Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

joerock
Straightened out

Re: Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Post by joerock »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:13 am
NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:07 am The DeCavs really give you a hard on , don’t they?

Just move here to Jersey already or rewatch The Sopranos again (which the Decavs are absolutely nothing like, only similarity is that they’re both Jersey based LCN families) .

-Dante
JoeRock I was just busting your balls, btw
I’m in a fucking terrible mood today
It’s all good dude lol
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:08 am The Decavs are still around and kicking, concentrated mainly in three areas of the state with majority of the guys being First and Second Generation Sicilians who actually speak Italian.

They’re still heavy Into Construction and all the ancillary things that go with construction and construction workers. Heard they dabble in prostitution a little bit too with massage parlors in the Elizabeth/Hillside area. They’re again majority old school First and Second Generation Sicilians , they’re quiet. That Stango crew were outliers within the family and they were mainly brokesters who sold drugs at the shore.

They’re also into owning legit Italian Restaurants here in Jersey, for example Giralamo Palermo owned Rockafella’s by the Sea in Ortley Beach, his kids still own it to this day. My friend in HS worked there as a busboy in the late 1990s/early 2000s, he had some wild stories back then there was a lotta shit going down before the big DeCav bust that took down most of the guys .

They were Never were really big into Sports Betting at all as the West Side and Luchese Crews here in Jersey have that market cornered with their huge sports books. The Gambinos and Philly Newark crew also have Jersey based sports books although nothing compared to what west side and Lucchese have here.

My next door neighbor growing up as a kid who was about 7 years older than me and our Mothers were also good friends married a very high ranking DeCavs daughter.

In all, they’re around still just quiet and very Sicilian/Construction orientated. They’re different than the other crews you see here in Jersey. Like you would never see someone like a Johnny Perna or a Joey Merlino have anything to do with those old Sicilians. The Stango idiots and that crew were the exception and not the norm with that family. That Fat Sweaty wigger barely even knew his Father Beeps as he was incarcerated for 95% of his life. Those other wigger kids selling drugs here at the shore I will almost 100% guarantee met with the other Wigger Whitey Stagno and only that moron, they weren’t “real” associates of that family but were more than likely on record with Beeps through his idiot son.

-Dante
Why’d they even let Stango have his own crew while he’s living across the country is absolutely ridiculous. The other associates were hooked up with Oliveri(Pali and Heeney)
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Stango did I think over 30 years on a murder charge without a peep, entirely missed his son Whitey growing up. I would almost guarantee he came out from that 30+ year bid beyond broke as a joke too as that crew was just a brokester crew.

I don’t believe Beeps had any legit businesses or anything of any significance out on the streets, his son grew up broke in Elizabeth.

I’m sure the old timers let him do whatever he wanted to do when he got out from that murder bid . I bet he basically had to jump right back into the life and have those idiots under his son selling drugs at the shore just to survive, again I would bet anything he was broke when he got out.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

To put it into perspective how broke they were, the real moneymakers in the DeCav crew are the guys heavy into Construction, since they lost control of the Union now it’s the guys with the good Contracting Companies with their connections.

That Stagno crew I don’t even think owned a box of nails.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:45 am To put it into perspective how broke they were, the real moneymakers in the DeCav crew are the guys heavy into Construction, since they lost control of the Union now it’s the guys with the good Contracting Companies with their connections.

Apparently in the little preview they gave for the book says that Stango had that undercover agent sit down with the higher ups in New York on his behalf must of been doing something right as a capo then. Is Philip Abramo active within the family ? He’s tight with consalvo
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I wonder what’s the money the “high end” crews in each family make. Like the mob ain’t what it used to be but I bet the guys with the connects make serious money.

That kid Stango is fucked though the made guy they tried to kill will have more pull within the family and probably wouldn’t want him around. The kid and his friend “associates” are all fucked with no futures within the mob getting forced to get jobs
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

joerock wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:50 am
NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:45 am To put it into perspective how broke they were, the real moneymakers in the DeCav crew are the guys heavy into Construction, since they lost control of the Union now it’s the guys with the good Contracting Companies with their connections.

Apparently in the little preview they gave for the book says that Stango had that undercover agent sit down with the higher ups in New York on his behalf must of been doing something right as a capo then. Is Philip Abramo active within the family ? He’s tight with consalvo
I’ll read that book , comes out June 1 will be perfect for reading on the beach here at the Jersey Shore. I gotta read something besides the sports page.....

-Dante
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

eboli wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:04 am Riggi as boss, Guarraci as acting boss and Nigro as consigliere is the last confirmed info we have on the administration. Around Guarraci's death, FNU Horse LNU was identified as the new acting boss. FNU Milk LNU was the street boss. Milk is likely Mike Merlo, but it might be his brother, Joe Red. No news about them in recent years. I suspect that's because there's no large-scale operations left. Stagno even complained they are under the Gambinos, with reduced activity and decreasing money flow, it makes sense.

Horse as Acting Boss was identified before Guarraci died. So it could be him. It could also be a referenc to one of John Riggi's sons.

Here is B's breakdown of the Stefanelli tapes where they talk about 2 of Riggi's sons running the family.

The DeCavalcante Leadership

- Licata asks Stefanelli to find out from the Gambino administration what the situation is with the DeCavalcantes. Fazzini is curious, too.

- Stefanelli says something about a "father" (possibly John Riggi), but says they took down "Joe" (Miranda) who he describes as "the old man in New York" and made him a regular soldier.

- Fazzini seems to wonder who they could even find to replace Miranda, indicating there were few candidates.

- Stefanelli says Riggi's sons would replace Miranda, which Fazzini can't believe. Licata describes Riggi's sons as "them two jerk-offs" and Fazzini describes them as "fucking hands jobs". Later Fazzini mentions that one of them is Manny, but it's not confirmed by Stefanelli which of the three sons are being referenced (note: all three Riggi sons are made and only two are referenced here).

- Stefanelli says John and Joe (Gambino) didn't know much about the DeCavalcantes and it seems even to the Gambino family things were murky when it came to the DeCavalcantes.

- Fazzini asks if the Gambinos are acknowledging Riggi's sons and Stefanelli says "I guess", which shocks Fazzini. Licata says "Everybody ran away", seeming to say that the other DeCavalcante members don't want to be involved. Stefanelli says they didn't acknowldge anybody, this is just what they heard.

- Licata wanted to know about the DeCavalcante administration because he has business with them. He wants Stefanelli to pass word to the Gambino administration he has business with Riggi's sons and "has got to get along with them."
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:33 am
eboli wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:04 am Riggi as boss, Guarraci as acting boss and Nigro as consigliere is the last confirmed info we have on the administration. Around Guarraci's death, FNU Horse LNU was identified as the new acting boss. FNU Milk LNU was the street boss. Milk is likely Mike Merlo, but it might be his brother, Joe Red. No news about them in recent years. I suspect that's because there's no large-scale operations left. Stagno even complained they are under the Gambinos, with reduced activity and decreasing money flow, it makes sense.

Horse as Acting Boss was identified before Guarraci died. So it could be him. It could also be a referenc to one of John Riggi's sons.

Here is B's breakdown of the Stefanelli tapes where they talk about 2 of Riggi's sons running the family.

The DeCavalcante Leadership

- Licata asks Stefanelli to find out from the Gambino administration what the situation is with the DeCavalcantes. Fazzini is curious, too.

- Stefanelli says something about a "father" (possibly John Riggi), but says they took down "Joe" (Miranda) who he describes as "the old man in New York" and made him a regular soldier.

- Fazzini seems to wonder who they could even find to replace Miranda, indicating there were few candidates.

- Stefanelli says Riggi's sons would replace Miranda, which Fazzini can't believe. Licata describes Riggi's sons as "them two jerk-offs" and Fazzini describes them as "fucking hands jobs". Later Fazzini mentions that one of them is Manny, but it's not confirmed by Stefanelli which of the three sons are being referenced (note: all three Riggi sons are made and only two are referenced here).

- Stefanelli says John and Joe (Gambino) didn't know much about the DeCavalcantes and it seems even to the Gambino family things were murky when it came to the DeCavalcantes.

- Fazzini asks if the Gambinos are acknowledging Riggi's sons and Stefanelli says "I guess", which shocks Fazzini. Licata says "Everybody ran away", seeming to say that the other DeCavalcante members don't want to be involved. Stefanelli says they didn't acknowldge anybody, this is just what they heard.

- Licata wanted to know about the DeCavalcante administration because he has business with them. He wants Stefanelli to pass word to the Gambino administration he has business with Riggi's sons and "has got to get along with them."
When was this sir?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It is from a conversation from 2010.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

The family was absolutey hammered in the late 1990s/early 2000's indictments, with several administration members and captains put away, and doesn't appear to have every really recovered. I'm not sure any other family was as dependent on a single union as they were on LIUNA Local 394 and they lost control of that 15 years ago. You can look at the cases after that time and they pretty much show a family running on fumes.
All roads lead to New York.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:56 pm The family was absolutey hammered in the late 1990s/early 2000's indictments, with several administration members and captains put away, and doesn't appear to have every really recovered. I'm not sure any other family was as dependent on a single union as they were on LIUNA Local 394 and they lost control of that 15 years ago. You can look at the cases after that time and they pretty much show a family running on fumes.
Plus there’s just so much activity in NJ. Any meat they left on the bone has surely been gobbled up by another family. It’s not like the Genovese in Springfield where they were the only game in town. They took a pretty good beating in the early 2000s too but if you listen to Arilotta, theyve been able to build back up and are kinda right back where they were pre 2000.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:36 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:56 pm The family was absolutey hammered in the late 1990s/early 2000's indictments, with several administration members and captains put away, and doesn't appear to have every really recovered. I'm not sure any other family was as dependent on a single union as they were on LIUNA Local 394 and they lost control of that 15 years ago. You can look at the cases after that time and they pretty much show a family running on fumes.
Plus there’s just so much activity in NJ. Any meat they left on the bone has surely been gobbled up by another family. It’s not like the Genovese in Springfield where they were the only game in town. They took a pretty good beating in the early 2000s too but if you listen to Arilotta, theyve been able to build back up and are kinda right back where they were pre 2000.
I'm doubting Arilotta on that one. At the time of the big bust in 2010, there were 8 members of the Springfield crew. Since then, 5 have died, 2 flipped, leaving only 1 (Fusco) who is in prison. The few guys picked up in 2016 (none were made) seems to have been a mopping up of what was left. There's a reason why whatever is left in Springfield and Connecticut was put under the Ianniello/O'Nofrio crew in New York.
All roads lead to New York.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:33 am Horse as Acting Boss was identified before Guarraci died. So it could be him. It could also be a referenc to one of John Riggi's sons.
Yeah, you're right. It could've been Guarraci, he was still alive and battling cancer. Thanks for posting B.'s summary. I completely forgot about Riggi's sons.
BeatiPaoli
Straightened out

Post by BeatiPaoli »

To Everyone:
Respectfully, could someone here identify the book that has been referenced on this thread, and perhaps provide a little detail, e.g. title, author, genesis of the contents, etc.? Thank you in advance!

Regards,
BeatiPaoli