General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Villain »

Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:51 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6MNazCCDg
Some great classic Chicago footage here, a long-gone era.

Joey O and Big Joe fighting the cameramen.

Also really love the clip where that Marzano guy gets released. Old school Chicago dago shit lol. Looking like they’re headed straight for Harlem Ave.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:15 am
Villain wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:51 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6MNazCCDg

Also really love the clip where that Marzano guy gets released. Old school Chicago dago shit lol. Looking like they’re headed straight for Harlem Ave.
Most of the old guys like Battaglia, Aiuppa and Accardo were quite agressive towards reporters, except for Giancana who in turn loved them lol or Ricca who always acted like a real gentleman.

Btw was there any blood relation between Charles Marzano and Pasquale Marzano from the multi-million Purolator heist with Catuara and them guys? Or maybe with political bosses from the old days like Esposito's mentor James Marzano?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

...in addition, i think the news reporters made a mistake by naming Patsy as "Charles" or something like that....
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:56 am
PolackTony wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:15 am

Most of the old guys like Battaglia, Aiuppa and Accardo were quite agressive towards reporters, except for Giancana who in turn loved them lol or Ricca who always acted like a real gentleman.

Btw was there any blood relation between Charles Marzano and Pasquale Marzano from the multi-million Purolator heist with Catuara and them guys? Or maybe with political bosses from the old days like Esposito's mentor James Marzano?
Not sure about this Marzano’s genealogy. I believe that James Marzano’s family was from Ricigliano.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Has anyone see this Bad Sport series on netflix? Docuseries about sports/crime. One of the episodes is about the early 90s ASU Basketball fixing scandal, one of the bookies involved is a young guy at the time from Chicago named Joe Gagliano. I wonder if he is related to any of the Outfit Gaglianos given the "industry" he was apparently in.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:34 am Has anyone see this Bad Sport series on netflix? Docuseries about sports/crime. One of the episodes is about the early 90s ASU Basketball fixing scandal, one of the bookies involved is a young guy at the time from Chicago named Joe Gagliano. I wonder if he is related to any of the Outfit Gaglianos given the "industry" he was apparently in.
He was the nephew of Joe Gags. See attached link for a breakdown of the Outfit’s ties to the scandal.

https://gangsterreport.com/asu-sun-devi ... n-mob-90s/
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:33 pm
funkster wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:34 am Has anyone see this Bad Sport series on netflix? Docuseries about sports/crime. One of the episodes is about the early 90s ASU Basketball fixing scandal, one of the bookies involved is a young guy at the time from Chicago named Joe Gagliano. I wonder if he is related to any of the Outfit Gaglianos given the "industry" he was apparently in.
He was the nephew of Joe Gags. See attached link for a breakdown of the Outfit’s ties to the scandal.

Thanks! Must have missed that one. Figured there had to be a connection. Unsurprisingly the doc left out all talk about any outfit involvement.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Thanks! Must have missed that one. Figured there had to be a connection. Unsurprisingly the doc left out all talk about any outfit involvement.
“There is no mafia”.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:56 pm
funkster wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:55 pm

“There is no mafia”.
Lol wonder if that was a stipulation for Gagliano to be interviewed.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I ran across some LCN membership numbers and lists, circa 1993. Chicago is listed as containing 48 members. I will break them down below. I will probably make some requests to narrow these names down further:

