Gambino 1870-2014

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Gambino 1870-2014

Post by B. »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:49 am Technically, apart from a bit of City Island, no house in the Bronx overlooks Pelham Bay (Pelham Bay itself is basically Orchard Beach). The only other “bay” (scare quotes because as with Pelham it’s technically not a bay) in the Bronx is Eastchester Bay, which is between City Island and Country Club/Throggs Neck. Let me know if you find the address I’d be very keen to know.
Just went back and looked at what I have, and my memory was wrong -- I never found an address for when he lived in the Bronx area.

It was his Fort Lee home that closely matched the description of the home Bill Bonanno mentioned in Pelham. The Fort Lee home was very large, overlooked the Hudson River, and was on a dead end. Maybe he confused the location and body of water.

The Chiris lived in Yonkers before New Jersey. No indication they ever lived near Pelham Bay which adds doubt to Bonanno's memory along with it being unlikely he had an NY home that matched his Fort Lee home so closely.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

B. wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:30 am
PolackTony wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:49 am Technically, apart from a bit of City Island, no house in the Bronx overlooks Pelham Bay (Pelham Bay itself is basically Orchard Beach). The only other “bay” (scare quotes because as with Pelham it’s technically not a bay) in the Bronx is Eastchester Bay, which is between City Island and Country Club/Throggs Neck. Let me know if you find the address I’d be very keen to know.
Just went back and looked at what I have, and my memory was wrong -- I never found an address for when he lived in the Bronx area.

It was his Fort Lee home that closely matched the description of the home Bill Bonanno mentioned in Pelham. The Fort Lee home was very large, overlooked the Hudson River, and was on a dead end. Maybe he confused the location and body of water.

The Chiris lived in Yonkers before New Jersey. No indication they ever lived near Pelham Bay which adds doubt to Bonanno's memory along with it being unlikely he had an NY home that matched his Fort Lee home so closely.
He lived at 3172 Rochambeau Ave., Bronx in 1930.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Thanks, man. Doesn't even remotely match the location described by Bill, so another indication he may have been thinking of the Fort Lee home.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:23 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:20 am I had him as well as a Salvatore Chirico as possible underbosses in 1931. Is this an error? Was Chirico suspected of being Underboss in 1931 and again in 1951?
I'm not aware of Chirico being an underboss in 1931. Anastasia was Mangano's underboss. James Le Pore, I believe, was Scalise's underboss.
Another doc I found has Valachi saying that Jimmy LePore (Jimmy Marino) was a caporegime.