Akron Ohio + Italian mafia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Akron Ohio + Italian mafia

Post by JCB1977 »

Pasquale aka Pat has an older brother named Angelo Anthony Ferruccio. He was born in 1908 in Bradford, PA (a huge hotbed for OC). He also lived in Hancock, WV (another huge hotbed for OC). He served time in prison in Mercer, PA. As soon as I download docs, I’ll email them to you.

In regards to his father Rocco:

We know he came from Italy, most likely Reggio Calabria, but where in RC? Delianuova is a small village just southwest of Santa Cristina d’Aspromonte (where a majority of my paternal side came from).

I am positive he came to the U.S via NYC. How long did he stay in NYC?

We know that “at least” in 1908, Rocco and his wife Teresa resided in Bradford County, PA because his son Angelo was born there. Bradford is on the border of Olean, NY and was dubbed Little Chicago for all the bootlegging murders through the roaring 1920’s. It was in close proximity to Buffalo NY and Ontario Canada, where many Calabrians settled.

To be continued:
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Rocco Macri aka Rocco Ferruccio was born Rocco Macri and he traveled to the U.S arriving on May 16, 1903 in the Port of NY with his final destination being to Bradford, PA. His cousin Domenico Macri was listed as living in Bradford who he was going to visit. They had his “last known” residence in Delianuova, Reggio Calabria, Italy. That doesn’t mean he was born there, most likely he was born somewhere else close by. He was listed at 22 years old when he arrived, placing his birthdate in 1881.

1908- His Son Angelo Anthony Macri aka Angelo Ferruccio was born in Bradford, PA. He was arrested in 1930 for burglary and was sentenced to Mansfield Reformatory for 1-15 years. He was paroled in March of 1931 after serving 13 months. He was arrested again for Robbery & Threats in Greenville, PA where he was residing and sentenced in 1933 to 9-18 years to Western Pen in Pennsylvania. He was still in prison in 1940 according to the Census report. By 1933, he went by the last name Ferruccio. He died in 1988 in Canton, OH.

1910- Salvatore Macri was born in Canton, OH, son of Rocco Macri and Teresa Papasergio and died in 1914 in Canton, OH of pneumonia. Rocco Macri signed off on the death certificate.

1912- Rosina Macri, daughter of Rocco Macri aka Ferruccio was born in Erie, PA. She died in 1913 of pneumonia. Her father is listed as Rocco Macri and mother as Teresa Papaserge. Her father Rocco Macri signed off on the death certificate, so we know that he was still going by the last name Macri in 1913.

1915- Pasqualino Macri was born in Canton, OH and died in Canton in 1916 of either tuberculosis or pneumonia (the writing is hard to read on this document). ***Ironic first name considering his brother Pasquale aka Pat was born in 1917 in Canton. Rocco Macri signed off on the death certificate.

***Pasquale “Pat” Ferruccio is also known as Pasquale Macri Ferruccio. We know the name changed sometime after 1916 (at least 13 years after Rocco’s arrival in 1903). Furthermore, Rocco very possibly could have arrived prior to 1903, as it was common for men to travel back and forth to Italy. Once I conduct further searches along with Antillar and Chris Christie, I should have an update. There is a reason he changed the last name to Ferruccio and the reason is out there...just need to find it.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:33 pm Rocco Macri aka Rocco Ferruccio was born Rocco Macri and he traveled to the U.S arriving on May 16, 1903 in the Port of NY with his final destination being to Bradford, PA. His cousin Domenico Macri was listed as living in Bradford who he was going to visit. They had his “last known” residence in Delianuova, Reggio Calabria, Italy. That doesn’t mean he was born there, most likely he was born somewhere else close by. He was listed at 22 years old when he arrived, placing his birthdate in 1881.

1908- His Son Angelo Anthony Macri aka Angelo Ferruccio was born in Bradford, PA. He was arrested in 1930 for burglary and was sentenced to Mansfield Reformatory for 1-15 years. He was paroled in March of 1931 after serving 13 months. He was arrested again for Robbery & Threats in Greenville, PA where he was residing and sentenced in 1933 to 9-18 years to Western Pen in Pennsylvania. He was still in prison in 1940 according to the Census report. By 1933, he went by the last name Ferruccio. He died in 1988 in Canton, OH.

1910- Salvatore Macri was born in Canton, OH, son of Rocco Macri and Teresa Papasergio and died in 1914 in Canton, OH of pneumonia. Rocco Macri signed off on the death certificate.

1912- Rosina Macri, daughter of Rocco Macri aka Ferruccio was born in Erie, PA. She died in 1913 of pneumonia. Her father is listed as Rocco Macri and mother as Teresa Papaserge. Her father Rocco Macri signed off on the death certificate, so we know that he was still going by the last name Macri in 1913.

