Philly guys with “legit” business interests

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Philly guys with “legit” business interests

Post by Pogo The Clown »

CornerBoy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:07 am these businesses these guys have can't be worth that much.... no?

Like ligambi, I'm sure does NOT have 30 trucks lol and how many ppl actually hire borgesi's firm?

In a previous Mob Talk GA said both of their real estate companies folded less than a year after opening. One was owned by Borgesi I believe. Forgot about the other one.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

PHL_Mob wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:46 am Where does Gaeton and Sonny have bars? You talking about the pod Cholly Bars and Broadway?
I think Gaeton’s joint is in wildwood.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

That lucibello has some look! two hoop earrings- looks pretty white trash to be a trusted captain or soldier!
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:42 am They all have businesses….

Marty’s got a ticket business (First Fan Tickets) , Dom’s got a restaurant his Mom runs for him, Real Estate , and T-shirt businesses, Mikey Lance has rental properties, Goggs has Contracting Business, Nicodemo has Real Estate , Uncle Joe Towing company, Borgesi has LED lighting/Safety Consulting firm/House Flipping Business (ARMM Investments, LLC) Mazzone Personal Training Business, Sonny owns bar, Lucibello owns bar, Salvo owns great well known restaurant/bar at the shore that he’s always physically working hard, Chang doesn’t own the newsstand anymore but has Contracting Business/ T-shirt Business, Baldino owns Philip’s Cheesesteaks (which was started in 80s by his Uncle Phil Narducci hence the name), etc just to name a few off the top of my head.

All legit businesses….

-Dante
Thanks for the info Dante. Always appreciate your contributions.

Stay well bro.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Just curious, but does a lot of it seem not that impressive even compared to Stanfa in the 90s? Who had a pretty decent legitimate food import company and diner.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Adam wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:25 am Just curious, but does a lot of it seem not that impressive even compared to Stanfa in the 90s? Who had a pretty decent legitimate food import company and diner.
True, but the Merlino guys are way more competent at being criminals than the Stanfa people were IMHO.

Then again I think the "gang that couldn't shoot straight" narrative about the Stanfa years tends to downplay a lot of serious mob business that was going down under him. I think B. has mentioned this before.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Ivan wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:50 am
Adam wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:25 am Just curious, but does a lot of it seem not that impressive even compared to Stanfa in the 90s? Who had a pretty decent legitimate food import company and diner.
True, but the Merlino guys are way more competent at being criminals than the Stanfa people were IMHO.

Then again I think the "gang that couldn't shoot straight" narrative about the Stanfa years tends to downplay a lot of serious mob business that was going down under him. I think B. has mentioned this before.
True. Not going to try to prop up the incompetent Stanfa organization, but the Avena tapes do show multi million dollar trash hauling issues, price fixing involving hundreds of stores, Stanfa and Joey Chang meeting with large scale heroin dealers. They go away and the next year or so Natale is essentially doing street meth sales and Merlino is doing fell off the truck baby formula sales.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

i bet merlino is smart anuff to never ask any of his members to kick up anythng they earn from there legit bsuinesses. he probaly looks at barney and his family who has alot of rich guys. if they use the familys clout or connections they probaly kick up a small fee at christmas. keeps everyone happy. any of the philly guys have hands in a trade company. electricians plumbing concrette (all huge money makers)ect. there was a colombo solfier who had a plumbing compnay with a genovese guy had a stake they made tons of money on top of coke he said he didnt know were to hide the money.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Adam wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:29 am

True. Not going to try to prop up the incompetent Stanfa organization, but the Avena tapes do show multi million dollar trash hauling issues, price fixing involving hundreds of stores, Stanfa and Joey Chang meeting with large scale heroin dealers. They go away and the next year or so Natale is essentially doing street meth sales and Merlino is doing fell off the truck baby formula sales.

In fairness to Natale and Merlino, Stanfa was just mediating disputes with other families. He was not actually running any of those rockets himself. In terms of rackets the Stanfa Crew never amounted to more than collecting street taxes and whatever gambling some of the old timers had. They were brokesters. Veasey was making only a few hundreds dollars a week.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:18 am
Adam wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:29 am

In fairness to Natale and Merlino, Stanfa was just mediating disputes with other families. He was not actually running any of those rockets himself. In terms of rackets the Stanfa Crew never amounted to more than collecting street taxes and whatever gambling some of the old timers had. They were brokesters. Veasey was making only a few hundreds dollars a week.

Pogo
Hey Pogo. Thanks for the response. I'm going to disagree slightly. Veasey was getting $500 a week, but part of his complaint was that he knew other members were getting $1000 or more a week. But the price fixing thing with Sal Profaci was literally about his company competing with Sal's company in hundreds of stores. If I remember correctly Stanfa had been in four of the ones that Sal thought were his and Avena jumped in about never admitting they were talking about price fixing. So at least they were doing actual racketeering. Not baby food on the corner. I kid. :)