Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:01 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:12 pmLooks like they got all these guys on tape explicitly talking about crimes. They even have Russo himself talking about business on a phone (presumably his home phone). Christ these mongoloids never learn. So the entire administration and about half the captains are going down for a 10 grand a month racket which they couldn't stop talking about on wires and phone taps. :lol:
In addition to the $10,000 a month they were taking out of the health fund, they were also influencing the local's management and vendors to make decisions or contracts that benefited the Colombos. They were also shaking down the top union guy for part of his salary. Pretty much everything Esposito and the Genovese were doing with UFCW Local 2D.

Strangely enough, it's almost like many of these guys have decided the convenience of using their phone is worth the risks.

Unless I am reading it wrong it sounds like the various extortions (the 'efforts' were aimed at generating) were included in the 10 grand total. Though reading it again the 10 grand a month was just the cut for the administration.

The investigation revealed that the collection of salary payments from Labor Union personnel was only one facet of a broader plan to take total control of the Labor Union and more lucrative Health Fund. This broader plan included forcing John Doe #1 and others at the Labor Union and Health Fund to make decisions that benefitted the Colombo crime family, including to select vendors for contracts who were associated with the Colombo crime family. The efforts were aimed at generating a $10,000 or greater monthly kickback to the administration of the Colombo crime family from the Health Fund’s asset. To carry out the extortion, the defendants have also targeted employees of the Labor Union and Health Fund, as well as a Health Fund consultant.

Ivan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:07 pm I'm with Pogo and Wiseguy on the demographics thing. The New York mob is going to massively change between now and 2050 as the guys born between 1930~1970 die off. Will be fascinating to watch.

Yes we are already starting to see this starting with the Gambinos. In this decade we will see a massive turnover in the 5 families.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Considering how it’s a construction local I’m pretty sure they where doing to classic steering of contracts to mob companies, skimming etc than just the 10k a month

It looks like this indictment is purely about the healthcare fraud also.

These Riciardi guys are fucking buried. They got one talking about killing cooperating witnesses and the other was the one carrying out the extortion.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Skinny Teddy will get out of prison in 2029. By 2030 he will get indicted again and get 10 more made guys arrested too. I really do not understand why LCN members keep doing crimes with him. He's the worst criminal.

I remember reading that Joey Massino once criticized Rusty Rastelli. He said something like "How smart can Rusty be. He's always getting arrested and in jail all the time."

That is Skinny Ted: the worst criminal in modern day LCN.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:02 pm Lets hope we get a good GL out of this.
No way. Frank Locascio’s peach tree.
A prosecutor died
Pennissi said something contradictory on his podcast than from his testimony
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Andy russo is loaded and hes done alot of time 10yrs in the 80tys get out for a few 10 more in the mid 90tys couple more for parole shit then 4more in 2012 now hes dying in the can
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:40 pm Andy russo is loaded and hes done alot of time 10yrs in the 80tys get out for a few 10 more in the mid 90tys couple more for parole shit then 4more in 2012 now hes dying in the can
"I can't walk away. I can't rest."
All roads lead to New York.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

so Russo was hoping to go from the hospital to home confinement, huh. and the judge wants him to hit federal detention while his lawyer challenges the bail memo. Wonder if its a coincidence he was there when the indictment dropped. all of this is doubtful but If his lawyer hurries up with the memo, and the hospital lets him stay, and he intends to take the case to trial...he could potentially never even see prison. just stay on home confinement until he dies
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:04 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:01 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:12 pmLooks like they got all these guys on tape explicitly talking about crimes. They even have Russo himself talking about business on a phone (presumably his home phone). Christ these mongoloids never learn. So the entire administration and about half the captains are going down for a 10 grand a month racket which they couldn't stop talking about on wires and phone taps. :lol:
In addition to the $10,000 a month they were taking out of the health fund, they were also influencing the local's management and vendors to make decisions or contracts that benefited the Colombos. They were also shaking down the top union guy for part of his salary. Pretty much everything Esposito and the Genovese were doing with UFCW Local 2D.

Strangely enough, it's almost like many of these guys have decided the convenience of using their phone is worth the risks.

Unless I am reading it wrong it sounds like the various extortions (the 'efforts' were aimed at generating) were included in the 10 grand total. Though reading it again the 10 grand a month was just the cut for the administration.