1915- Pasqualino Macri was born in Canton, OH and died in Canton in 1916 of either tuberculosis or pneumonia (the writing is hard to read on this document). ***Ironic first name considering his brother Pasquale aka Pat was born in 1917 in Canton. Rocco Macri signed off on the death certificate.

***Pasquale “Pat” Ferruccio is also known as Pasquale Macri Ferruccio. We know the name changed sometime after 1916 (at least 13 years after Rocco’s arrival in 1903). Furthermore, Rocco very possibly could have arrived prior to 1903, as it was common for men to travel back and forth to Italy while getting ready to arrange for their family to come over or tying up loose ends before coming to America. Once I conduct further searches along with Antillar and Chris Christie, I should have an update. There is a reason he changed the last name to Ferruccio and the reason is out there...just need to find it.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Well now at least the Progress has been made. So no longer having the two Grandsons confused who was involved with Liberty Pat's son vs. Pat's nephew. The Rocco A. is the Son of Pat. Although the Pat Ferruccio Dad is an interesting character at least now the entire Family Tree is making more sense. Although at this point, I don't need any further Family Tree History for Pat Ferruccio.

With my Family, my brother spent over 50 years tracing the Family members back 500 years because 400 of those years half of my family was already here.

The original question was whether Rocco Ferruccio at Liberty Vending or other enterprises that he controlled - was into any other Criminal Activity/History like his father Pat.

Yes the Black Hand / LCN formed early in Northeast Ohio (NEO). For the People of New York who know of their network it sometimes is hard to Believe what some of us who were Born and raised in Ohio - "The Mafia existed just like the Soviet Union" Growing up in the Midwest this Country had only two other aspects the Mafia and the Soviet Union. Between all three the world was safe because one of the three kept all the others in line Worldwide. Yes this my opinion and just the way it seemed. Now everything is fractured into a billion pieces.

Thanks for nothing RICO
Know which Game to Play
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Now I’m gung ho to find out why the name was changed from Macri to Ferruccio?

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:01 am Now I’m gung ho to find out why the name was changed from Macri to Ferruccio?
Especially since Rocco Ferruccio was the Leader of the Italians in Canton and shot at 12 times and only 1 bullet to the Heart it was according to the paper a Blackhand War.

Thanks for all the Documents that you sent. Tremendous amount to read. We will have to take pictures and Post some of it. So people have an Idea how entrenched the Black Hand and the Mafia were here in Northeast Ohio.
Know which Game to Play
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

The first documented Black Hand case was in Hillsville, PA in 1907, the Rocco Racco group. I have complete testimony through trial transcripts. In a report by Detective Chrin of PA State Police, there were 2200 Black Hand members in the greater Pittsburgh area alone in the 1940’s. Western PA has a bigger history than Ohio but Ohio was certainly a Black Hand hotbed, one of the first major cars was that of the Lima brothers and the Banana society in the Marion, OH area. They were connected to the Banana Society of Pittsburgh. One of the more important BH cases in history. However, the topic here is of Akron. Rocco Polichena was a player in Ravenna, he married one of the sisters of the La Fatch family. He was close to Paolo “Paul” Menardi, bootlegging king of Ravenna.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofFamily wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:05 am
JCB1977 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:01 am Now I’m gung ho to find out why the name was changed from Macri to Ferruccio?
Especially since Rocco Ferruccio was the Leader of the Italians in Canton and shot at 12 times and only 1 bullet to the Heart it was according to the paper a Blackhand War.

Thanks for all the Documents that you sent. Tremendous amount to read. We will have to take pictures and Post some of it. So people have an Idea how entrenched the Black Hand and the Mafia were here in Northeast Ohio.
FOF,

I’m not interested in sharing that information with the board. If I wanted to post it, I would. I sent it to you for you to see as you and I have shared NE Ohio dialog in the past. Please don’t post documents I sent you to the board.

It’s evident that nobody on here gives a fuck about OH except for very serious researchers or people from the area (Ex: Me, you, Stroccos, FOH).

