Younger (blood) family members exceeding older member in rank

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Younger (blood) family members exceeding older member in rank

Post by johnny_scootch »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:34 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:31 am
Shellackhead wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:25 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:15 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:36 am Both the sons of Ralph Scopo sr reached the rank of capo and continued to run the unions for the Colombos.
Ralph Scopo had an immense amount of power for a soldier, equal to or above that of most captains in that family or any family for that matter.
Which one was the one killed by Liberatore & John Pappa during the 3rd Colombo War?
Ralphs son Joey.
Do they have sons in the life that we know of? Or they all went legit.
Ralph Jr had 2 sons that were involved in the union Ralph Scopo III and Joe. One was a business manager and the other was recording secretary. I have no idea if they are still with the union and I don't think they were made either but you can bet your bottom dollar they we're still involved in the life while they were union representatives.
DonnieB
Straightened out

Post by DonnieB »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:31 am
Shellackhead wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:25 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:36 am Both the sons of Ralph Scopo sr reached the rank of capo and continued to run the unions for the Colombos.
Ralph Scopo had an immense amount of power for a soldier, equal to or above that of most captains in that family or any family for that matter.
Which one was the one killed by Liberatore & John Pappa during the 3rd Colombo War?
Ralphs son Joey.
IIRC Anthony Russo (Big Anthony), Francis Guerra & John Pappa killed Joey Scopo
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Detroit hierarchy is all inter related so I'm sure u can count them in here
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Yeah they talked about Scopo a lot in that new netflix series, they were surprised to see a soldier meeting with so many higher ups before they figured out why on the wiretaps
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Heathen
Straightened out

Post by Heathen »

Nick Civella I believe was younger then Carl Civella
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:02 pm Detroit hierarchy is all inter related so I'm sure u can count them in here
Great insight. Nice specific example!
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:43 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:02 pm Detroit hierarchy is all inter related so I'm sure u can count them in here
Great insight. Nice specific example!
Okay Tocco younger then zerilli for those who didnt know which 1 out of 2 bosses I was referring to
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Carmine Persico outranked his older brother Alphonse. Carmine was made first and then rose to Capo. But then Allie Boy was made and rose to Consigliere while Carmine was back to Soldier after going to prison. Then Carmine gets out and rises to UnderBoss and then Boss.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:28 am Nick Piccolo was made about 5 years before Scarfo and the rest of the Piccolos.

Faffy Iannarella outranked his father during the Scarfo era. Joe Pungitore was made 4 years before his older brother Anthony. Johnny Chang was the last of the Ciancaglini brothers to be made, though he was in jail when Joseph and Michael were inducted. I think Gene Gotti was straightened out before John. Junior Gotti outranked his uncle Peter in the 90s when he was the de facto Acting Boss.
The Ciancaglini thing has to be one of the most unique and fucked up things as far as the mob and blood family goes.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:37 am Carmine Persico outranked his older brother Alphonse. Carmine was made first and then rose to Capo. But then Allie Boy was made and rose to Consigliere while Carmine was back to Soldier after going to prison. Then Carmine gets out and rises to UnderBoss and then Boss.

Pogo
What year was Carmine made?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Had to be the mid 50s before the books were closed.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Seems countless younger members gained higher ranks than older relatives, but I'm curious about younger relatives who were made before their older relatives, especially fathers, uncles, father-in-laws, etc.

- John Baudanza (Lucchese) was made before his father Carmine (Colombo).

- Andrew Campos made before his father George (Gambino). Also an example of outranking the father.

- Frank DeCicco probably made before uncle George DeCicco, though not before father Vincent (Gambino). Also outranked uncle and father.

- Bruno Indelicato made before uncle JB and outranked him (Bonanno), though father Alphonse was made earlier and held same rank.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Al Capone outranked his older brother Ralph
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

In terms of present day stuff, Dominic Grande outranks his uncles Joseph Grande and Salvatore Piccolo. We also know that Piccolo was a member of his nephew's crew. The Stefanelli transcripts could indicate that Joseph Grande was assigned to Michael Lancellotti when he was released from prison (he took Lancellotti with him to meet with Nicky Scarfo Jr - the Scarfos offered to make him a capo if he went along with their plan to take the family back). If Dominic Grande took over Lancellotti's crew or was given a portion of it, it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that perhaps Joseph Grande was assigned to him. Both Grandes went to court together to see Piccolo get sentenced. We also know from the Persiano-Piccolo stuff that Grande's crew was active in South Jersey (and before that, Lancellotti and Anthony Nicodemo had the gambling operation in Atlantic City). Now geography isn't always a sure and steadfast method of establishing what crew someone reports to, but Joseph Grande also lives in South Jersey (Blackwood) according to the White Pages.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

B. wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:33 am Seems countless younger members gained higher ranks than older relatives, but I'm curious about younger relatives who were made before their older relatives, especially fathers, uncles, father-in-laws, etc.

- John Baudanza (Lucchese) was made before his father Carmine (Colombo).

- Andrew Campos made before his father George (Gambino). Also an example of outranking the father.

- Frank DeCicco probably made before uncle George DeCicco, though not before father Vincent (Gambino). Also outranked uncle and father.

- Bruno Indelicato made before uncle JB and outranked him (Bonanno), though father Alphonse was made earlier and held same rank.
Yeah I meant to make it a two part question to include younger relatives that were made before the older relative, that’s an interest of mine also.