John DiFronzo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Confederate
Full Patched

Re: John DiFronzo

Post by Confederate »

eboli wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:09 pm
Confederate wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:13 pm Yes, it's true. He also said that he was never a member of a criminal organization, he never had his finger pricked or went through any Ceremony, and if anyone saw him conversing with criminals that they should report it to his parole officer. LOL
I do not have a copy of it.
I guess it's a trend in The Outfit to make a spectacle denying any involvement in a criminal organization. Lombardo with his ads and letters, Solly D with his interview, Mad Sam with his theatrics. Is there any info if they had any formal induction ceremonies at all? I've read years ago a claim that Chicago were very, very informal. Even back to the Ricca, Accardo and Campagna days they didn't bother with it and just said "you're one of us now" or something along those lines to newly made guys.
You are correct about what you said concerning the old days. Giancana even said on tape something to the effect that is was "silly grade school stuff".
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Confederate wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:19 pm I did a quick research on Mike Magnafichi and was surprised to find that he had been arrested for petty shoplifting twice. Once was on 12/8/11 and the second time was on 9/12/13. Don't have any further info. His name was associated with mugshots.com and there was a picture of him.
He was busted a bunch of times for shoplifting and arrested a few years ago for discharging a firearm and possession of a firearm by a felon. Surprisingly they let him off on the gun charge after a few months in county and Mario rainone got 15 years for being a felon in possession of a firearm. Make of that what you will
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I think that was more ANP lies. Villain, is there a Giancana file on MF where he mentions the ceremony as "silly" or for "boy scouts"?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:08 pm I think that was more ANP lies. Villain, is there a Giancana file on MF where he mentions the ceremony as "silly" or for "boy scouts"?
It came from Roemer's F.B.I. recordings that he talked about in his book.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Confederate wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:14 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:08 pm I think that was more ANP lies. Villain, is there a Giancana file on MF where he mentions the ceremony as "silly" or for "boy scouts"?
thats not the best source bc Roemer was known to make up dialogue.

I didn't realize that was the source for that. hmm.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:28 pm

He didn't make up anything. It's what was RECORDED on an F.B.I. planted microphone.
You're think of one of his 3 books that was fictional called "War Of the Godfathers". The other 2 books were much better. The problem with Roemer was that he was prejudice against certain Outfit guys and in love with others. LOL
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Confederate wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:36 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:28 pm

He didn't make up anything. It's what was RECORDED on an F.B.I. planted microphone.
You're think of one of his 3 books that was fictional called "War Of the Godfathers". The other 2 books were much better. The problem with Roemer was that he was prejudice against certain Outfit guys and in love with others. LOL
no I'm thinking of Roemer: Man Against the Mob, which had fake conv as well as real ones I guess.... we really dont know bc it never came out bc they were illegal anyways.

ok about war of the godfathers where he took real ppl and made a fake story
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

The wiretaps were still transcribed in FBI files so there are records of them. They just couldn't be used in court.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:08 pm when did Magnafichi start talking?? had to be after Calabrese bc he was as the only made outfit member at that time to flip.

did Magnafichi testify?
theres A LOT of mixed feelings on him it seems.
Hasn't testified and he hasn't talked to the government as far as I know.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Yeah, Magnafichi didn't flip. He answered a couple of softballs from Fosco but that's about all he's done publicly.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:13 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:08 pm when did Magnafichi start talking?? had to be after Calabrese bc he was as the only made outfit member at that time to flip.

did Magnafichi testify?
theres A LOT of mixed feelings on him it seems.
Hasn't testified and he hasn't talked to the government as far as I know.
He sure got off light for being a felon in possession of a firearm as I stated rainone got 15 years for the same offense
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Rainone had a much worse criminal record, though. That is taken into consideration when sentencing, particularly if the convictions were on a federal level, as Rainone's were. I believe Rainone also violated his terms of parole.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:41 pm Rainone had a much worse criminal record, though. That is taken into consideration when sentencing, particularly if the convictions were on a federal level, as Rainone's were. I believe Rainone also violated his terms of parole.
I get it but couple months in county is extremely light for that charge. He also discharged the firearm in a residential area. Feds chose not to prosecute that. Almost unheard of
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

That was a local charge, I think. I don't think Magnafichi has any federal convictions.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

regardless state or fed charges.... it's ridiculously low. in Mi you get 2 years AUTOMATICALLY for getting caught w a gun.

anyone else have anything to say on Roemer?? wasn't it a known thing he made stuff up??

and why are we going off the word Magnafichi said also when he under no obligation had to tell the truth?