NJ.com supposedly did an expose of sorts on "The Claw"

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: NJ.com supposedly did an expose of sorts on "The Claw"

Post by Tonyd621 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:24 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:20 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:48 am Do the Persico's still own a large estate upstate NY?
Saugerties, NY
Cheers.

They still own it?
As far I know, one of their buildings is a visitor center for the town.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

How the he did he end up all the way down in Manahawkin? It’s close to LBI but LBI isn’t Guido at all….LBI is beautiful but very WASPy and White Collar, crazy this guy ended up down in Manahawkin!!

Manahawkin is a South Jersey hillbilly piney town with not many Italians, blows my mind…

-Dante
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:47 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:24 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:20 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:48 am Do the Persico's still own a large estate upstate NY?
Saugerties, NY
Cheers.

They still own it?
As far I know, one of their buildings is a visitor center for the town.
I heard Teddy bought Carmine's house when got out of prison.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Have have much property in Staten Island
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

I understood that the bankruptcy, financial difficulties of the Claw and his wife are just tinsel or a cover from law enforcement. I was told that he was an underground millionaire and he was trying to put someone from his family on the head of the locale
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Nurzhamba wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:00 pm I understood that the bankruptcy, financial difficulties of the Claw and his wife are just tinsel or a cover from law enforcement. I was told that he was an underground millionaire and he was trying to put someone from his family on the head of the locale
Are you being sarcastic?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:27 am
Nurzhamba wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:00 pm I understood that the bankruptcy, financial difficulties of the Claw and his wife are just tinsel or a cover from law enforcement. I was told that he was an underground millionaire and he was trying to put someone from his family on the head of the locale
Are you being sarcastic?
I don't believe he lived in the trailer park, at least not full-time. His defense used his registered property in South Jersey to contend that Castellazzo was broke and didn't have any assets. I doubt he's an underground millionaire, but he operated various social clubs and gambling operations throughout South Brooklyn at the same time that he was living in this supposed trailer park. He was also the underboss of the family, and shown to be a very "hands-on" administrator in the sense that he was constantly attending sit-downs and meetings. That's allegedly how he got the nickname "The Claw," because he always found a way to claw his way into underlings' rackets. Considering he was in South Brooklyn every day, I doubt he was making the 1.5-2 hour drive from the trailer park every day. Also, surveillance from the Torrese Social Club, which was investigated from 1998-2000, showed that Castellazzo was there until very late at night. Highly unlikely that he was driving back to the trailer park, but maybe I'm underestimating him.

Let's not to mention, the guy was also doing pretty well for himself. Off the top of my head, I recall that he was in charge of craps games, card games and sports betting in Gravesend throughout the late 1990s until his arrest in 2000. That investigation was centered around the Torrese Social Club, and others like the Wrong Number Bar (IIRC), that were hosting multiple gambling games a week. Then, after his release from prison in 2002, he was right back in the mix, and Gang Land News reported that he had taken over many of Joe Cacace's operations after Cacace's arrest.

Then, with his rise to underboss, he allegedly muscled into various rackets such as the Figli di Santa Rosalia stuff, the "Razzle Dazzle" Angelo Spata stuff, Johnny Cash Azzarelli and his Joker Poker operation, Roger Califano's sports book, and the L&B Spumoni business, just to name a few. So the guy clearly had money. If he lived in a trailer park, it certainly wasn't because he couldn't afford a decent apartment in New York.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:08 am
Are you being sarcastic?
I don't believe he lived in the trailer park, at least not full-time. His defense used his registered property in South Jersey to contend that Castellazzo was broke and didn't have any assets. I doubt he's an underground millionaire, but he operated various social clubs and gambling operations throughout South Brooklyn at the same time that he was living in this supposed trailer park. He was also the underboss of the family, and shown to be a very "hands-on" administrator in the sense that he was constantly attending sit-downs and meetings. That's allegedly how he got the nickname "The Claw," because he always found a way to claw his way into underlings' rackets. Considering he was in South Brooklyn every day, I doubt he was making the 1.5-2 hour drive from the trailer park every day. Also, surveillance from the Torrese Social Club, which was investigated from 1998-2000, showed that Castellazzo was there until very late at night. Highly unlikely that he was driving back to the trailer park, but maybe I'm underestimating him.

Let's not to mention, the guy was also doing pretty well for himself. Off the top of my head, I recall that he was in charge of craps games, card games and sports betting in Gravesend throughout the late 1990s until his arrest in 2000. That investigation was centered around the Torrese Social Club, and others like the Wrong Number Bar (IIRC), that were hosting multiple gambling games a week. Then, after his release from prison in 2002, he was right back in the mix, and Gang Land News reported that he had taken over many of Joe Cacace's operations after Cacace's arrest.

Then, with his rise to underboss, he allegedly muscled into various rackets such as the Figli di Santa Rosalia stuff, the "Razzle Dazzle" Angelo Spata stuff, Johnny Cash Azzarelli and his Joker Poker operation, Roger Califano's sports book, and the L&B Spumoni business, just to name a few. So the guy clearly had money. If he lived in a trailer park, it certainly wasn't because he couldn't afford a decent apartment in New York.
Well, if you said it it must true. I take your word as gospel when it comes to the Colombos. Thank. You should of done the expose lol you know more about him then any article that I ever read about him.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:34 am
gohnjotti wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:08 am
Are you being sarcastic?

Well, if you said it it must true. I take your word as gospel when it comes to the Colombos. Thank. You should of done the expose lol you know more about him then any article that I ever read about him.
I don't know for sure that he doesn't live in a trailer park, but I think that the narrative that he's 'broke' was made by his defense counsel as a way to get sympathy from the judge.

jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Da obvious
I been taught to listen to what's not said
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Any clue to when the claw was inducted into the colombo family. Im guessing it was when vic orena became acting boss aroumd 87. The colombos imducted alot of guys in those few years before the colombo war started in 1991
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Pmac2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:57 pm Any clue to when the claw was inducted into the colombo family. Im guessing it was when vic orena became acting boss aroumd 87. The colombos imducted alot of guys in those few years before the colombo war started in 1991
May 1991 according to this list here
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=144
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

jimmy_beans8 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:41 pm Da obvious
Not so obvious to the various reporters who used the line "brokefella" etc. in their various article since 2011.

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:46 pm
Not so obvious to the various reporters who used the line "brokefella" etc. in their various article since 2011.
Yeah, that always smelled of BS to me. Like how Dom Cirillo's registered income was $600 a month in social security. :roll:
All roads lead to New York.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:07 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:46 pm
Yeah, that always smelled of BS to me. Like how Dom Cirillo's registered income was $600 a month in social security. :roll:
Call me stupid I thought he could of been poor too until I read gohnjottis insight. I mean I remember nytimes did an article years ago about mobsters selling fireworks-carmine something and someone else being "brokesters." Vinny Asaro as well respected as he is that doesn't translate into earnings power.