Suspected/possible Chicago Hits

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Suspected/possible Chicago Hits

Post by Moscone65 »

Also another possible “hit”, the unnamed drug dealer supposedly killed by chuckie Russell in 2017.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:31 pm Also another possible “hit”, the unnamed drug dealer supposedly killed by chuckie Russell in 2017.
Sure. I personally suspect that Russell was likely to have been involved in more than that one murder. But we have no idea who the person that he referenced was, just another drop in the bucket of blood that washes over the West and South sides of Chicago every year.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Great list Polack, thanks.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

picture of Lucas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Idk if that chuckie Russell hit is mob related... does the burgarly crew that threw that old lady down the stairs count too? We should just be talking about ppl associated with the outfit
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

The double murder of the Greek bar owner and bar tender in Schiller Park. Very similar to the murder of Rugerello. I have good sources saying that it was an outfit hit and Mandell could have been been the one that did the hit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chicag ... ce/5106680
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:33 am The double murder of the Greek bar owner and bar tender in Schiller Park. Very similar to the murder of Rugerello. I have good sources saying that it was an outfit hit and Mandell could have been been the one that did the hit.

Vaguely recall this one. Based on what, they were into Elmwood for money?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:05 am
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:33 am The double murder of the Greek bar owner and bar tender in Schiller Park. Very similar to the murder of Rugerello. I have good sources saying that it was an outfit hit and Mandell could have been been the one that did the hit.

Exactly!! Owed money and didn’t want to sign the bar over would be my guess. The bartender was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It’s too similar to the hit up in Highland Park and around the same time period for the two not to be related.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:35 pm

Exactly!! Owed money and didn’t want to sign the bar over would be my guess. The bartender was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It’s too similar to the hit up in Highland Park and around the same time period for the two not to be related.
Remember discussing similar on this a few years back, I can't remember with whom though. Are there any specific names out there?

I would also have to add Caruso Jr's buddy who was a witness to the beating. There is zero chance he was murdered in a robbery right before the trial, I dont recall..was he cooperating?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

funkster wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:05 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:35 pm

Remember discussing similar on this a few years back, I can't remember with whom though. Are there any specific names out there?

I would also have to add Caruso Jr's buddy who was a witness to the beating. There is zero chance he was murdered in a robbery right before the trial, I dont recall..was he cooperating?
Yes Ive brought up the Caruso kid and the beating they gave the black kid. It was a big news item about 20 years ago in Chicago. The witness was killed. A mafia members son is in trouble for beating this kid half to death and the witness ends up dead. He was killed in the hood and Chicago Police determined it wasnt Outfit related. I believe it was put off as a drug deal gone bad.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Yes Michael Cutler was killed in Austin neighborhood by black guys wearing masks. That was straight up a hit. That guy had no gang affiliations and was killed by masked guys. They didn’t take anything. Outfit farmed it out. That was in the late 90s so technically it wouldn’t be 21st century. Don Schemel murder is another one that happened right before the 21st century. Owned a water taxi business and stepped on the wrong toes. Was a professional hit. Outfit controls that industry
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:23 am Yes Michael Cutler was killed in Austin neighborhood by black guys wearing masks. That was straight up a hit. That guy had no gang affiliations and was killed by masked guys. They didn’t take anything. Outfit farmed it out. That was in the late 90s so technically it wouldn’t be 21st century. Don Schemel murder is another one that happened right before the 21st century. Owned a water taxi business and stepped on the wrong toes. Was a professional hit. Outfit controls that industry
I didn't count the Cutler kid as of course that was before 2000.

Schemel I don't recall. Can you elaborate on Outfit interests in the water taxi industry?
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:44 pm The thing about Gerage is they can't find Lucas. I thought it was mob related too especially since his Omega demo company was involved with Fratto and others in that construction beef yrs back. But, however, Its my personal belief that it probably isn't a mob hit until they can exclude Lucas.
The zizzo is the most interesting because we dnf have a fucking clue. At least with Jarrett and Chiarmonte we have names circled around it. But zizzo its just...
Zizzo to me is the most interesting one of all of these. Simply because he was a high-ranking member, so it was clearly an authorized and sanctioned hit IMO.

