Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:
Confederate wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:29 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:08 pm What kind if message does it send if the Gambinos don’t retaliate? I’m sure the family is eager to get revenge and a good majority of the mobsters are sociopaths. So I’d predict the family gets even in some violent manner.
The same message that is sent when Informants who make television appearances and write books walk around free "untouched". This isn't 1979.
This.

For all the folks who think the Bino’s HAVE to act, look at every informant in the past four decades.
That is absolutely apples and oranges. Killing a (under)boss (I think he was effectively running things) is imo a bigger blow than an informant, especially done by an outsider. Not to mention that the Inzerillos are cut out of different wood than the American mobsters.

Poster felice is convinced they will retaliate and he is probably the most well informed member about the Cali-Inzerillo-Gambino connection.

I think they will have their revenge and you think they won't. I'm not sure whether we'll ever know for sure who will be right as there is no timeline for revenge as long as the actors are still alive. It may take as long as 20 years or it could happen within a year from now.

And for what it's worth, the Gambinos were looking to kill Gravano for some time but continuing to be in the spotlights on television may have saved his ass. Nobody gives a shit about this Comello (Gravano was far more significant hence killing him would lead to a bigger media spectacle and put pressure on the feds to act).

bingo
Honorary Member

Post by bingo »

Lupara wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:35 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote:
Confederate wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:29 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:08 pm What kind if message does it send if the Gambinos don’t retaliate? I’m sure the family is eager to get revenge and a good majority of the mobsters are sociopaths. So I’d predict the family gets even in some violent manner.
The same message that is sent when Informants who make television appearances and write books walk around free "untouched". This isn't 1979.
This.

For all the folks who think the Bino’s HAVE to act, look at every informant in the past four decades.
That is absolutely apples and oranges. Killing a (under)boss (I think he was effectively running things) is imo a bigger blow than an informant, especially done by an outsider. Not to mention that the Inzerillos are cut out of different wood than the American mobsters.

Poster felice is convinced they will retaliate and he is probably the most well informed member about the Cali-Inzerillo-Gambino connection.

I think they will have their revenge and you think they won't. I'm not sure whether we'll ever know for sure who will be right as there is no timeline for revenge as long as the actors are still alive. It may take as long as 20 years or it could happen within a year from now.

And for what it's worth, the Gambinos were looking to kill Gravano for some time but continuing to be in the spotlights on television may have saved his ass. Nobody gives a shit about this Comello (Gravano was far more significant hence killing him would lead to a bigger media spectacle and put pressure on the feds to act).
Boy, that Lupara sure is one intelligent fellow. There is a lot going on under the hood over there. :ugeek:
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

Lots of suspicious new accounts popping up over here lately. [emoji9]

Must be the neighborhood guys. ;)
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Lupara wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:53 pm Lots of suspicious new accounts popping up over here lately. [emoji9]

Lol
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
bingo
Honorary Member

Post by bingo »

Lupara wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:53 pm Lots of suspicious new accounts popping up over here lately. [emoji9]

One of us is being followed. :o
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

@Lupara: How is killing an UB different from sending a boss away for life? Or sending twenty guys away?

Do you think the mob would ‘respect’ a guy more for ratting and sending twenty guys away for life than some clear nut job who clips one guy?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:@Lupara: How is killing an UB different from sending a boss away for life? Or sending twenty guys away?

Do you think the mob would ‘respect’ a guy more for ratting and sending twenty guys away for life than some clear nut job who clips one guy?
They did put out a contract on Gravano and were looking to kill him. But like I said he remained in the spotlights and killing him would attract a lot of media attention. Besides that even more importantly, Gravano was a far more important asset to the feds than this nutjob kid who has nothing to offer. If I remember correctly they even used him as a witness against Massino years later. So if Gravano was killed it would be a symbolic blow to the feds at a time when they were already going full force against the mob. Yet for a time the Gambinos were still trying to track him down.

Why the feds and NYPD care so much about protecting this lunatic who would potentially want to harm the mayor and Nancy Pelosi beats me. I think protecting him for now is just for show as they are officially obligated to, but at some point he'll be forgotten and on his own, and then some inmate will collect the contract on behalf of the Gambinos. I'm sure this will happen 100% but it may very well take years.

As for the family, I'm far from sure they will become a victim of retaliation but it wouldn't suprise me either. And I don't see it happening anytime soon. If they are put in witsec they'll obviously not get to them and they'll also not bother trying to.

Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Lupara wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:08 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote:@Lupara: How is killing an UB different from sending a boss away for life? Or sending twenty guys away?

They did put out a contract on Gravano and were looking to kill him. But like I said he remained in the spotlights and killing him would attract a lot of media attention. Besides that even more importantly, Gravano was a far more important asset to the feds than this nutjob kid who has nothing to offer. If I remember correctly they even used him as a witness against Massino years later. So if Gravano was killed it would be a symbolic blow to the feds at a time when they were already going full force against the mob. Yet for a time the Gambinos were still trying to track him down.

Why the feds and NYPD care so much about protecting this lunatic who would potentially want to harm the mayor and Nancy Pelosi beats me. I think protecting him for now is just for show as they are officially obligated to, but at some point he'll be forgotten and on his own, and then some inmate will collect the contract on behalf of the Gambinos. I'm sure this will happen 100% but it may very well take years.

As for the family, I'm far from sure they will become a victim of retaliation but it wouldn't suprise me either. And I don't see it happening anytime soon. If they are put in witsec they'll obviously not get to them and they'll also not bother trying to.
Yes that is one of the charges Peter Gotti was convicted of. Ordering the hit of Gravano.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:34 pm @Lupara: How is killing an UB different from sending a boss away for life? Or sending twenty guys away?

100% Correct. In fact, a made guy who took an oath and ratted out 20 guys that went to prison but still walks around free untouched making television appearances, writing books and signing autographs is actually much worse than a random nutcase killing a made guy (even an underboss) over a personal matter OUTSIDE of business in my opinion.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Gambinos hire some bloods or some other type of street gang to smoke one of Comello’s relatives. Cali has relatives in the Gambinos and im sure they’d love to get revenge.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

U reckon Calis relatives are just gonna walk around the Bronx in red clothes until a Blood comes up and strikes conversation?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:41 am U reckon Calis relatives are just gonna walk around the Bronx in red clothes until a Blood comes up and strikes conversation?
:lol:
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:41 am U reckon Calis relatives are just gonna walk around the Bronx in red clothes until a Blood comes up and strikes conversation?
:lol: In all seriousness, several recent cases show the mob reaching out to lower level gangs/ organizations to commit murders. Such as Sal Delligatti and Charles Stagno.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

slimshady_007 wrote:
[emoji38] In all seriousness, several recent cases show the mob reaching out to lower level gangs/ organizations to commit murders. Such as Sal Delligatti and Charles Stagno.
Yeah it's very common. Obviously the Gambinos have some ties to the bloods and other street gangs.
nowandlater
On Record

Post by nowandlater »

Unless there was a postponement, Comello (or at least his attorney) is scheduled to supposed to appear in court today (04/24).