Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Post by Pogo The Clown »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:37 pm I also always remembered Uvino's name being tied to speculation about him having a higher position. Capo...possible Administration... only to find out he was a Solider. No judgement to anybody, speculation is fun. I was definitely somebody who speculated that he'd be in a bigger role than what he was indicted as

Uvino was a Capo/Acting Capo in the past.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

What happened to Uvinos club, the one on hauppauge, Sons of Italy? I live 5 minutes away from it
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:37 pm I kind of like it when stuff like this happens and we get updates on Admin / Capo positions - seeing guys that we didn't know about holding certain positions. Even though it happens after the fact, it's always great to get a chart and crew succession update.

I also always remembered Uvino's name being tied to speculation about him having a higher position. Capo...possible Administration... only to find out he was a Solider. No judgement to anybody, speculation is fun. I was definitely somebody who speculated that he'd be in a bigger role than what he was indicted as
If somebody cooperates it will be even better. The administration is surprising, I'm shocked that Allie Boy isn't official boss. I assumed that Allie was official boss and Mush was acting.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I’m pretty sure Allie boy holds no title considering they where talking about Teddy Persico eventually becoming boss
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Last time Russo was running things on the street, the FBI carried Carmine Persico as official boss, Allie Persico as acting boss, and Russo as "street boss". The impression was that Carmine was boss in name only, Allie was calling the shots from prison, and Russo was representing them on the street.

Makes sense they wouldn't elect an incarcerated member as official boss, though. We know that caused issues between the Lucchese and Bonanno families and it is a logistic problem given the official boss is supposed to be re-introduced to the family with his new title.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:37 pm I also always remembered Uvino's name being tied to speculation about him having a higher position. Capo...
He was indicted as a Capo in his pervious pinch. Of interest that he's been knocked down.
Franzese crew?

Gohn, Where the F are you.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

B. wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:13 pm Last time Russo was running things on the street, the FBI carried Carmine Persico as official boss, Allie Persico as acting boss, and Russo as "street boss". The impression was that Carmine was boss in name only, Allie was calling the shots from prison, and Russo was representing them on the street.

Makes sense they wouldn't elect an incarcerated member as official boss, though. We know that caused issues between the Lucchese and Bonanno families and it is a logistic problem given the official boss is supposed to be re-introduced to the family with his new title.
I wonder what source of income he has then. From what I understand, Carmine Persico wanted the title so that he and his family could keep receiving tribute. I guess It's possible that Allie had a deal worked out with Russo where he gets a piece of the tribute in exchange for Russo getting the title.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

A lot of "tribute" is actually a return on someone's investments, illegal or legitimate. Russo has had his own activities on Long Island going back to the 1960s when he was an associate, so I don't think he has ever been at the Persico's mercy alone when it comes to money.

What's interesting about him is he is a Persico cousin and loyalist but made a name in the family as much through his own initiative.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Think michael persico is so loaded he can take care of his brothers and mother
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:03 am
PolackTony wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:15 pm
funkster wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:59 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:57 pm
nizarsoccer wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:50 pm
funkster wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:32 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:12 pm
funkster wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:25 pm New JP reaction video up, reminding us Ricciardo was in the car on the attempted vito guzzo revenge hit.
Pennisi has been throwing cold water on the idea that “Colombos are weak and on their last leg” for a while now.
Indeed. Continues to say they'll bounce back even after this.
Looking at this indictment, + Amato + thomas farase, they bounced back well after the 2011 indictment.
The NY families are virtually indestructible from a purely law enforcement standpoint. RICO indictments, informants, etc. certainly help by speeding the process along but its ultimately a slow waiting game for attrition to do its job.
I think this is probably accurate.
These indictments are hitting the actual family structure hard, but to the degree to which the deeper set of relationships (familial, social, business, racket-based) upon which the mafia depends and through which it exerts its influence are maintained, they will continue to bounce back. To use the botanical metaphor, they’ve chopped a good deal of the trunk and branches off but so long as some soil and roots remain it will grow back. Those latter factors remain, though it remains to be seen how long those networks will remain viable enough to reproduce a formal mafia structure for the family. I wouldn’t bet on the Colombos going the way of the Dodo (or Pittsburgh et al) any time in the immediate future.

And you can see attrition and changing demographics taking a big effect. Out of the 14 guys in this indictment only 2 are under the age of 50 and all 8 of the made members indicted are senior citizens.

You see a big drop off in criminal involvement with guys born in the 1970s and into the early 80s. That number just falls off a cliff when you get to the cohort born in the late 80s and 1990s. The millennials haven't become involved with LCN like previous generations did.

What we are seeing now are guys that were criminals in the 1980s and 1990s and before still engaging in crime but the guys born in the 1980s and 1990s aren't there in sufficient numbers to replace them.

Pogo
Pogo in the clutch, with common sense.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

They've been friends for years.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Thats a 2011 article
richard_belding
Straightened out

Post by richard_belding »

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... bo-mob-fug

Daily News has Ralph Dimmatteo back from Fl and surrendering himself as of today
BeatiPaoli
Straightened out

Post by BeatiPaoli »

To Everyone: Did I misread one of the early articles on this bust regarding the Bonnano member and meetings he had with members of the Sicilian mafia? Wouldn't that be a significant point of interest? Or did I misunderstand something?

Regards,
BeatiPaoli