General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SolarSolano
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by SolarSolano »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:44 pm Does anyone have any information on Harry Aleman’s brothers? I think there were two, Louie and Anthony. Anthony was listed a lieutenant under Lombardo in one chart. Last I heard he was living in Florida.
Anthony was a union officer with Steve Torello and John Serpico for some time - and a business agent. I believe it was like a toy manufacturers union or something silly. I'm not really sure he was a mob guy just given a job.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:30 am
Patrickgold wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:44 pm Does anyone have any information on Harry Aleman’s brothers? I think there were two, Louie and Anthony. Anthony was listed a lieutenant under Lombardo in one chart. Last I heard he was living in Florida.
Anthony was a union officer with Steve Torello and John Serpico for some time - and a business agent. I believe it was like a toy manufacturers union or something silly. I'm not really sure he was a mob guy just given a job.
Wasn’t he arrested off of Taylor street with Scalise in the mid 90s? They were wearing all black and had burglary tools I think. I wonder why the CCC listed him as a lieutenant under Lombardo in their early 80s chart.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:34 pm
Wasn’t he arrested off of Taylor street with Scalise in the mid 90s? They were wearing all black and had burglary tools I think. I wonder why the CCC listed him as a lieutenant under Lombardo in their early 80s chart.
I may stand corrected - the Anthony Aleman I was referring to was a longtime business agent for this local, which judging by the names today is still Outfit connected. I just Googled and see the Rich Lindberg article about Aleman, Pullia and Scalise. That is really interesting. Perhaps the Anthony in this union was a nephew or something.

http://iuanpw.org/
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Wanted to strongly recommend this book to the Chicago guys - a bio of sorts from a guy I once worked for - Dan Stefanowski who was the Teamsters Local Union 726 and the mouthpiece for Bruno Caruso after he was kicked out of that union - Stefanowski also resigned just prior to being fired. He died from COVID last year but this book is worth reading for anyone interested - not a lot of secret stuff, but interesting look at how things were and also for gangs like Gaylords, CNotes, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/My-Guy-Club-Chic ... =1&depth=1
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:22 pm also for gangs like Gaylords, CNotes, etc.

Purchased, lol.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:29 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:22 pm also for gangs like Gaylords, CNotes, etc.

Purchased, lol.
Polack I meant to tell you a while ago but this recently went on Amazon - this guy was a real deal Chicago white guy gangbanger back in the 60s. Grew up right near you on hermitage / Augusta if I remember right. He was a fixture back at Pal Joeys in the good old days when all the Caruso crew would throw parties there. He stayed loyal to the Caruso's right up untl the end.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ran across another interesting piece of information. This was from a federal debriefing with William "B.J." Jahoda (unfortunately, I do not have the entire debriefing or 302):
DeLaurentis said in '86 or '87 that Infelise told him that he had been expecting that he was getting (Infelise used the term) made. Infelise didn't go into great detail but he said that "we do it the way they used to do it." Jahoda said do "do you mean with the paper and the fire?" and Infelise said "yes."
Jahoda may have been off on the years (Solly was alleged to have been made in '88 or '89) but it is still an interesting look at the making process from an outsider.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:00 pm Ran across another interesting piece of information. This was from a federal debriefing with William "B.J." Jahoda (unfortunately, I do not have the entire debriefing or 302):
DeLaurentis said in '86 or '87 that Infelise told him that he had been expecting that he was getting (Infelise used the term) made. Infelise didn't go into great detail but he said that "we do it the way they used to do it." Jahoda said do "do you mean with the paper and the fire?" and Infelise said "yes."
Jahoda may have been off on the years (Solly was alleged to have been made in '88 or '89) but it is still an interesting look at the making process from an outsider.
One notes that it wasn’t described as “the New York way” or “the zip way”, but as “the way they used to do it”. I recall seeing another document (maybe referring to this debriefing?) ascribing the same statement to Infelise.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:07 pm
Snakes wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:00 pm Ran across another interesting piece of information. This was from a federal debriefing with William "B.J." Jahoda (unfortunately, I do not have the entire debriefing or 302):
One notes that it wasn’t described as “the New York way” or “the zip way”, but as “the way they used to do it”. I recall seeing another document (maybe referring to this debriefing?) ascribing the same statement to Infelise.
It may have been one of Don Herion's books as I vaguely remember the same statement.

That may mean that they used to do the "paper and fire" in the pre-1950s. It has been documented that Giancana didn't care for that type of ceremony so he may have pushed for the banquet-style ceremony described by DeRose in 1956. While still a formal initiation, it relied less on the ritualistic sides of the ceremony. By the time Giancana was murdered, they had probably reverted back to the "old way."
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:10 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:07 pm
That may mean that they used to do the "paper and fire" in the pre-1950s. It has been documented that Giancana didn't care for that type of ceremony so he may have pushed for the banquet-style ceremony described by DeRose in 1956. While still a formal initiation, it relied less on the ritualistic sides of the ceremony. By the time Giancana was murdered, they had probably reverted back to the "old way."
+1. This has been exactly my theory as well. It was reinstated after either Ricca died or Giancana was out.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

My educated guess is they brought it back post-Ricca. Giancana was irrelevant at that point. However, Butch Blasi, if I recall, was made in the non-traditional way, so if that's true it started years before Giancana was boss. Ricca himself may have stopped doing the traditional ceremony in the mid- or late 1930s, perhaps after Frank Rio died. Could have been when Frank Nitto was the street boss.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Infelise used the term 'fire and brimstone' to describe the making ceremony to BJ Jahoda if I'm not mistaken - and Jahoda took that to mean the burning saint. That was a wiretap that was used in court evidence.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:06 pm Infelise used the term 'fire and brimstone' to describe the making ceremony to BJ Jahoda if I'm not mistaken - and Jahoda took that to mean the burning saint. That was a wiretap that was used in court evidence.
“May I burn in Hell, if I betray my Friends”
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

It's cited on page 156 of Robert Lombardo's "Organized Crime in Chicago":
https://books.google.com/books?id=JpC8T ... re&f=false
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:07 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:34 pm
I may stand corrected - the Anthony Aleman I was referring to was a longtime business agent for this local, which judging by the names today is still Outfit connected. I just Googled and see the Rich Lindberg article about Aleman, Pullia and Scalise. That is really interesting. Perhaps the Anthony in this union was a nephew or something.

http://iuanpw.org/
Lol you ain't kidding.