Italian mafia sees German justice system as 'a joke'

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Italian mafia sees German justice system as 'a joke'

Post by Wiseguy »

motorfab wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:18 am Same, and we have a mob that is developing strongly and is (in my opinion) becoming as big as the Italians. Not even to mention the suburban thugs who have been dealing tons of drugs with impunity for years. Guys assault cops, burn cars or police stations, and cops can't even defend themselves.
Which mob is this?
All roads lead to New York.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:20 pm
motorfab wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:18 am Same, and we have a mob that is developing strongly and is (in my opinion) becoming as big as the Italians. Not even to mention the suburban thugs who have been dealing tons of drugs with impunity for years. Guys assault cops, burn cars or police stations, and cops can't even defend themselves.
Which mob is this?
The Corsicans who for several years have been doing whatever they want on their island, have international connections, infiltrate the political environment etc ... I cannot prove it because it is a personal opinion, but yes I think that they are getting very big.
maatsetungi
Associate

Post by maatsetungi »

motorfab wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:37 am

Clearly. I take the example of my country where a life sentence is never real: release in 18 years for murder, 22 years for child murder. If the prisoner stays quiet during his sentence she is reduced and the guys can eventually get out after 15 years. It's aberrant. The worst is Portugal where they don't even have life sentences.

On the other hand, I disagree with maatsetungi, prisons (in France in anyway) are anything but comfortable: they are in advanced states of unsanitary conditions and above all are overcrowded. I'm not saying they should be housed in a Hilton hotel but at least building new ones wouldn't be a bad idea. Which poses another problem: inmateses are released too soon or some are not even incarcerated depending on the crime committed ...
Our life sentence for murder is somewhere 12 to 14 years median. Joke.

This is Finnish high security jail
https://www.iltalehti.fi/kotimaa/a/201801202200675319

Finnish "open prison"
https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/open ... k/11214953
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

maatsetungi wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:00 am
motorfab wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:37 am

Clearly. I take the example of my country where a life sentence is never real: release in 18 years for murder, 22 years for child murder. If the prisoner stays quiet during his sentence she is reduced and the guys can eventually get out after 15 years. It's aberrant. The worst is Portugal where they don't even have life sentences.

On the other hand, I disagree with maatsetungi, prisons (in France in anyway) are anything but comfortable: they are in advanced states of unsanitary conditions and above all are overcrowded. I'm not saying they should be housed in a Hilton hotel but at least building new ones wouldn't be a bad idea. Which poses another problem: inmateses are released too soon or some are not even incarcerated depending on the crime committed ...
Our life sentence for murder is somewhere 12 to 14 years median. Joke.

This is Finnish high security jail
https://www.iltalehti.fi/kotimaa/a/201801202200675319

Finnish "open prison"
https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/open ... k/11214953
Yeah we have more or less the same problem. I take this opportunity to rectify my initial comment: it is a minimum of 22 years for murders and 33 years (the law passed in the early 2000s) for murders of women or children. But for the 22 year sentence you can still go out if you keep quiet during your incarceration, it's stupid (and obviously you're not gifted in Finland either).

I come back to Wiseguy, I may have been a little too "excited" when I talked about organized crime Corsica, but that said justice is still not at all equipped to fight this type of criminality and even less for suburban thugs, who have more than light sentences, they are usually out in just a few months.

Anyway this being rectified, we come back to your post: yes justice in Western Europe (and even in the North it seems) is a joke. No judicial system is perfect, but ours is still quite lax ...
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

The Corsicans are same as the Sicilians, Calabrians, Albanians or Montenegrins...vendetta....all of their crime groups evolve as time passes by...it will never go away, or at least not during this century.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

motorfab wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 pm
Which mob is this?
The Corsicans who for several years have been doing whatever they want on their island, have international connections, infiltrate the political environment etc ... I cannot prove it because it is a personal opinion, but yes I think that they are getting very big.
yes, i agree that corsican mob is very strong, in italy corsican mobsters would be charged with mafia-type association crime for sure and put under 41-bis... instead the street gangs based in the banlieus would be considered ordinary crime groups
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

scagghiuni wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:40 am
motorfab wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 pm
Which mob is this?
yes, i agree that corsican mob is very strong, in italy corsican mobsters would be charged with mafia-type association crime for sure and put under 41-bis... instead the street gangs based in the banlieus would be considered ordinary crime groups
I definitely agree with that.
maatsetungi
Associate

Post by maatsetungi »

https://www.dw.com/en/mafia-colony-east ... v-59488930

After the fall of the Berlin Wall, the former East opened up - and the Italian Mafia moved in. In the decades since, they have built up a criminal network in the former East Germany. This investigative documentary traces their origins back 30 years.
To uncover the Mafia’s efforts to infiltrate entire East German cities and regions, the filmmakers traveled to the infamous 'Ndrangheta clan's base in Calabria, southern Italy. There, they met police officers and prosecutors, and researched economic databases and land registry offices. They also analyzed thousands of pages of German and Italian investigation documents. In the process, they uncovered a major, still unknown anti-Mafia case against the 'Ndrangheta in East Germany. Almost 20 years ago, investigators eavesdropped on a powerful 'Ndrangheta cell in the East. The secret surveillance provided key insights into the Mafia organization in the German states of Thuringia and Saxony. The film describes how difficult it is to investigate the 'Ndrangheta and other Italian Mafia groups. Despite years of cooperation between Italy and Germany, organized crime structures are still active in East Germany today. The criminals have lost none of their power to threaten democracy and social cohesion.
There is also a 40min video of the subject in the DW website.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:17 pm The legal system of all of Western Europe is a joke.
Absolutely correct. Look at the weak sentence Anders Breivik received for murdering 77 people in Norway - 21 years! That sentence should be a crime.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:32 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:17 pm The legal system of all of Western Europe is a joke.
Absolutely correct. Look at the weak sentence Anders Breivik received for murdering 77 people in Norway - 21 years! That sentence should be a crime.
Norway has a somewhat special penal system because since 1971 the life sentence has been repealed. 21 years is therefore the maximum, but the sentence can be extended indefinitely if the justice considers that the prisoner still represents a danger for society.

Here are the other countries that do not practice the life sentence (in parenthesis the maximum sentence): Bolivia (30), Bosnia-Herzegovina (20), Brazil (30), Colombia (60), Croatia (40), Spain (no limits), Equater (34.5), Macao (30), Montenegro (20), Mexico (20), Nicaragua (30), Portugal (20 or 25 depending on the severity), Salvador (50), Suriname (since the abolition of the death penalty from 30 to 100), Ukraine (25), Uruguay (30), Venezuela (30)
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

motorfab wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:14 am
Antiliar wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:32 pm
Norway has a somewhat special penal system because since 1971 the life sentence has been repealed. 21 years is therefore the maximum, but the sentence can be extended indefinitely if the justice considers that the prisoner still represents a danger for society.

Here are the other countries that do not practice the life sentence (in parenthesis the maximum sentence): Bolivia (30), Bosnia-Herzegovina (20), Brazil (30), Colombia (60), Croatia (40), Spain (no limits), Equater (34.5), Macao (30), Montenegro (20), Mexico (20), Nicaragua (30), Portugal (20 or 25 depending on the severity), Salvador (50), Suriname (since the abolition of the death penalty from 30 to 100), Ukraine (25), Uruguay (30), Venezuela (30)
And that, folks, is what you get with unchecked liberalism.
All roads lead to New York.
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

Bring back the death penalty and use it, you take someone's life, we take yours...
No sitting on death row for 20 years...
Personally, I would like to see public hangings like we used to have, no one can tell me that wouldn't be a deterrent.