1. Joseph John Aiuppa, Consigliere (IP, 1/18/05): This is the second file I've seen Aiuppa listed in as the "consligliere." We know Chicago did not traditionally have a NY equivalent to this position but the FBI had previously labeled Accardo as such, so it appears that Aiuppa still retained some type of advisory or counseling position despite his imprisonment. This would not be surprising, considering one of his proteges, Sam Carlisi, was boss at the time.
2. Donald John Angelini
3. *Redacted Name: Based on the following entries, this could potentially be one of the Bastone Brothers (Salvatore or Carmine). I also do not want to rule out Victor Arrigo, as he was a self-admitted member and still alive in 1993. I have also seen a file adding a name to the Chicago LCN index which was redacted, although the name was added at the same time as Frank DeMonte and another redacted name who I believe to be John Matassa, leading me to believe it was Arrigo as he testified to being made at the same time as DeMonte. I believe DeMonte was initiated at the same ceremony as Nick Calabrese, who made no mention of Arrigo at said ceremony. There is a possibility that this Frank "Belmonte" mentioned by Nick was a completely different member but I cannot find anything on a Frank Belmonte besides a few cryptic birth/death records.
4. *Redacted Name: I believe this name to be Robert Bellavia. The individual is imprisoned at the Chicago MCC which was where other Outfit members were held pending trial. Bellavia had yet to be tried and sentenced and fits here alphabetically, so I am fairly confident that this is him.
5. Frank James Calabrese
6. Samuel Anthony Carlisi, Boss (IP): Carlisi imprisoned, pending trial
7. Frank Michael Caruso: The FBI goofed and left Toots on here, most certainly believing it to be his father and namesake, Frank "Skid" Caruso.
8. Anthony Centracchio, Capo: This is the second file I've seen that lists Centracchio as a capo around this time period. What's interesting is that Lombardo is out of prison by this time. Two scenarios: 1. Centracchio was promoted and Lombardo did not regain his spot upon release and the FBI had not updated their intelligence to reflect that. 2: Lombardo was still the official capo but due to parole restrictions, Centracchio continued to act as capo.
9. James Samuel Cerone: This confirms the CCC file listing Cerone as a made guy. I believe this is Jack Cerone's nephew, if memory serves me correct.
10. John Peter Cerone, Underboss (IP, 6/13/00)
11. Anthony Chiaramonte
12. *Redacted Name: Not sure who this is. What confuses things is that the FBI lumped Rockford guys in with Chicago guys. They seemed to be very adamant that Rockford was not independent of Chicago in the 80s and 90s but I spoke with Cavita about this and he has seen other FBI documents stating the opposite, so who knows? If I had to take a stab at a Chicago name, I'd go with George Colucci. Our options are very limited considering the alphabetization in the list (Ch-Co) so we really don't have that many candidates.
13. Dominic Peter Cortina
14. *Redacted Name: This is probably James Vincent (Jimmy) Cozzo. The FBI had previously identified him as made at his 1990 union disciplinary hearing.
15. Sam William Cozzo: Here is a weird one. First of all, this is Jimmy's father, whom I have never seen mentioned as made in any previous files. Second of all, he died in 1987, somehow avoiding the FBI's attention for six years. A puzzling entry, to be sure.
16. *Redacted Name: I'm stumped on this one. Three candidates fit alphabetically (listed in order of confidence): James D'Antonio, Marco D'Amico (which contradicts other intelligence) and William Daddono, Jr.
17. John D'Arco, Sr.
18. *2 redacted name: The first I am almost certain to be Salvatore DeLaurentis. He is imprisoned at the Chicago MCC, which fits the timeline as DeLaurentis, like Bellavia and Carlisi, was awaiting trial in federal court. The second is more puzzling. Maybe Cavita can weigh in on Rockford guys but as far as Chicago is concerned, only William DiDomenico fits here. I'm not enamored with him as a candidate but with Jelly Cozzo on the list, anything is possible. I suppose it could also be Charles DiCaro but I have my doubts about that name.
20. James A. DiForti
21. *Redacted name: I believe this would be John DiFronzo, although he *may* have been imprisoned at this time.
22. August Giovenco: I need to add him to the Outfit Charts Dead Members List, if we ever get edit approval back. He died in 1998.
23. *Redacted name: Probably Joseph Grieco
24. Sebastian John Gulotta: First unredacted Rockford name on the list.
25. Rocco Ernest Infelise, Capo (IP)
26. Joseph Frank LaMantia: Interesting entry as we had all been led to believe that he wasn't made, with Frank Sr. implying as such on the prison tapes. Of course, that could be taken out of context or the FBI could just be plain wrong here, although their standards at this time used the language "no doubts" when referring to identification of made members.
27. Angelo LaPietra, Capo (IP, 5/21/95)
28. James LaPietra: Would be dead in a couple of months. Not listed as Capo for Angelo but he may have given it up for health reasons.
29. Joseph Lombardo, Capo: See Centracchio, above
30. *4 Redacted Names: I'll give this a stab. James Marcello, Pat Marcy, Louis Marino, and John Matassa. Pretty confident in Marcy and Matassa, although why Marcy would be redacted is beyond me. The big problem here is that Marcello and Marino should be held in the Chicago MCC but the entries make no mention of this. I also cannot rule out Michael Magnafichi. Less likely candidate: Rocco Lombardo.
34. William Joseph Messino
35. John Monteleone, Underboss: Interesting. DiFronzo's name (if listed) is redacted and so is the position, so it's difficult to know how to interpret this.
36. *3 redacted names: Sigh. One is imprisoned at Rochester FMC, so this is definitely Dominick Palermo. The other two? Your guess is as good as mine, although Lawrence Pettit (Petite) could potentially be one. Romeo Nappi may be the other? Based on the other families' lists, you get some really random old timers so it wouldn't completely surprise me if that was the case.
39. Alfred J. Pilotto, Capo: "Capo" is probably just a placeholder pending additional information. The Heights were basically dead as a crew at this point but this wasn't necessarily known at the time.
40. Phillip Emil Ponto
41. Fred Bruno Roti
42. *Redacted name: Probably Dominic Senese, who was identified as made in his 1990 union disciplinary hearing.
43. Joseph Dominic Spadavecchio
44. 2 Redacted Names: One is easy; Albert Tocco (IP, LIFE). The other, possibly Vito Spillone (later identified as made and operating in California) or Michael Spano. Talarico is a very unlikely candidate but I don't want to completely exclude anyone at this point. Al Tornabene does not fit alphabetically. My bet is on Spillone as I had seen him listed on other contemporary documents as a member.
46. Charles Vince: Second Rockford name
47. *2 Redacted names: Maybe Anthony Zizzo? Angelo Volpe was an old timer but still around, so he is a possibility as the other name.

