Trial of Dominico Scarfo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Trial of Dominico Scarfo

Post by CabriniGreen »

Or at least an Ndrine..... I'm thinking Miriarchis?

Possibly a Montreal Ndrine under the Ursinos locale?
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

I highly doubt there is an 'ndrina in Montreal.

That there are very probably members, that's already been seen like Vincenzo Melia and probably others back in the days so why not, but that a cell I don't believe in it, or at least I don't 've never seen or read anything to indicate there ever was one
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:45 am Or at least an Ndrine..... I'm thinking Miriarchis?

is not Mirarchi close to Desjardins and Di Maulo? i doubt he is a 'ndrangheta member
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

scagghiuni wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:29 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:45 am Or at least an Ndrine..... I'm thinking Miriarchis?

is not Mirarchi close to Desjardins and Di Maulo? i doubt he is a 'ndrangheta member
Yes he was a protegee of Desjardins and was involved in the murder of Montagna. Desjardins was the brother in law of Di Maulo and it seems that Di Maulo wasn't Calabrian but from Campobasso (Region of Molise, it's above the Puglia area). Anyway I doubt it too for Mirachi
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I suppose the main issue with the 'Ndrangheta information is that it comes from the cooperator who appears to have had a limited understanding of what was going on, and in addition to that we don't know what exactly he said but instead have to rely on news articles relaying the story. Did the informant testify that Mirarchi was in the 'Ndrangheta or did he just say he was a Calabrian gangster and the news coverage make the leap? If he did, how did he learn it? If Scarfo told him about his own 'Ndrangheta membership, was he telling the truth? Did he just say he was Calabrese and the informant misinterpreted it?
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

motorfab wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:28 am
scagghiuni wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:29 am Is not Mirarchi close to Desjardins and Di Maulo? i doubt he is a 'ndrangheta member
Yes he was a protegee of Desjardins and was involved in the murder of Montagna. Desjardins was the brother in law of Di Maulo and it seems that Di Maulo wasn't Calabrian but from Campobasso (Region of Molise, it's above the Puglia area). Anyway I doubt it too for Mirachi

To add to this, I remember reading that Desjardins and Mirarchi had a falling out at the time of their trial.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Bro.... He fell out with Dejardins, the crew all went with him, and DiMaulo is dead, and imo quite a bit overrated as far as his influence was concerned.....
PogueMahone
Straightened out

Post by PogueMahone »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:26 pm

Bro.... He fell out with Dejardins, the crew all went with him, and DiMaulo is dead, and imo quite a bit overrated as far as his influence was concerned.....
Are you saying Mirarchi’s influence is overrated? Or Desjardins?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

PogueMahone wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:43 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:26 pm

Are you saying Mirarchi’s influence is overrated? Or Desjardins?
I meant Di Maulo.... Miriarchi according to The Source seems pretty independent.

For the record, I dont think theres Ndrangheta present in Montreal that is formally recognized. Miriarchi is an enigma.....

The whole thing with the Bonavonta locale, the fact that it wasnt until 2012 that it obtained formal recognition from Calabria, ( which seems to be VERY CURIOUS timing in reguards to all these Canadian events..) had me wondering if they are the upstart, emerging clan moving into Ontario. They operate outside of the Crimine in Vibo, and they also operate outside the Crimine in Toronto. Did THEY move on the Musitanos? Who knows.....

Until something new comes out, I want to agree with Antimafia that the Siderno group wasnt involved.
The Marina Gioiosa people like the Collucios and Bruzzese seem to have been pretty firm allies of the Rizzutos. That kinda leaves the Gioiosa/ Ursino people, and whomever controls Thunder Bay, I forget...

Who would Miriarchi, IF hes Ndrangheta, be under? Would he have his own ndrine under a locale? His own locale? That would seem to need authorization from Calabria though... right?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Rocco Sollecito's killers waited for him for an hour
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... -heure.php
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Man accused of killing Montreal Mafia leaders said he wanted 'power' after slayings
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... r-slayings
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Is the unnamed witness currently testifying in this trial the same person who testified against Marie Viau & Guy Dion?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Yes
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

"I like to appear behind the person"
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... rsonne.php
At some point, Scarfo recounts that his great-grandfather was in the Ndrangheta.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Montreal Mafia murder trial: Secret recordings paint picture of deadly scene

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... adly-scene