Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

Ivan wrote:Holy motherfucking christ. I'm at a loss for words.

"Todt Hill", where Cali was killed, means "Death Hill" in Dutch, incidentally.
Not really. Thot isn't a Dutch word, unless it's a really old spelling. Death in Dutch is dood.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Etna »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 am Maybe someone with close ties to Colombo’s/carmine and wanted to wait till after he was dead to make a move
Let me play devil's advocate here. Colombos are a different family all together. What kind if benefit do they have killing Cali?

Only beef between them in recent years was a bar fight between associates. I think Benny Geritano may have been involved in it and stabbed a Walter Samperi?

https://nypost.com/2011/01/22/mob-clans ... med-bills/
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

From the article:
Snip... Frank Cali was reputedly the head of the Gambino family. He was reportedly married to Rosaria Inzerillo, who was herself related to the Sicilian Inzerillo family. The Inzerilli fled Sicily for the US in the 1980s after losing a war with rival families....Snip

Snip...Dr Anna Sergi, senior lecturer in criminology at the University of Essex, agrees.

"The Five Families are far happier than they have been in the past," she tells the BBC.

They are forging international links with Mexican and Colombian drug cartels, as well as the 'Ndrangheta from Italy's Calabria region.

Cali himself was convicted only once, after his arrest as part of Operation Old Bridge - a joint action by US and Italian law enforcement to try to quash co-operation between Italian and Italian-American crime groups....Snip...

Snip...Cali was also related to John Gambino, once leader of the family's Sicilian faction - another link that might explain his rapid rise to leadership of the mob.

Dr Sergi says Italian organised crime groups are currently changing supply routes for drugs and money, and even taking control of some operations in the US.

"This switch in power could explain this murder now," she says. Snip...
Speculation: I think this is about drug trafficking and some feel left out from the big $$ they bring
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:12 am
From the article:
Snip... Frank Cali was reputedly the head of the Gambino family. He was reportedly married to Rosaria Inzerillo, who was herself related to the Sicilian Inzerillo family. The Inzerilli fled Sicily for the US in the 1980s after losing a war with rival families....Snip

Snip...Dr Anna Sergi, senior lecturer in criminology at the University of Essex, agrees.

"The Five Families are far happier than they have been in the past," she tells the BBC.

They are forging international links with Mexican and Colombian drug cartels, as well as the 'Ndrangheta from Italy's Calabria region.

Cali himself was convicted only once, after his arrest as part of Operation Old Bridge - a joint action by US and Italian law enforcement to try to quash co-operation between Italian and Italian-American crime groups....Snip...

Snip...Cali was also related to John Gambino, once leader of the family's Sicilian faction - another link that might explain his rapid rise to leadership of the mob.

Dr Sergi says Italian organised crime groups are currently changing supply routes for drugs and money, and even taking control of some operations in the US.

"This switch in power could explain this murder now," she says. Snip...
Speculation: I think this is about drug trafficking and some feel left out from the big $$ they bring
He is the first cousin through marriage of Gambino family associate
Tommy Gambino, the second cousin through marriage of Gambino family associate Frank
Inzerillo and the brother-in-law of Gambino family soldier Pietro “Tall Pete” Inzerillo
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Chopper
Straightened out

Post by Chopper »

Lupara wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:08 am
Ivan wrote:Holy motherfucking christ. I'm at a loss for words.

"Todt Hill", where Cali was killed, means "Death Hill" in Dutch, incidentally.
Not really. Thot isn't a Dutch word, unless it's a really old spelling. Death in Dutch is dood.
Het is een verbastering van oud Nederlands Lupara :).
Net als Breukelen naar Brooklyn. Ik kan wel zien hoe 'Dood Heuvel' 'Todt Hill' wordt.

Euro trash in the house!
"Do you think Ralph is a little weird about women?"

"I don't know Ton'… I mean, he beat one to death"
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 am If we see any retribution soon then we may inadvertently find out who was responsible. For some reason I have a feeling that this has to do with either persico dying or the coke shipment being seized, too much coincidence but again, you never know.
Persico seemed to have no influence on mafia activity on the streets for a while. And the coke seizure happened just three days ago, so I doubt the hit on Cali would be decided and planned in just 3 days.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 am
eboli wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:51 am
Moscone65 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 am If we see any retribution soon then we may inadvertently find out who was responsible. For some reason I have a feeling that this has to do with either persico dying or the coke shipment being seized, too much coincidence but again, you never know.
I can't see how Persico dying can be linked in any way to Cali's death. Carmine was very sick for a long time. I doubt he had much input (if at all) into the family operations. The drug bust on the other hand... It's interesting all of these events happened in the week of Mancuso's release.
Could be like how Gotti waited till after Neil died before trying anything.
Neil had a lot of pull and was involved. Carmine was partially blind, wheelchair bound old man who was last on the streets 35 years ago. Most of his close associates are either dead or behind bars. I doubt his name means much in the streets in 2019. Plus the Colombos only kill each other. :lol: Don't get me wrong your theor is good as any other in this thread, but I just don't see the link.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Colombo’s have absolutely nothing to do with this, the death of Carmine Persico has nothing to do with this, the man was in prison from 1985, maybe it’s Sammy The Bull making a come back
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Make sure you head on over to the BB and vote in Furio's poll on who had Cali killed!
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

JohnnyS wrote:
maninblack wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:04 am Here is a recent photo of him.. Almost didn't recognize him with all the old pictures they have been showing on the news
Jesus, he aged a lot in the last 10 years.
Yeah if he was said to be 73 I would've believed it.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:31 am Make sure you head on over to the BB and vote in Furio's poll on who had Cali killed!
please tell me you are kidding?
I cannot go over to GBB, I get
a headache.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

With so many darts being thrown at the wall here I'm still waiting for someone to say the order came from a pizza and wings joint in Buffalo.
All roads lead to New York.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Ya I think it’s either internal or Italian/Canadian international related, or maybe both. Just weird about all the shit that’s happened this week don’t you think?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:45 am I believe back in 2015 Frank Cali was supposed to have taken over for a recently stepped down Cefalu or was it Cefalu stepped down for the golden boy Frank Cali. Then it came out that it wasn't correct and Cefalu still had the title. I haven't followed it until now, where I'm seeing him floated as boss.

I'm just as confused.
Maybe with this happening we will get an update on the administration. I believe we have Peter Gotti as official boss, Cefalu as acting boss, Cali as official underboss, with consigliere unknown.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

If another wise guy gets clipped within the next month we might get some better insight.