Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

Speechless. Like others I thought this was a joke!

Vito Rizzuto from the grave?

He was officially underboss no? I doubt the Gambinos would want to draw this heat if it was an internal situation. If it wasn't, they'll have to draw the heat now to retaliate.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

felice wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:05 am Last 100% reliable info I had on him reported him as consigliere, Mannino is the underboss
Thanks felice. What year/date was this information regarding?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Am I correct that no one was ever convicted of the Castellano murder?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:15 am Am I correct that no one was ever convicted of the Castellano murder?

Gotti was for his role in it. None of the shooters were.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 am
Chris Christie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:45 am I believe back in 2015 Frank Cali was supposed to have taken over for a recently stepped down Cefalu or was it Cefalu stepped down for the golden boy Frank Cali. Then it came out that it wasn't correct and Cefalu still had the title. I haven't followed it until now, where I'm seeing him floated as boss.

I'm just as confused.
I think the problem all the media picked up on the first Gangland article claiming Cali was in charge but didn't pay attention to the next article saying Cefalu was still in control. Capeci hasn't said anything else (maybe next week's article will differ) on the hierarchy after that. He had Cefalu as acting boss and Cali as underboss
^ This
All roads lead to New York.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Yeah, the news stories probably just saw boss and ran with it. Headlines.
Niagarafalls
Straightened out

Post by Niagarafalls »

If it’s internal why wouldn’t they just disappear him? Killing the guy in front of his family home will bring so much heat they won’t be able to make any moves. If it’s internal, whoever has the power now won’t last long until they’re either killed themselves or arrested. No way to operate. If he disappears, you’d have more time to consolidate your power.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:20 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:15 am Am I correct that no one was ever convicted of the Castellano murder?

Gotti was for his role in it. None of the shooters were.

Pogo
He was? Interesting. I thought he was only convicted of the DiBono hit.

Cheers.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Niagarafalls wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:30 am If it’s internal why wouldn’t they just disappear him? Killing the guy in front of his family home will bring so much heat they won’t be able to make any moves. If it’s internal, whoever has the power now won’t last long until they’re either killed themselves or arrested. No way to operate. If he disappears, you’d have more time to consolidate your power.
Making him disappear also brings down a lot of heat and shooting a high ranking member outside of his home sends a stronger message. My guess is if it's internal then whoever ordered it isn't on the admin and it's a power play. But who knows it's all just speculation for now. Nothing is out of the question.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

If we see any retribution soon then we may inadvertently find out who was responsible. For some reason I have a feeling that this has to do with either persico dying or the coke shipment being seized, too much coincidence but again, you never know.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

I’ll tell you what would be crazy , just say it is another criminal group and cefalu and mannino get whacked , like Montreal all over again , they might not stop there , they might start targeting bosses of the other 5 families . Who knows
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

bert wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:33 pm
AndyHaHa wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 pm Also not saying it’s impossible but to think this is a Gene Gotti power play is wishful thinking
Agreed, he can't even get near anyone now. I doubt his nephews form Growing up Gotti did it.
Those kids were so dumb, they'd probably film the hit as part of their show and be clueless as to why they got caught.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 am If we see any retribution soon then we may inadvertently find out who was responsible. For some reason I have a feeling that this has to do with either persico dying or the coke shipment being seized, too much coincidence but again, you never know.
I can't see how Persico dying can be linked in any way to Cali's death. Carmine was very sick for a long time. I doubt he had much input (if at all) into the family operations. The drug bust on the other hand... It's interesting all of these events happened in the week of Mancuso's release.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

eboli wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:51 am
Moscone65 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 am If we see any retribution soon then we may inadvertently find out who was responsible. For some reason I have a feeling that this has to do with either persico dying or the coke shipment being seized, too much coincidence but again, you never know.
I can't see how Persico dying can be linked in any way to Cali's death. Carmine was very sick for a long time. I doubt he had much input (if at all) into the family operations. The drug bust on the other hand... It's interesting all of these events happened in the week of Mancuso's release.
Could be like how Gotti waited till after Neil died before trying anything.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Maybe someone with close ties to Colombo’s/carmine and wanted to wait till after he was dead to make a move