Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

eboli
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by eboli »

"The Calzone" nickname makes me laugh every fucking time. It reminds me of ex-bonanno associate Peter "Pasta" Pellegrino. :lol:
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Frank wrote:
Lupara wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:07 am Prediction: there will not be a general, satisfiable consensus reached in this debate.

What incentive is there to drag on with this circle jerk? Wishful thinking in the hopes of changing people's minds or a determination to 'win' the discussion? There are certain individuals here absolutely adamant to have the final word, which goes beyond the subject at hand and has a personal touch to it.

Based on the history of this debate that has been going on for six months or so it is safe to conclude that most if not all participants have already made up their mind from the start and we're a bunch of stubborn assholes.

The only way to end this is a reaffirmation by the FBI that Buffalo mobsters are no longer in any way involved in organized crime and that there is no 'evidence' of interaction between mobsters on both sides of the border. That would mean that they consider Violi's statements dismisable, which is good enough for me to concede. But I just don't see this happening.

On the other hand, more information about the activity and interaction of mobsters in Buffalo and Southern Ontario would lend enough credence to an existing criminal enterprise. Another case made against these individuals may even convince the naysayers but there's a good change this won't happen either.

So I'll repeat the cliché, it's a never-ending circle jerk.
I never would have thought that.
I know.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

eboli wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:32 am "The Calzone" nickname makes me laugh every fucking time. It reminds me of ex-bonanno associate Peter "Pasta" Pellegrino. :lol:
Violi needs a nickname. Perhaps The Cannoli or Dom from Canada.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Lupara wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:38 am
Frank wrote:
Lupara wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:07 am Prediction: there will not be a general, satisfiable consensus reached in this debate.

What incentive is there to drag on with this circle jerk? Wishful thinking in the hopes of changing people's minds or a determination to 'win' the discussion? There are certain individuals here absolutely adamant to have the final word, which goes beyond the subject at hand and has a personal touch to it.

Based on the history of this debate that has been going on for six months or so it is safe to conclude that most if not all participants have already made up their mind from the start and we're a bunch of stubborn assholes.

The only way to end this is a reaffirmation by the FBI that Buffalo mobsters are no longer in any way involved in organized crime and that there is no 'evidence' of interaction between mobsters on both sides of the border. That would mean that they consider Violi's statements dismisable, which is good enough for me to concede. But I just don't see this happening.

On the other hand, more information about the activity and interaction of mobsters in Buffalo and Southern Ontario would lend enough credence to an existing criminal enterprise. Another case made against these individuals may even convince the naysayers but there's a good change this won't happen either.

So I'll repeat the cliché, it's a never-ending circle jerk.
I never would have thought that.
I know.
But it's still interesting to hear the opinions. I guess it boils down to what each one of us thinks constitutes a viable Family. From what I remember off hand, there still was no evidence that Joe Violi got made yet and to which Family. That in itself is interesting that he said he basically had a choice. Maybe Papalia was in the same sort of situation It seems that there was and still is some sort of overlapping of Ontario, between the Bonannos and Buffalo.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Chris Christie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:27 am So is this about right? :D

Hahahha u should photoshop a pic of Todaro and violi together as Todaro claimed to have never even met the guy
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Domenico violi probably gets called Dom, mimmo, or mico for short
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Here’s another good question. If the bonnanos still have a hand in what’s going on in Montreal and Ontario, which bonnanos in New York are calling the shots? I doubt mancuso has too much to do with it, but who knows. Is there a capo or other administration member that is in constant communication with the Canadians? If so it’s probably someone that is from Italy and speaks the language rather than a 3rd or 4th generation Italian American
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Stroccos wrote:
Chris Christie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:27 am So is this about right? :D

Hahahha u should photoshop a pic of Todaro and violi together as Todaro claimed to have never even met the guy
Better to track down the person who faked that Bigfoot sighting in the 60s. Such an expert would be capable of fooling the feds so they start to investigate Buffalo again. That way we have new content to speculate about and Pogo and WG may start to believe as well which will make us a happy family again. This war is too much interfering with business and it needs to end.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:58 am Here’s another good question. If the bonnanos still have a hand in what’s going on in Montreal and Ontario, which bonnanos in New York are calling the shots? I doubt mancuso has too much to do with it, but who knows. Is there a capo or other administration member that is in constant communication with the Canadians? If so it’s probably someone that is from Italy and speaks the language rather than a 3rd or 4th generation Italian American
mancuso is the boss, he sure knows what's happening in montreal
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

The boss or acting boss as of late surely knows what going on, but I’m curious to is who is the liaison(s) to Canada, like gerlando Scascia was
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:58 am Here’s another good question. If the bonnanos still have a hand in what’s going on in Montreal and Ontario, which bonnanos in New York are calling the shots? I doubt mancuso has too much to do with it, but who knows. Is there a capo or other administration member that is in constant communication with the Canadians? If so it’s probably someone that is from Italy and speaks the language rather than a 3rd or 4th generation Italian American
Yes, I read a couple of years ago that Mancuso was keeping an eye on the Canadian situation. Are you saying who is the new Sciacca.?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Hasn't it already come out or known that Papalia was up in Montreal early in his career, I believe under Cotroni. Maybe he has been misidentified as being Buffalo.Maybe he was one of the men that Joe Bonanno had in Ontario.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:32 am The boss or acting boss as of late surely knows what going on, but I’m curious to is who is the liaison(s) to Canada, like gerlando Scascia was
Could it be Zummo or who ever he was acting for.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Ya I was thinking zummo as well, but there has to be others as well. Anyone know who zummo was acting capo for?
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Frank wrote:Hasn't it already come out or known that Papalia was up in Montreal early in his career, I believe under Cotroni. Maybe he has been misidentified as being Buffalo.Maybe he was one of the men that Joe Bonanno had in Ontario.
What's interesting is that Cotroni was in a position to threaten to kill Papalia who in turn acknowledged that he knew Cotroni was capable of doing so. So he was for whatever reason subservient to Montreal. It's strange that a capo from another family could threaten a member of a different family. But I thought the feds had him listed as a Buffalo member. If that is misbelief on my part, feel free to let me know.