Coronavirus Mob Causalties

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Coronavirus Mob Causalties

Post by Pogo The Clown »

So we can move Madonna from the sick to the dead column.

Any waggers on which family will have a member hit next?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

I have merged these two threads into one. I think it´s better that way.

This Corona virus is more deadlier to the Mafia than bullets. Who would have thought that a virus would be more deadlier 20-30 years ago?
There you have it, never printed before.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

It'll be interesting to see if more information on Madonna's background becomes available. It seems there is very little information on him outside of his early connection to Nicky Barnes and him being elevated to capo after he's released from prison in the late 90s. Has it been confirmed what crew he took over during that time period?

I've always assumed he was Bronx based, and he was born and lived in Selden, NY which is in Suffolk County, Long Island.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Sorry guys but Matthew Madonna has NOT passed away. He has healed up and will be returning to jail. I'm sure Capeci will probablyy report on it tomorrow.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

mafiastudent wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:12 pm Sorry guys but Matthew Madonna has NOT passed away. He has healed up and will be returning to jail. I'm sure Capeci will probablyy report on it tomorrow.
Why would a relative confirm his death?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:47 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:12 pm Sorry guys but Matthew Madonna has NOT passed away. He has healed up and will be returning to jail. I'm sure Capeci will probablyy report on it tomorrow.
Can't answer that. But the story's not true. And if you track it back.....it makes sense because it was first put on Wikipedia (not reliable) and then said to a bogus news outlet and nowhere else like Daily News or Post...
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Did you hear this from Crea's son?
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:18 pm
Did you hear this from Crea's son?
Nope.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

mafiastudent wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:03 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:47 pm
Can't answer that. But the story's not true. And if you track it back.....it makes sense because it was first put on Wikipedia (not reliable) and then said to a bogus news outlet and nowhere else like Daily News or Post...
I'm not disagreeing with you at all and I know WIKI sucks, just perplexed on why a relative confirmed it
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
E. Lou Minotti
Straightened out

Re: The Mob and Coronavirus.

Post by E. Lou Minotti »

Peppermint wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:33 pm

People who are probably hurting in a similar market are those who own head shops both online and store fronts. Ever since the raid that got Tommy Chong busted for selling bongs, and those who make them. There are now little to no domestic glass blowers in the U.S making them, practically everything you find being sold in a head shop now regardless if it’s on the internet or not, all comes from China. Despite the stigma of “China-glass” if you know where to look, you can find some really high quality stuff for dirt cheap whole sale prices. So as you can imagine, with the pandemic going on, and the restrictions China has in place on trade because of the pandemic, you either can’t get anything shipped from there or if you can it’s going to take so long you won’t be able to keep up with your demand because you’ll be waiting at least a month or longer before your new stock arrives. Then there are of course the delivery delays on your end if you’re strictly based online, or the lack of foot traffic from social distancing if you own a store front. I was planning on starting an online head shop myself, but now I have to put it on hold because if I launch it now I’ll lose money because of how long it’ll take for me to receive my first shipment, and I have great projections too, i don’t know if those projections will be the same when this is over and I can finally launch due to the problem of there being no domestic glass blowers and having to rely on China. I could probably find some Russian glass blowers, or else where in Europe, but those are slightly more expensive and not as cost effective when starting such a business especially when there is so much competition.
I'm currently shipping air freight out of China via DHL, with only the occasional 1 day delay. So right now Shanghai to NY is about 3-5 days instead of 2-3 days transit time. Ocean freight hasn't really been affected at all, normal 30 day transit to from China the NY port, or 14 day transit to L.A.

You may just need to check with a different freight forwarder if you want to ship via ocean frieght if you're being told it will be delayed, get different vessel schedules, but you can always air ship and use DHL or Fedex if its only a few boxes.

Try contacting Shifl, Clare freight or Cosmic freight. They're reliable forwarders.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

E. Lou Minotti wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:52 pm
Peppermint wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:33 pm

People who are probably hurting in a similar market are those who own head shops both online and store fronts. Ever since the raid that got Tommy Chong busted for selling bongs, and those who make them. There are now little to no domestic glass blowers in the U.S making them, practically everything you find being sold in a head shop now regardless if it’s on the internet or not, all comes from China. Despite the stigma of “China-glass” if you know where to look, you can find some really high quality stuff for dirt cheap whole sale prices. So as you can imagine, with the pandemic going on, and the restrictions China has in place on trade because of the pandemic, you either can’t get anything shipped from there or if you can it’s going to take so long you won’t be able to keep up with your demand because you’ll be waiting at least a month or longer before your new stock arrives. Then there are of course the delivery delays on your end if you’re strictly based online, or the lack of foot traffic from social distancing if you own a store front. I was planning on starting an online head shop myself, but now I have to put it on hold because if I launch it now I’ll lose money because of how long it’ll take for me to receive my first shipment, and I have great projections too, i don’t know if those projections will be the same when this is over and I can finally launch due to the problem of there being no domestic glass blowers and having to rely on China. I could probably find some Russian glass blowers, or else where in Europe, but those are slightly more expensive and not as cost effective when starting such a business especially when there is so much competition.
I'm currently shipping air freight out of China via DHL, with only the occasional 1 day delay. So right now Shanghai to NY is about 3-5 days instead of 2-3 days transit time. Ocean freight hasn't really been affected at all, normal 30 day transit to from China the NY port, or 14 day transit to L.A.

You may just need to check with a different freight forwarder if you want to ship via ocean frieght if you're being told it will be delayed, get different vessel schedules, but you can always air ship and use DHL or Fedex if its only a few boxes.

Try contacting Shifl, Clare freight or Cosmic freight. They're reliable forwarders.
Honestly, I haven’t even tried looking into anything. I just figured it would all be delayed for so long that starting a new business that would rely on such shipments from China wouldn’t be a good idea. I didn’t even think I would have to look into anything like that, I would just be ordering whatever from the wholesaler, how would I find out how they go about shipping? All of this is besides the point, I don’t want to derail the thread getting into means of shipping... lol
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
E. Lou Minotti
Straightened out

Post by E. Lou Minotti »

Quick version: overseas factories/wholesalers usually ship with FOB terms so youre responsible for bringing your stuff to the US, getting it through customs, etc. But there are firms -freight forwarders- that do it for you. You'll need a freight forwarder if youre going to ship quantity. If it's small amounts you can use an air courier like dhl or fedex.

You can find what you need to know by googling 'US freight imports' or similar. It's not terribly complicated, but it's not like ordering online when youre the consumer and they mail you a package. Im sure you'll be fine.

Back to the topic...
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

boom
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

moneyman wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:15 pm It'll be interesting to see if more information on Madonna's background becomes available. It seems there is very little information on him outside of his early connection to Nicky Barnes and him being elevated to capo after he's released from prison in the late 90s. Has it been confirmed what crew he took over during that time period?

I've always assumed he was Bronx based, and he was born and lived in Selden, NY which is in Suffolk County, Long Island.
He was born and raised in East Harlem. 116th Street.
There you have it, never printed before.