5 Family's Making Ceremonies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Re: 5 Family's Making Ceremonies

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Good old real deal. Yeah small army sounds familiar.

But on serious note , did crea have someone he was schooling / grooming , did him and Madonna make few guys? I don’t thing anything was said in the Indictment about it ....
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:16 pm
Mikeymike12 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:07 pm Didn’t Crea have a bunch of young guys around him?

That was what that idiot Frank C used to say on the RD to try and sound connected.

Pogo
Ugh don’t remind me! That guy would drive me nuts!!
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo the Clown wrote:Mid April 1986: (Funeral of Frank DeCicco)
Peter Gotti

1986: (Some of these could have been in the Mid April Ceremony)
Arnold “Zeke” Squitieri
Alphonse “Funzie” Sisca
Joseph “Joey Cigars” Francolino
Louis “Big Lou” Vallario
Edward “Eddie” Lino
Carmine “Top Tomato” Scaindra
Anthony “Tony Pep” Trentacosta
(Separate ceremony)
Joseph “Old Man Joe” Paruta (Sponsored by Sammy Gravano)
Tally's Bar and Grill on 18th Avenue Brooklyn was reported by a CI to be the site of a "recent" Gambino induction ceremony around July 1986 where ten new members were inducted. Tally's was Gravano's restaurant and a main hangout for his crew. I suspect many of those you listed were made in that ceremony.
richard_belding
Straightened out

Post by richard_belding »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:39 am

1988: (Some of these guys could have been in the December ceremony)
Lawrence “Larry Monk” Micciolo
Joseph “Legs” Legrano
Robert D’Onofrio
Vincent Cascio
FNU “Slatz” LNU

December 1988:
Michael Sessa
Henry "Hank the Bank" Smurra (Could be 1989)

Like you mentioned the possibility, Vincent "Shwartzie" Cascio was inducted in the same December ceremony as Michael Sessa in 1988 at Tommy Ocera's Merrick, Long Island restaurant
Dante
Honorary Member

Post by Dante »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:57 pm
Mikeymike12 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:07 pm Didn’t Crea have a bunch of young guys around him?

That was what that idiot Frank C used to say on the RD to try and sound connected.

Pogo
"Crea has a small army of young guys up in the Bronx. "

Frank C must have said that at least a half dozen times.
Frank C was like a robot that had a bunch of prepared statements loaded into him that he’d come out with when he heard certain keywords, names or phrases.

“Crea has an army of kids around him up in Westchester.”
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:58 pm How can Massino credibly tell the judge he does not know
Mikey Noses' actual name? It was his captain!
Massino was never a BX guy. FBI agents who started the case against him also said he would only meet with a select few people, and never got together in big groups.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Not that surprising. A lot of these guy's only know each other by their first names or their nicknames. Vinny Palermo testified that he didn't know Stefano Vitabiles last name even though he had known him for almost thirty years and Vitabile was the Consigliere. In Donnie Brasco Pistone talked about how it was years before he and Benny Ruggiero learned each others last name (he knew of couse as a Fed).

Mancuso was a Soldier while Massino was on the street. So he would have been 1 of over a 100. Massino would have had little to no contact with him.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:57 pm

Pogo
"Crea has a small army of young guys up in the Bronx. "

Frank C must have said that at least a half dozen times.
i gotta say, when the indictment came out and we saw how involved and violent guys like Cassano, Bruno, Londonio and even Crea's son were...and the pot conspiracy with all the younger Bronx guys...the first thing that popped into my head was the Frank C quote lol
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

For the Colombo family, we can add Jerome 'Fat Jerry' Ciauri, inducted in 2013, and Vito/Victor 'the Mask' DiFalco, inducted in 2016.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks. Do you recall when this info came out? I missed it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:15 pm Thanks. Do you recall when this info came out? I missed it.

Pogo
Latest GL.

I found it interesting that the Colombos still have plenty of unmade associates in their late 50’s and beyond. You would assume that with a perceived lack of depth that there would not be any willing but unmade associates at such an age.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks. I had only skimmed GL earier.

Pogo
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:58 pm How can Massino credibly tell the judge he does not know
Mikey Noses' actual name? It was his captain!
It provides a level of anonymity hence it's taboo to be in the streets and ask for someones last name. Pretty much every nationality operates this way even the moolies.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:21 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:15 pm Thanks. Do you recall when this info came out? I missed it.

Pogo
Latest GL.

I found it interesting that the Colombos still have plenty of unmade associates in their late 50’s and beyond. You would assume that with a perceived lack of depth that there would not be any willing but unmade associates at such an age.
Exactly. There still seems to be a big backlog of guys that haven't been made due to the enforced hiatus from 1991-2000. Vito was 60 when he was made. Carmine Baudanza, Vinny Manzo & Luca DImatteo were in their 60s too.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:08 pm
There still seems to be a big backlog of guys that haven't been made due to the enforced hiatus from 1991-2000.
I doubt the reason these guys weren't made earlier was because a 9 year hiatus took place 20 years ago.