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

I’m the first to say that I respect you and FOH’s “personal experiences” with some of the fellas. I know both of you have met Pat Ferruccio on more than one occasion. You knew them on the surface but nobody really knew what was going on in their personal lives, where they come from, who they were related to, siblings, prison time, who they communicated with and how they ended up where they were. It’s invaluable to hear you and FOH about your experiences as it paints a different picture for sure. As we delve deep into their family history, it gives a much better understanding of their roots. Did Pat ever share with you or FOH his humble beginnings? His real last name? Why it was changed? Probably not. And that isn’t a knock against you or FOH, it’s just the truth. Both of your personal experiences have provided great intel. It is much appreciated. FOH opened the door for Zebo and Charlie Murgie for me. But the ancestry is of utmost importance to me because it provides the roots of how it started with them.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:33 pm Rocco Macri aka Rocco Ferruccio was born Rocco Macri and he traveled to the U.S arriving on May 16, 1903 in the Port of NY with his final destination being to Bradford, PA. His cousin Domenico Macri was listed as living in Bradford who he was going to visit. They had his “last known” residence in Delianuova, Reggio Calabria, Italy. That doesn’t mean he was born there, most likely he was born somewhere else close by. He was listed at 22 years old when he arrived, placing his birthdate in 1881.

***Pasquale “Pat” Ferruccio is also known as Pasquale Macri Ferruccio. We know the name changed sometime after 1916 (at least 13 years after Rocco’s arrival in 1903). Furthermore, Rocco very possibly could have arrived prior to 1903, as it was common for men to travel back and forth to Italy. Once I conduct further searches along with Antillar and Chris Christie, I should have an update. There is a reason he changed the last name to Ferruccio and the reason is out there...just need to find it.
Frank MIlano was accused of killing a man in bradford Pa in 1919
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

So on a related note Pat Ferruccio and his Attorney Howard Allison used to go to a place called Lucia Restaurant in Canton. Although the Restaurant has been opened in a new location by Belden Village Mall. I will post a link to an brief article about it. The old location is the one they (Pat and Howard) went to along with my wife and I. We tried the new location and some of the old recipes are OK - I just got spoiled eating Italian Food and Steak in Chicago.

https://www.cantonrep.com/x1522837656/F ... w-location

More background on the Restaurant just for kicks:

The History of Lucia’s
A Canton favorite since 1941

“The best steaks in town” was a frequently echoed phrase for 66 years at Lucia’s Restaurant and Lounge housed in the red shingled building on Mahoning Road in Canton.

And, those words ring true today in their new location at Belden Village. Yes, Lucia’s is back!

After a two-year retirement hiatus, Faith Anne Flickinger, an original owner of Lucia’s, joined forces with partner Rob Johns, to bring back “the best steaks in town,” along with their original Italian specialties and signature peppers.

Lucia’s history is rich. It can be traced back to 1941 when Faith Anne’s grandfather, Anthony Rich purchased a neighborhood bar called The Hob Nob. He started offering soups and sandwiches to the area factory workers at lunch. His daughter, Lucille, came on board and began doing more cooking. Steaks and pasta dishes arrived on the menu, as did peppers in oil and garlic.

As The Hob Nob became a more popular eatery, it soon evolved into a favorite restaurant of many. In the early 1970s, Lucille and her husband, Carl Santelli, expanded the dining area and changed the restaurant’s name to Lucia's, to honor Lucille’s paternal grandmother. Faith Anne and her brother, Carl Carpinelli, bought the popular restaurant from their aunt and uncle in the 1980s, and the restaurant continued to attract patrons from Canton and points north, south, east and west!

For nearly 70 years, generations have flocked to the well-known restaurant for their great steaks … to celebrate birthdays … anniversaries … special occasions … and in some cases, to get engaged. Stories are abundant. And in their new location, many of those stories are being told again … to a new generation of diners, brought to Lucia’s by their parents and grandparents.

The location has changed, the décor has changed, but the menu and the memories are the same. And, more memories are waiting to be made.

Owners Faith Anne Flickinger and Rob Johns welcome you to Lucia’s Steakhouse.
Know which Game to Play
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

This is what the old place looked like:
1076 Mahoning Ave NE - Google Maps.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Know which Game to Play
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

So with the MAFIA in Akron being replaced by the Drug Dealers from Mexico and setting up a record amount of METH LABS IN SUMMIT COUNTY (Akron) Ohio. See related video on this site topic under Cartels:

viewtopic.php?f=27&p=101392#p101392

Actual Video Link here:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/60033975980 ... show-clips
Know which Game to Play
Alex_727
Prospect

Post by Alex_727 »

Interesting article in the Canton Repository today. Feds are looking to seize approximately 3 million in assets from numerous individuals following last summer’s crack down on “Skill Game” parlors in Stark County, even though none of them have been charged criminally yet. Some serious money flows through these gaming parlors.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Alex_727 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:57 am Interesting article in the Canton Repository today. Feds are looking to seize approximately 3 million in assets from numerous individuals following last summer’s crack down on “Skill Game” parlors in Stark County, even though none of them have been charged criminally yet. Some serious money flows through these gaming parlors.
Yeah big money , in many cases prosucuterd take the money and you walk or get probation
So that answers the question From earlier Rocco Ferruccio is involved his bowling alley is listed
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo