Gangland 4/1

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Re: Gangland 4/1

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Yeah and speaking to that lack of support system within the family.....one thing that has caught my attention recently was both Franzese and Pennisi saying in interviews that most made guys *never* want their associates to get their button. Franzese said he straight up told his guys in his crew that he would never propose them, because they would end up getting shipped off to another crew. Pennisi said something similar—that Joey DiBenedetto was one of the few made guys he knew that had no problem seeing his associates get a nod. But he said most will never do it.

And that makes me think of all the times I’ve rolled my eyes at guys like Dominick Montiglio saying they woulda been made but their captain kept knocking it down. I used to think it was just sour grapes. But he’s actually probably telling the truth.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:04 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:20 pm Yeah I’ve said it before but unless he gets some *serious* mental counseling and anger mgmt, I can’t see him staying on the street long. I think Gene, like a lot of these rats, regrets cooperating. Being a street guy was his whole existence, and now he’s the antithesis of a street guy. He’s a rat. A snitch. Mikey Scars said in that interview with Scott Jenkins that he regrets cooperating every day and wishes he never woulda done it. He said “the gov’t just caught me at a weak moment”.
I dont 'buy' Scars regret.
He's living in Florida, soaking up the sun, restaurants, the beach, spending holidays with family. Easy to say you feel bad about cooperating in that space. He spent the last twenty-five years in a box, ask him then about if he couldve lived the last twenty outside in the sun with his family.
Keep in mind PG fucked him as well.
DiLeonardo's tears are somewhat crocodile to yours.
Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:20 pm I will say the first time I actually kinda felt bad for Gene was when he told that story about telling Ronnie that some guy didn’t have the money. And Ronnie punked him and told him to go get a 9-5. So what does Gene do? He goes back to the guy and cracks his head open with a pipe. It’s like, you can tell he has *some* semblance of morality, but that thirst to be in the life completely extinguished it.
Agree. 5% chance Gene is not doing a dime within 5yrs.

Most of the guys who flip, imo, is not because they're weak, its the betrayl which turns them. DiLeonard, Borello, Pennisi, Gravano etc etc. I know Im different from most but I honestly think if these guys had been supported by the boss and the family, they wouldve done their time, and it was only the betrayl of their 'brothers' that pushed them over the edge. Loyalty is a two way street, cant be one way.
Ive said it before but if LCN would just set up a fund whereby imprisoned members families would get a monthly check, rats would almost cease to exist. My opinion.
I JUST posted an article where they clearly state they do this in Sicily. Even the "disorganized" Naples guys do this. They had a whole fund just for Denaro. Theres no real good reason other then petty greed to NOT do it....
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

I dont understand this moving newely made guys from 1 crew to another.Why the fuck would a made guy and his capo accept losing a guy who came up in their crew and kicks up a large amount to be transferred to another crew.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

bluehouse wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:10 am I dont understand this moving newely made guys from 1 crew to another.Why the fuck would a made guy and his capo accept losing a guy who came up in their crew and kicks up a large amount to be transferred to another crew.
Power. Its insecure leaders, who dont want to allow a "family within a family" to form. They dont want crews TOO strong. It's the same logic with not making guys. If hes made, he doesnt have to kiss your ass all day. You always have the advantage over an associate, unless his family is heavy, or he has a powerful rabbi...
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:04 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:20 pm Yeah I’ve said it before but unless he gets some *serious* mental counseling and anger mgmt, I can’t see him staying on the street long. I think Gene, like a lot of these rats, regrets cooperating. Being a street guy was his whole existence, and now he’s the antithesis of a street guy. He’s a rat. A snitch. Mikey Scars said in that interview with Scott Jenkins that he regrets cooperating every day and wishes he never woulda done it. He said “the gov’t just caught me at a weak moment”.
I dont 'buy' Scars regret.
He's living in Florida, soaking up the sun, restaurants, the beach, spending holidays with family. Easy to say you feel bad about cooperating in that space. He spent the last twenty-five years in a box, ask him then about if he couldve lived the last twenty outside in the sun with his family.
Keep in mind PG fucked him as well.
DiLeonardo's tears are somewhat crocodile to yours.
Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:20 pm I will say the first time I actually kinda felt bad for Gene was when he told that story about telling Ronnie that some guy didn’t have the money. And Ronnie punked him and told him to go get a 9-5. So what does Gene do? He goes back to the guy and cracks his head open with a pipe. It’s like, you can tell he has *some* semblance of morality, but that thirst to be in the life completely extinguished it.
Agree. 5% chance Gene is not doing a dime within 5yrs.

