First look at ‘Sopranos’ prequel…

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: First look at ‘Sopranos’ prequel…

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:49 am
PolackTony wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:34 pm Before the pandemic hit, I met an Italian dude out in Union, NJ who told me that he played a bit part in the movie, which he described as an “Italian racist” during one of the riot scenes.
To be fair every character in the original series played an "Italian racist" haha.

I turn movies and TV off these days the second I notice them forcing an agenda. These days it's hard to watch anything for that reason.

I'm fine with storylines about race and politics if it feels natural. The Sopranos was great at it until the Vito storyline. The Noah storyline was perfect... Tony acted like a piece of shit, but you end up hating Noah not because he's black and Jewish but because he's an unbearable college boy.
Yeah I haven't gotten into anything new since about 2010. Everything since then, unless it was made by some older man like Scorsese, has been weird and alienating. And apart from everything else the nonstop progressive activism shoehorned into everything is phenomenally boring.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Ivan wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:43 am
PolackTony wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:34 pm Before the pandemic hit, I met an Italian dude out in Union, NJ who told me that he played a bit part in the movie, which he described as an “Italian racist” during one of the riot scenes.
To be fair every character in the original series played an "Italian racist" haha.

I turn movies and TV off these days the second I notice them forcing an agenda. These days it's hard to watch anything for that reason.

I'm fine with storylines about race and politics if it feels natural. The Sopranos was great at it until the Vito storyline. The Noah storyline was perfect... Tony acted like a piece of shit, but you end up hating Noah not because he's black and Jewish but because he's an unbearable college boy.
Yeah I haven't gotten into anything new since about 2010. Everything since then, unless it was made by some older man like Scorsese, has been weird and alienating. And apart from everything else the nonstop progressive activism shoehorned into everything is phenomenally boring.
I totally agree. Fucking wokeness ruined everything.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

It looks amazing, I'm really looking forward to watching it :D
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Ivan wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:43 am

The woke factory of Hollywood, where every actor walks by thousands of homeless everyday, while pointing their finger at the excesses of society. Lol. What a bunch of fucking clowns. I understand you want to touch on topics that are touchy in today's world, but don't we get enough of that from the actual news? Im not saying having this kind of message is bad, but at the end of the day we just want to leave the real world issues at the door for 30-60 minutes and watch some entertaining television. Honest truth, not everything needs a message. A movie or tv show here and there with a sociological message? Okay. But not every movie and tv show needs one. Wokeness ruined entertainment. The PC shit ruined comedy. They could never make movie like Old School, Step Brothers or There's Something About Mary today.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

David Chase looks like Paul Ricca.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

A friend of mine was invited to an early screening in LA a few months ago. He spoiled nothing for me, but said he really disliked the riot scenes.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Can it even be spoiled when we all know how it is going to turn out?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Nick Prango wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:37 pm The PC shit ruined comedy. They could never make movie like Old School, Step Brothers or There's Something About Mary today.
Couldnt agree more.

Even Jerry has said fucking Sienfeld couldnt be made today.

Seinfeld for chrissakes.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:17 am
Nick Prango wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:37 pm The PC shit ruined comedy. They could never make movie like Old School, Step Brothers or There's Something About Mary today.
Couldnt agree more.

Seinfeld for chrissakes.
A show about 4 white people who are all straight. Every actual group would complain and it would be cancelled before the pilot episode :lol:
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Couldnt agree more.

Seinfeld for chrissakes.
The Tim Whatley "date rape" Dentist subplot in the era of "MeToo". Twittards who specialize in the Outrage Olympics would have lost their minds.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Nick Prango wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:27 am
Couldnt agree more.

Seinfeld for chrissakes.
A show about 4 white people who are all straight. Every actual group would complain and it would be cancelled before the pilot episode :lol:
I don't know, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia focuses on five straight, white people and is about as non-PC as anything on the air, now.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

B. wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:49 amI'm fine with storylines about race and politics if it feels natural. The Sopranos was great at it until the Vito storyline. The Noah storyline was perfect... Tony acted like a piece of shit, but you end up hating Noah not because he's black and Jewish but because he's an unbearable college boy.
See, your little friend didn't do you any favors by bringing you into this house. I don't know what the fuck she was thinking but we'll get to that later.
All roads lead to New York.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Snakes wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:53 pm
Couldnt agree more.

Seinfeld for chrissakes.
I don't know, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia focuses on five straight, white people and is about as non-PC as anything on the air, now.
I have never watched that show. Is it worth watching?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Couldnt agree more.

Seinfeld for chrissakes.
We’ll, the straight part isn’t really true, as in later seasons they decided to suddenly make Mac gay. This always felt forced and cheap to me, because in earlier seasons Mac was a pretty straightforward meathead wannabe to Dennis’s creepy player persona. I thought Mac was way funnier when he was obsessed with older women due to his emotionally distant mother. Even when he was dating “the tranny” this was never spun as him being gay (he was grossed out by the penis), but rather just desperate for attention and sex.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Nick Prango wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:46 pm
Couldnt agree more.

Seinfeld for chrissakes.
I have never watched that show. Is it worth watching?
I think the earlier seasons are hilarious. As with many shows, it gets kinda goofy and silly later on, as the characters become sort of one dimensional caricatures of themselves.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”