Providence Capos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pmac2
Full Patched

Re: Providence Capos

Post by Pmac2 »

its a tiny state like 1 milion people. half are italian the other half portugese. i find it hard they cant recruit. i mean if that guy matty is in charge of the whole place he probally brought in some new guys to replace the guys who died.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pmac2 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:35 am its a tiny state like 1 milion people. half are italian the other half portugese. i find it hard they cant recruit. i mean if that guy matty is in charge of the whole place he probally brought in some new guys to replace the guys who died.
Italians make up about 18% of Rhode Island, which results to about 200,000 Italians in the state. The Chicago area has 500,000 Italians but that hasn't stopped the membership from going down to where it is today. It's not just about raw numbers for recruiting, but also other factors like the state of the family overall, the desire of the remaining leadership to continue recruiting, etc.
All roads lead to New York.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Yeah Baltimore had a significant Italian population (and a bustling underworld!) for most of the 20th century yet never really had any Cosa Nostra presence. I think the Gambino’s might’ve had a crew doing some work out of there at one point but nothing major. It’s a short drive from Philly, too, I’m surprised that borgata never made in roads to Baltimore. The gambling and dope rackets there were plentiful.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:26 pm Yeah Baltimore had a significant Italian population (and a bustling underworld!) for most of the 20th century yet never really had any Cosa Nostra presence. I think the Gambino’s might’ve had a crew doing some work out of there at one point but nothing major. It’s a short drive from Philly, too, I’m surprised that borgata never made in roads to Baltimore. The gambling and dope rackets there were plentiful.
Bmore onlys perplexed me. A big east coast urban city with italians including a Little Italy. Meanwhile san jose had a family?
RI_Guy
Associate

Post by RI_Guy »

nash143 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:22 am
RI_Guy wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:22 pm Stevie peanuts was the captain for the the silver lake crew, Eddie Romano was the captain for the Charles Street crew. Not really info on the succession, just some extra info
Thanks. What era is this- the 70s? Do you know if these two areas always had a crew attached to them?
Did Federal Hill have a crew- or was it just Ray Sr who was located there?
This was up until around the early 90s I would say. And yes there were always a couple of crews on the hill. But providence is so small that of course everyone interacted with each other. Also keep in mind that by the late 90s early 2000s, anytime there was a high profile case, the news up there liked to call everyone a captain lol. Makes good headlines. But if you let the news tell it, there were like 7 captains
nash143
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by nash143 »

Can anyone identify any in this photo? I have the obvious ones, Ray Patriarca (center), Stephen Broccoli (bottom right, partly hidden), Luigi Manocchio (top center), Louis Taglianetti (to the left of RP's chest) and Rudolph Sciarra (to the right of RP's head).
The image is too blurry to make out names, can any Providence experts help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toreno
Associate

Post by Toreno »

On the right RP's chest, Robert Carrozza maybe?
Robert Carrozza: Image
“Someday, A Real Rain Will Come And Wash All This Scum Off The Streets.”
Toreno
Associate

Post by Toreno »

By the way, i've made a video about the Notorious members, former members and associates of the Patriarca Family, maybe it could help you, who knows?
PS: YES, i know that this is not the good Joseph Lombardo pic, i used the pic of Joey "The Clown" Lombardo instead of Joseph Lombardo from Patriarca, but i didn't even realize that when i was making the video, sorry :)
Toreno
Associate

Post by Toreno »

oops, I forgot to put the link, re sorry :(
https://youtu.be/01N14NsaWAo
miggy9
On Record

Post by miggy9 »

davidf1989 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:16 pm How about Anthony St. Laurent and how was he made when his surname doesn't sound Italian?
He took his stepfathers name. I believe his original family name was DiLorenzo or something similar. I don't quite remember
miggy9
On Record

Post by miggy9 »

Extortion wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:42 pm
davidf1989 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:16 pm How about Anthony St. Laurent and how was he made when his surname doesn't sound Italian?
OK first of all there are Italian names specifically Northern Italian names that do not end with a vowel all the time…Such as Senter or delsanter or Desantis etc
St Laurent is French. Anyone from Johnston knows there's a part called " Frog City ". Italians and French Canadians are prevalent there.
miggy9
On Record

Post by miggy9 »

St Laurent is French last name*****
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

I always thought St. Laurent was French too (the surname). From what I've always seen his surname was actually his Stepfather's and not his own and that he was 100% Italian.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
miggy9
On Record

Post by miggy9 »

dixiemafia wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:29 pm I always thought St. Laurent was French too (the surname). From what I've always seen his surname was actually his Stepfather's and not his own and that he was 100% Italian.
Yes. And it kills me to not remember what forum/website/article somewhere mentioned what his Italian family name was.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I would guess that Frank "Butsey" Morelli was the original Providence capo.