talking about in the next 10 to 20 years except for New York. Maybe a little crime to make money and live very comfortable. Not big groups really under the radar. Maybe these smaller groups will grow a little. Maybe the Sicilian Mafia will be more prominent in the US. Maybe groups like the ethnic diverse Capone gang will be more prevalent.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

10-20 years is a safe gamble. The guys now running the smaller families are the last generation.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Frank wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:17 pm Yes it certainly seems to be going the way of the dinosaur. But a few questions I ask is for one weren't alot of the families or clans in Italy small, like 10 or 20 which means that type of Mafia family could be more the norm in alot of cities and what about the Ndrangheta in the US and Canada,how big are they getting.
Italy is a different beast altogether. The clans there are those sizes by design and are not really the product of attrition like here in the US. The Italian OC groups will continue to have a large recruiting pool.

The Ndrangheta has obviously long had a presence in Canada. Despite some fairly well-publicized busts in recent years, it seems to me their activity in the US is still relatively limited and almost solely to facilitate drugs headed to Europe. Not necessarily to establish any kind of permanent US-based organization. We're not going to see anything like the Calabrians "taking over" New York or whatever. The Sicilians still have a bigger presence in the US but even that's not what it was years ago.
Frank wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:40 pm I'm talking about in the next 10 to 20 years except for New York. Maybe a little crime to make money and live very comfortable. Not big groups really under the radar. Maybe these smaller groups will grow a little. Maybe the Sicilian Mafia will be more prominent in the US. Maybe groups like the ethnic diverse Capone gang will be more prevalent.
What you described above is something more akin to Eurasian or Balkan criminal enterprises than traditional (ie Italian) organized crime as we've come to know it. The LCN is an inherently hierarchical organization that that perpetuates itself as long as there's a recruiting pool to draw from. You can look at areas like Pittsburgh, Kansas City, or recently Buffalo to know what to expect. Even after there's no formally structured, viable family left, there still may be the odd member or associate here or there, or perhaps the son or nephew of a dead mob guy, involved in something illegal or quasi-illegal. But eventually this will die out too and you'll be looking at a situation like in San Jose, Denver, or Dallas where there's nothing left.
All roads lead to New York.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Lupara wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:48 pm 10-20 years is a safe gamble. The guys now running the smaller families are the last generation.
In the next 10 to 15 years, Chicago, Detroit, Philly & New England most probably won't even exist as functioning Families anymore.
They will be like Kansas City, St. Louis, Buffalo etc. are like today. There will be a few made guys left with some associates working under them doing a few independent things here and there and that will be it.

The 5 New York Families are a whole different subject. They will last much longer simply by sheer numbers with the Genovese's and Gambino's at the top. That is the trend and the REALITY of it. The Feds know more about the Mafia than most of the Mafia guys do themselves. There is too much electronic surveillance, video cameras and informants.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Attaboi 1
Straightened out

Post by Attaboi 1 »

Lupara wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:01 am This makes Andre Noel's report of Desjardins alleged trip to Buffalo and New York just after the attempt on his life even more intriguing, and believable.
Has any info ever came out about desjardins’s motives for going to buffalo and new york
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

It will be weird having lived right near Chicago all my life. I remember when I was younger in the 60s basically up to Family Secrets,the Outfit always in the news, people getting whacked all the time. What a mobed up political city.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Confederate wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:37 pmIn the next 10 to 15 years, Chicago, Detroit, Philly & New England most probably won't even exist as functioning Families anymore.
Detroit probably.
But I'm pretty sure Chicago, NE and Philly will still be here in 15.
Hell, Merlino will only be 70 then. And to say his family will be long gone by then is a reach. IMO.

Maybe 50. But not 15.

Posters on boards thought the Columbo's had a 15 year time frame, 15 years ago. Yeah I know, NY is NY.

But Joey is also Joey ;)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Detroit and Chicago will be non-viable in 15 years. Too much of their structure is made up of guys 70+ and they will be dropping like flies over the next 15 years. I doubt if they can keep up.

Philly will be around in 15 years. There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of younger guys in the area that want to get involved. They will almost certainly be the last family to go outside New York.

The New York 5 will probably outlast me (I'm 38). They might change quite a lot by the time I'm gone though.

I don't know enough about New England to comment.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID