5 Family Crew Succession

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: 5 Family Crew Succession

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I believe he was 16 when he was made.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Another Philly guy, Antonio Pollina I believe, was also made at 16.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

B. wrote: Wed May 27, 2015 12:35 am
jimmyb wrote:Thanks guys for putting these together. I have a question about the Knickerbocker Ave crew: "Giovanni "John" Fiordillino (1967-1969) Fled." Can you tell me anything more about Fiordillino? Why was he fleeing for example? Also, any idea what the genealogical relationship between Giovanni and Francesco Fiordillino---the Bonanno associate turned government witness is?
Francesco was Giovanni's nephew and was on record with the Asaro crew. Francesco had a brother named Vincenzo who was an associate that died while committing an arson.

The Fiordilinos and Navarras are related, and Santo "Tony" Giordano was also related to them, all from Castellammare. There is also a connection to the Bonventres, as I know some Fiordilinos and Bonventres are related by marriage and that Giordano's uncle was named Nino Bonventre. This is not the same Antonino Bonventre who is an elderly Bonanno member and the father of acting capo Giacomo Bonventre, who are in turn related to the Asaros.

Cesare Bonventre's father was named Vito I believe and I've been curious about him. There are a couple of older Vito Bonventres who were members of the Schiro/Bonanno family, but I am not sure how this Vito relates. He would have come over to the US in the mid-late 1960s so if he was a member then it would have been back in Castellammare. I can't help but feel like Cesare must have come from a mafioso father but who knows... he had enough people to teach him either way.

Colombo captain turned informant Dino Calabro and his cousins the Saracinos were also born in Castellammare. I know there was a high-ranking CDG member named Gioacchino Calabro, so I wonder if he was related. Saracino is obviously a name that goes way back, as Salvatore Saracino aka Giuseppe Palermo was close to Salvatore Bonanno (Joe's father) and other important US members in the early days. Plus you have one on that list of CDG members.

A name that I wonder about on that list too is Rocco Coppola, because I have long wondered if Leonardo Coppola, who died alongside Galante, may have been from Castellammare. Most if not all of the other men in attendance at that lunch were Castellammarese (Turano, Amato, Bonventre, Galante... not sure about Angelo Presanzano, but he was Galante's cousin so maybe). Coppola has been described as a Bonanno soldier before but not sure if there is any info to back that up. He could just as well have been an affiliate from Sicily.

Also have to wonder if Antonino Vitale is distantly related to Sal Vitale, whose parents emigrated from CDG.

Ever seen any Giaccones listed in CDG? Phil Giaccone's family was from CDG is why I ask. His father Antonino was pretty old when Phil was born and it seems Phil was well-connected with the Bonannos from a very early age despite not having any known relatives in the organization. His lying informant nephew Saggio claims that Giaccone was the protege of John Bonventre and even though a lot of his info is suspect, some of his background info on Giaccone is more or less correct so he could be right about that.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Not sure why you quoted it, but I should mention it has since come out via JD that the Giaccones were from Agrigento region, not Castellammare or Trapani. So his lying nephew Saggio was incorrect about that in his book. I'm also skeptical of his info about Giaccone being a protege of Giovanni Bonventre. We know Giaccone ended up in Rastelli's circle within a few years after Joe Bonanno was deposed, never seen anything pointing to him coming up around Bonventre and if Saggio couldn't even get the Giaccone family's place of origin right I'm not confident he would have been right about anything in Giaccone's history.
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

Does Frank Mari of Bonannos have his own crew or he just succeeded someone? Same question about Mike Adamo
Manhattan_
Straightened out

Post by Manhattan_ »

Harry was made 1927 , Nicky Scarfo was not born yet .
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:12 pm Another Philly guy, Antonio Pollina I believe, was also made at 16.

Pogo
Do you mean Pete Casella? I have seen some info that indicates Casella may have been inducted very young, but haven't come across anything about Pollina.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah that was who I had in mind. Thanks.

