Skinny Joey

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Skinny Joey

Post by B. »

My understanding is Scott previously published that the NYC Families were putting pressure on Merlino and Philly over the podcast.

I "heard" the same thing independent of him a while back as well. Nothing specifically about being shelved or taken down, but it was certainly implied that the Genovese and Gambino Families saw his behavior as a disgrace to Cosa Nostra and we know what that entails. What I was told (I know who the original "source" was, who is 100% in a position to know, but I myself am not in touch with them) is that after the release of the podcast NYC Families were instructing members not to meet with Merlino or have anything to do with him.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:09 pm My understanding is Scott previously published that the NYC Families were putting pressure on Merlino and Philly over the podcast.
He's posted about it many times starting from about February.

https://gangsterreport.com/joeys-pals-n ... mediately/
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Let me get the math right:
Merlino starts a Podcast, Burnstein 'reports' people are unhappy with him.....and this is laurels and sanctimony?
Reporting on the blindingly obvious isn't a scoop Scott.

Wiseguy had a great post. 9/10 of your posts are bullshit. One blind squirrel finds a nut and you act like you're proposed. It's so dumb. To reiterate peeps are surprised when Jerry gets it wrong. People are surprised when you get one right.

Keep us in touch on the empire.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Did he just call himself the recognized number 1 crime reporter in America? Man that is classic. :lol:

Now let’s get back to other Philly scoops like Merlino’s fabricated dialogue with Nicodemo or John Ciancaglini being UnderBoss and
Faffy Iannarella being the Consigliere (the later scoops falling into the memory hole when the Persiano tapes came out).

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.