Most of the guys who flip, imo, is not because they're weak, its the betrayl which turns them. DiLeonard, Borello, Pennisi, Gravano etc etc. I know Im different from most but I honestly think if these guys had been supported by the boss and the family, they wouldve done their time, and it was only the betrayl of their 'brothers' that pushed them over the edge. Loyalty is a two way street, cant be one way.
Ive said it before but if LCN would just set up a fund whereby imprisoned members families would get a monthly check, rats would almost cease to exist. My opinion.
The Genovese family is an interesting case study for a crime family that indeed implements a fund for imprisoned members. Lo and behold, it appears to work.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:28 pm I JUST posted an article where they clearly state they do this in Sicily. Even the "disorganized" Naples guys do this. They had a whole fund just for Denaro. Theres no real good reason other then petty greed to NOT do it....
Interesting. Didnt know. Cheers mate. Good post.
CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:51 am
bluehouse wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:10 am I dont understand this moving newely made guys from 1 crew to another.Why the fuck would a made guy and his capo accept losing a guy who came up in their crew and kicks up a large amount to be transferred to another crew.
Power. Its insecure leaders, who dont want to allow a "family within a family" to form. They dont want crews TOO strong. It's the same logic with not making guys. If hes made, he doesnt have to kiss your ass all day. You always have the advantage over an associate, unless his family is heavy, or he has a powerful rabbi...
Good post. Correct.
gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:54 pm The Genovese family is an interesting case study for a crime family that indeed implements a fund for imprisoned members. Lo and behold, it appears to work.
They do?? Source please kind bruv. I wasnt aware.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:00 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:28 pm I JUST posted an article where they clearly state they do this in Sicily. Even the "disorganized" Naples guys do this. They had a whole fund just for Denaro. Theres no real good reason other then petty greed to NOT do it....
Good post. Correct.
gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:54 pm The Genovese family is an interesting case study for a crime family that indeed implements a fund for imprisoned members. Lo and behold, it appears to work.
Somebody help me out here :lol:

I think it came out that imprisoned-for-life consigliere Jimmy Ida was getting payments for a legal fund. That I remember for sure, potentially only applies to the top guys in the organization.
Could Pogo, Wiseguy, or somebody else elaborate? Did it come out in the Vincent Esposito indictment?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:07 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:00 pm
Good post. Correct.
Somebody help me out here :lol:

I think it came out that imprisoned-for-life consigliere Jimmy Ida was getting payments for a legal fund. That I remember for sure, potentially only applies to the top guys in the organization.
Could Pogo, Wiseguy, or somebody else elaborate? Did it come out in the Vincent Esposito indictment?
When Vincent Espositos house got raided they found over 2 million. Capeci reported that it was a slush fund used for lawyers and other things for the genovese family
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:18 am Yeah and speaking to that lack of support system within the family.....one thing that has caught my attention recently was both Franzese and Pennisi saying in interviews that most made guys *never* want their associates to get their button. Franzese said he straight up told his guys in his crew that he would never propose them, because they would end up getting shipped off to another crew. Pennisi said something similar—that Joey DiBenedetto was one of the few made guys he knew that had no problem seeing his associates get a nod. But he said most will never do it.

And that makes me think of all the times I’ve rolled my eyes at guys like Dominick Montiglio saying they woulda been made but their captain kept knocking it down. I used to think it was just sour grapes. But he’s actually probably telling the truth.
There are FBI reports about Montiglio being considered for membership while he was on the street.