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

A December 1993 FBI report identifies John Faraci as an acting Bonanno captain around that period, so Attanasio may have still been official at that time. Not sure what other info is out there to put it into context.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

108th Street-Harlem Crew:
Gaetano "Tommy/Three Finger Brown" Lucchese (19??-1931) Became UnderBoss.
Ettore "Fast Eddie" Coco (1931-1953/5) Imprisoned.
Giovanni “Big John” Ormento (1953/5-1959) Imprisoned.
-In 1953 a portion of the Rao Crew was placed in this crew.
Antonio “Tony Ducks” Corallo (1967-1972) Became Boss.
Carmine LoCascio (19??-1983) Died.
Samuel “Big Sam” Cavalieri (1983-1985) Stepped Down.
-Anthony “Curly” Russo (1985) Became Official Capo
Anthony “Curly” Russo (1985-1986) Demoted.
Samuel “Big Sam” Cavalieri (1986-1987) Died.
Anthony “Bowatt” Baratta (1987-1995) Imprisoned/Demoted.
?Angelo “Cheesecake” Urgitano (Mid 1990s?-1998) Died.
-Not sure who took over for Baratta.
Pogo I´m not trying to muddy the waters here but according to Joseph Valachi, Rao´s crew (and this is the one that was based out of East 107th Street (East Harlem) was taken over by Salvatore Santoro and John Ormento (in the early 1950s). Not sure if they were some kind of co-captains or if the crew split between them. Both of them were demoted in the 1960s. Santoro ended up underJoseph Capra but later took over his crew. This seems to have occured in the late 1960s, very early 1970s. So Eddie Coco (it looks like) headed a different East Harlem crew, perhaps the Paul Correale crew? I know JD talked about the Lucchese crew succession lines but I don´t remember the details, it was a long time ago and he has since then deleted his posts. Not sure if this info you posted is coming from him?

rao crew.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There you have it, never printed before.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

I must add that Ormento is later described as replacing Coco. Could mean that Coco´s crew (sometime in the 1950s) was merged with Ormento´s???
There you have it, never printed before.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

I am looking on my phone, but I dont think I saw Ludwig brunchi listed. Whose crew he take over?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

what crew did Tony Federici take over for the Genovese? im guessing Generoso? what's the lineage of that crew?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:42 pm what crew did Tony Federici take over for the Genovese? im guessing Generoso? what's the lineage of that crew?

Genoroso Crew:
Vincenzo Genoroso (1960s-1970s)
-Michele "Micky Dimino" Generoso (1960s-1970s) Became Official Capo.
Michele "Micky Dimino" Generoso (1970s-Late 1990s) Stepped Down.
-Charles “Chucky” Tuzzo (Late 1980s)
-Sometime in the 1990s Tuzzo took over a portion of this Crew.
-Anthony "Tough Tony/Tony Parkside" Federici (1991-????) Became Official Capo.
Anthony "Tough Tony/Tony Parkside" Federici (1999-2007) Stepped Down.
-Anthony "Rom" Romanello (20??-2007) Became Official Capo.
Anthony "Rom" Romanello (2007-Present)
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:21 pm
newera_212 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:42 pm what crew did Tony Federici take over for the Genovese? im guessing Generoso? what's the lineage of that crew?

Genoroso Crew:
Vincenzo Genoroso (1960s-1970s)
-Michele "Micky Dimino" Generoso (1960s-1970s) Became Official Capo.
Michele "Micky Dimino" Generoso (1970s-Late 1990s) Stepped Down.
-Charles “Chucky” Tuzzo (Late 1980s)
-Sometime in the 1990s Tuzzo took over a portion of this Crew.
-Anthony "Tough Tony/Tony Parkside" Federici (1991-????) Became Official Capo.
Anthony "Tough Tony/Tony Parkside" Federici (1999-2007) Stepped Down.
-Anthony "Rom" Romanello (20??-2007) Became Official Capo.
Anthony "Rom" Romanello (2007-Present)
awesome thank you. crazy that (micky) generoso was a capo in some capacity for almost 30 years, thats insane