The investigation revealed that the collection of salary payments from Labor Union personnel was only one facet of a broader plan to take total control of the Labor Union and more lucrative Health Fund. This broader plan included forcing John Doe #1 and others at the Labor Union and Health Fund to make decisions that benefitted the Colombo crime family, including to select vendors for contracts who were associated with the Colombo crime family. The efforts were aimed at generating a $10,000 or greater monthly kickback to the administration of the Colombo crime family from the Health Fund’s asset. To carry out the extortion, the defendants have also targeted employees of the Labor Union and Health Fund, as well as a Health Fund consultant.

Ivan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:07 pm I'm with Pogo and Wiseguy on the demographics thing. The New York mob is going to massively change between now and 2050 as the guys born between 1930~1970 die off. Will be fascinating to watch.

Yes we are already starting to see this starting with the Gambinos. In this decade we will see a massive turnover in the 5 families.

Pogo
I’m curious how much the old timers even care about “the life” existing after they pass. Some of them may want to make sure it’s still thriving after they are gone but my guess is most don’t give a shit.

I also wonder how much trouble the Genovese have with finding young recruits. They hardly take any pinches and when they do, the time seems to be relatively short. Plus, it’s the “Ivy League”. If *they* are having trouble finding dudes, that’s probably not a good sign for the other families.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Ryan98366 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:12 pm Skinny Teddy will get out of prison in 2029. By 2030 he will get indicted again and get 10 more made guys arrested too. I really do not understand why LCN members keep doing crimes with him. He's the worst criminal.

I remember reading that Joey Massino once criticized Rusty Rastelli. He said something like "How smart can Rusty be. He's always getting arrested and in jail all the time."

That is Skinny Ted: the worst criminal in modern day LCN.
Could you imagine being in the Colombos when he gets out? You'd have to avoid him like the plague. Six feet apart at least, Ted....covid.
Shellackhead wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:51 pm Someone posted here a while ago as soon as Teddy jr got out of jail, he and his cousins opened up a foreign car rental place. I followed her on ig, she deactivated it.
I believe he bought Carmine Persico's house during this short stint of freedom.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:20 pm I'm still trying to figure out what union it is. There are well over a dozen possibilities but a few more likely than the rest...

LIUNA Local 6A - long history of Colombo control, but goes way past 2001 when infiltration of the union in indictment reportedly began.

LIUNA Local 20 - another Laborers cement and concrete local.

Operating Engineers Local 14 - Colombo control of this local was in a 2003 indictment but court-appointed officers were supposed to have taken over.

Bricklayers Local 7, Electrical Workers Local 3, Elevator Constructors Local 1, LIUNA Local 731, LIUNA Local 1010, Plumbers Local 1, and Steamfitters Local 638 have had all had past mob involvement but it was other families.
Local 621 of the United Construction Trades and Industrial Employees Union
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Teddy P has bad luck. But be doesn't take it out on anybody else. He does his time
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

The thing about the health insurance I'm in a construction union and I don't understand how you siphon money from the Healthcare fund. We have health insurance cards and when something is wrong we go to the doctors and the insurer pays them. How do they siphon money From that?
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:47 am The thing about the health insurance I'm in a construction union and I don't understand how you siphon money from the Healthcare fund. We have health insurance cards and when something is wrong we go to the doctors and the insurer pays them. How do they siphon money From that?
Prosecutors said crime family members pressured the union to steer health plan business to pals
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

Screwing over the working man who goes to work every day while these dirtballs lay around scheming how to rip people off...
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:37 am
Rocco wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:33 am
Dave65827 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:36 am Huge. It looks like it might tie in to Thomas Fareses recent arrest
Why do you say that? Farese is a FL was a never a NY guy. He got busted in a FL fraud case. the NY case is centered around a NY Union Local.? They don't appear to be related at all. ?
I think that was the first speculation because when the news broke, all the articles just mentioned healthcare fraud in connection to a union benefit fund. Farese got busted in a healthcare fraud case too, so its fair to assume they were related. Obviously once more details started to trickle in, it became clear they were quite separate.
totally different scam. NY is Union Based. Farese has always been a FL guy. He got in with the colomobos while doing prison time in FL in the the 70s or 80s for Cocaine trafficking and money laundering. He met a Colombo Capo in prison started laundering money for him. . He has zero ties to NY other then his Wife whom he met in FL...he is married to Allie Boy's(Carmines deceased brothers kid) Daughter Suzanne.