Common consensus is what was left of his Melrose Park faction was at odds with the new Cicero leadership run by Sarno. Perhaps Zizzo felt he should be running things since he was the successor to Marcello. Or perhaps it was simply beefs over rackets.

Based on all sources, my opinion is DiFronzo and Elmwood Park we’re still ultimately calling the shots at this time. Others feel different. I think Difronzo would’ve had to sign off on this hit, even if Sarno was considered the day-to-day boss at the time. Similar to accardo having to give aiuppa the ok.

You can find reports stating that he was headed to a meeting/sit down with Andriacchi downtown. Vena and his crew always seemed to be likely suspects to me due to their close connection with Andriacchi, and they’re generally dangerous nature. Vena would’ve been a highly respected made member at this time who would have been trusted to do something this high profile.

But....who knows
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:20 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:23 am Yes Michael Cutler was killed in Austin neighborhood by black guys wearing masks. That was straight up a hit. That guy had no gang affiliations and was killed by masked guys. They didn’t take anything. Outfit farmed it out. That was in the late 90s so technically it wouldn’t be 21st century. Don Schemel murder is another one that happened right before the 21st century. Owned a water taxi business and stepped on the wrong toes. Was a professional hit. Outfit controls that industry
I didn't count the Cutler kid as of course that was before 2000.

Schemel I don't recall. Can you elaborate on Outfit interests in the water taxi industry?
It happened in 1999 so it wouldn’t be on your list anyway. See below for some articles on it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicag ... y,amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicag ... y,amp.html
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Coloboy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:49 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:44 pm The thing about Gerage is they can't find Lucas. I thought it was mob related too especially since his Omega demo company was involved with Fratto and others in that construction beef yrs back. But, however, Its my personal belief that it probably isn't a mob hit until they can exclude Lucas.
The zizzo is the most interesting because we dnf have a fucking clue. At least with Jarrett and Chiarmonte we have names circled around it. But zizzo its just...
Zizzo to me is the most interesting one of all of these. Simply because he was a high-ranking member, so it was clearly an authorized and sanctioned hit IMO.

Common consensus is what was left of his Melrose Park faction was at odds with the new Cicero leadership run by Sarno. Perhaps Zizzo felt he should be running things since he was the successor to Marcello. Or perhaps it was simply beefs over rackets.

Based on all sources, my opinion is DiFronzo and Elmwood Park we’re still ultimately calling the shots at this time. Others feel different. I think Difronzo would’ve had to sign off on this hit, even if Sarno was considered the day-to-day boss at the time. Similar to accardo having to give aiuppa the ok.

You can find reports stating that he was headed to a meeting/sit down with Andriacchi downtown. Vena and his crew always seemed to be likely suspects to me due to their close connection with Andriacchi, and they’re generally dangerous nature. Vena would’ve been a highly respected made member at this time who would have been trusted to do something this high profile.

But....who knows
I agree on the possibility of Vena for the Zizzo hit. If, as has been alleged, he participated in the Dorfman hit, Vena had a long history of being trusted for high sensitivity heavy work.

People scoffed at past descriptions of Vena as "the most dangerous man in Chicago", or whatever. While the wording of such claims is sensationalized and overstated, several of the high suspicion events over the past 20 years may trace back to Vena. Mandell, Russell, Hollingshead. The dots line up around Vena. While you can easily get shot and killed by a teenage gangbanger for driving down the wrong street in the wrong car in Chicago, reviewing these suspected events does suggest that the Outfit (at the very least up till a few years ago) has still been quite dangerous when they need or want to be. My personal opinion, of course, but I certainly would not mess around with them.