Gangland News - 7/8/21

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: Gangland News - 7/8/21

Post by mafiastudent »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:56 pm
Hired_Goonz wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:39 am Thanks for posting. Man, Capeci is becoming really petty in his feud with the MBA and the Button Man to the point that it's not a good look on him. And this is coming from someone who is pretty much predisposed to take his side. He's trying to make it out like Pennisi perjured himself over this little anecdote or what? Who gives a shit whether Big John told him before or after the father did?
Pennisi should be OK with it. He's all about that independent let your voice be heard journalism. He did call out Capeci first which we think that Capeci was in the wrong based on Pennisis account. It is a little vindictive, but what Pennisi creates a blog out of nowhere (which I like by the way) and calls out Capeci for this perceived slight. Capecis articles have not been what they once were, but the guy put out quality work for decades. If your this amateur (which he admitted to not really knowing how to write) and call him immediately, I mean you kind of get what's coming, No?
I think you guys are missing the bigger picture here.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

Do you guys think Larsen is handling mob business or just a guy who knows people?
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Teddy Persico wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:58 pm Do you guys think Larsen is handling mob business or just a guy who knows people?
Too many cases coming out of port Newark for it not to be mob business
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Dave65827 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:03 pm
Teddy Persico wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:58 pm Do you guys think Larsen is handling mob business or just a guy who knows people?
Too many cases coming out of port Newark for it not to be mob business
Wow, I really am missing the big picture if Larson is handing mob business.
I thought this GLN article was about Pennisi calling out Capeci. What am I missing?
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Ivan wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:29 am Chucky I think I told you this before but I appreciate how you always post up Gangland without the text all smashed together. For some reason I have trouble reading it when it's like that, lol. Thanks a lot!

Boldening the titles of each story helps tremendously. Thanks Chucky.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Do we know if Larson is Irish ?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

mafiastudent wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:23 pm
Hired_Goonz wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:39 am Thanks for posting. Man, Capeci is becoming really petty in his feud with the MBA and the Button Man to the point that it's not a good look on him. And this is coming from someone who is pretty much predisposed to take his side. He's trying to make it out like Pennisi perjured himself over this little anecdote or what? Who gives a shit whether Big John told him before or after the father did?
Pennisi should be OK with it. He's all about that independent let your voice be heard journalism. He did call out Capeci first which we think that Capeci was in the wrong based on Pennisis account. It is a little vindictive, but what Pennisi creates a blog out of nowhere (which I like by the way) and calls out Capeci for this perceived slight. Capecis articles have not been what they once were, but the guy put out quality work for decades. If your this amateur (which he admitted to not really knowing how to write) and call him immediately, I mean you kind of get what's coming, No?

Why dont you tell the forum your role in these articles.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Cheech wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:08 pm

i don't have any role in these articles. I contributed one article and it was on Pasqua and Mancuso. So, I'm not sure what you mean.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

mafiastudent wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:18 pm
Cheech wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:08 pm

i don't have any role in these articles. I contributed one article and it was on Pasqua and Mancuso. So, I'm not sure what you mean.

https://youtu.be/N3fU2KpoOj4
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Go on.......
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:01 am
Go on.......
Inconsistencies with his stories. You guys can say, well he's not going to remember every detail but if you remember before he stopped writing about people, he relayed verbatim conversations from years ago, yet he can't be accurate about more current happenings?
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

mafiastudent wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:19 am
Hired_Goonz wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:01 am
Go on.......
Inconsistencies with his stories. You guys can say, well he's not going to remember every detail but if you remember before he stopped writing about people, he relayed verbatim conversations from years ago, yet he can't be accurate about more current happenings?
Look I'm not a Pennisi fanboy and wouldn't take anything he or any other rat says as gospel, especially in the context of a podcast/interview/book. But this inconsistency is so trivial - "on the stand he said that the one guy told him minutes before, but on his podcast he told his co-host who was drinking wine and giggling that the other guy told him moments after" - that I stand by my statement that Capeci is coming off as absurdly petty and makes him look kind of ridiculous tbh. Especially considering he's charging people money for "content" like this.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

^pretty much
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I agree though mafiastudent to what your saying-not 100%, but the gov't( district attorneys, AGs, detectives, etc) do pounce on any slight inconsistencies in an accused statements which is to why one of if you ever been in trouble before or knowing the legal system is to not say anything. Even if you get the date wrong by a day in can be used against you, or times, or the name of a landmark, business etc.whether it's a lie or just forgetfulness
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I had something happen to me when I was 20-21 yrs old. I had law enforcement blowing up my phone, voice-mail etc I ignored them all. Nothing ever happened to me, but come to find out a year or so later the people on the side of this incident had too much to drink that night (they denied it at first then over time they admitted it. Moreover, the night they claimed this incident took place could not of taken place at such night bc it was "girls gone bus night" at this particular bar and that was one specific night of the week did not occur on such...so I'm speaking to personal experience(s).