When racism becomes a family affair (1987 article including interview with Wimpy Boys)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: When racism becomes a family affair (1987 article including interview with Wimpy Boys)

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:41 am In addition, the racial case with Prio is probably a rare example since the Outfit was known to collaborate with the blacks, including Prios crew
Also, as noted, the Playboy Club in question was in FL, not the one in Chicago. That may be important context.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Re: When racism becomes a family affair (1987 article including interview with Wimpy Boys)

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:51 am
Villain wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:41 am In addition, the racial case with Prio is probably a rare example since the Outfit was known to collaborate with the blacks, including Prios crew
Also, as noted, the Playboy Club in question was in FL, not the one in Chicago. That may be important context.
I completely agree
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:53 am
I completely agree
Back in the 90s there was also the infamous case where Frankie Caruso III and his buddies beat the piss out of a black kid walking through Bridgeport, and the Caruso family staged photo opps with a black minister and a high ranking Gangster Disciples leader. While this was a charade, of course, the Southside crew certainly had the connections to make it happen and to show that the Caruso kid would be protected in prison. While wiseguys weren’t inviting black dudes over to their house for Sunday gravy and marching with the Urban League, they were cordial enough to do business with black gangsters and politicians, of course.

Bob Cooley also stated that his decision to flip on the Outfit was directly precipitated by him fixing a murder case where they threw some black dude on the L tracks and killed him on the third rail, and commented “who cares, it was just a n*****”. He claims that was his last straw. While I don’t doubt at all that the story could’ve happened, Cooley was also a degenerate gambler and cokehead with motivation to cast his decision to cooperate in the best light for posterity.

My point here being that real life is always messy, the mob has always had lots of strange bedfellows, and the actual histories of links between LCN and blacks is more complicated and interesting then just violent incidents like Howard Beach or Frankie Caruso.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:21 am
Villain wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:53 am
I completely agree
Back in the 90s there was also the infamous case where Frankie Caruso III and his buddies beat the piss out of a black kid walking through Bridgeport, and the Caruso family staged photo opps with a black minister and a high ranking Gangster Disciples leader. While this was a charade, of course, the Southside crew certainly had the connections to make it happen and to show that the Caruso kid would be protected in prison. While wiseguys weren’t inviting black dudes over to their house for Sunday gravy and marching with the Urban League, they were cordial enough to do business with black gangsters and politicians, of course.

Bob Cooley also stated that his decision to flip on the Outfit was directly precipitated by him fixing a murder case where they threw some black dude on the L tracks and killed him on the third rail, and commented “who cares, it was just a n*****”. He claims that was his last straw. While I don’t doubt at all that the story could’ve happened, Cooley was also a degenerate gambler and cokehead with motivation to cast his decision to cooperate in the best light for posterity.

My point here being that real life is always messy, the mob has always had lots of strange bedfellows, and the actual histories of links between LCN and blacks is more complicated and interesting then just violent incidents like Howard Beach or Frankie Caruso.
Thanks bud and yeah i remember the story regarding Caruso and that black dude but i never knew that it was a black individual in Cooley's story.

Btw, dont forget that Mad Sam forced a black dude under a gunpoint to have sex with his wife lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

also wasnt scarpa brought down to Mississippi, to press the kkk and find out where the dead civil rights activists where... i guess a job is a job
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

queensnyer wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:38 pm also wasnt scarpa brought down to Mississippi, to press the kkk and find out where the dead civil rights activists where... i guess a job is a job
He assisted the FBI in two race-related murder cases. But I doubt he did that out of the kindness of his heart.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."