Who is missing? Names we know for certain that were made but not included above or eliminated alphabetically:

Joseph Andriacchi (99% sure he was made by this point)
Marshal Caifano (not sure why he is missing; he would fit where Bellavia is but Caifano was last released from prison in 1991 so it couldn't be him at the MCC)
Nicholas Calabrese
Peter DiFronzo
Rudolph Fratto
Nicholas Guzzino
James Marcello (potentially)
Alphonse Tornabene
Anthony Zizzo (potentially)
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

This is great. My best guess for #16 is Legs D’Antonio. I have also never seen anything suggesting that Jelly Cozzo was made, but he was an old school neighborhood guy and clearly connected at some level, so if he was actually made it wouldn’t be shocking. I’ve always felt there must’ve been a couple more Grand Ave guys who were made then we know with certainty.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Victor Spilotro and Michael Caracci are two names off the top of my head. Victor was definitely made from my understanding and was made after his brothers were killed. He died in 1996. I bet he is #44. Caracci I heard was made but am unsure. There are a lot of other names like Scalise and Catezone. I’m pretty sure Catezone was made by 1993
Last edited by Patrickgold on Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Good topic Snakes - I'd love to learn more about guys like Ponto who appear to be old-timers. Below are a few names I didn't see that may be some of the placeholders but you would know better.

Gerry Scalise
Frank Panno
Jimmy Inendino
Harry Aleman (let's be honest he could have been made in Chicago)
Michael Castaldo - Elmwood Park