The hammer comes down next week in Philly

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mr. Madbull
Associate

Re: The hammer comes down next week in Philly

Post by Mr. Madbull »

rayray wrote:I can't feel bad for the younger Scarfo, being in his 40's and his father in prison for the last two plus decades he could have just walked away and done his own thing. Instead, he gets himself mixed up in things that can end up with him spending the rest of his life in prison. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize your last name is going to have people looking, even if you walk away and become legit.

It's something, isn't it? Read Leonetti's book over the Winter and they detailed all the criminal charges members of the borgata were facing ( This was when it all went bad for them ) and they say: "Even Nicky Jr. was facing an under-aged drinking rap in Atlantic City." And fast forward and now the guy's probably gonna die in the can. All about the psyche and the whole mentality. His father was a serious guy who had a lot of other serious guy's take their medicine without saying a word. Can you imagine the power he had over his own son? I don't feel too bad for him either, rayray, but It seems like he never had a chance. Not really. And what it makes it sadder is that apparently this guy could probably made a really good legitimate living.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

These guys want to uphold the name of the fathers or maybe take a revenge on their enemies or similar. They might say they want to get out of Cosa Nostra but this is what they enjoy because the "taste" of life has been ruined for them from a young age and the mothers are to blame as much as the fathers. They value being in charge of being a made guy and all the trappings they get from that. They might like other things in life but the mafia is the thing which is the one that dictates their tastes. Scarfo is no exception. He might talk of moving away but he couldn't because he enjoyed being a gangster too much. Nothing more than this is why these guys carry on like this.

There are many more examples who could have left jail and done something else and the most prominent one is Alphonse Persico son of Carmine Persico. John Gotti Jr. gets a second chance and will walk away only because Cosa Nostra wants nothing to do with him. It could be worse for Scarfo father and son. There are worse things than dying of old age in jail.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

toto wrote:These guys want to uphold the name of the fathers or maybe take a revenge on their enemies or similar. They might say they want to get out of Cosa Nostra but this is what they enjoy because the "taste" of life has been ruined for them from a young age and the mothers are to blame as much as the fathers. They value being in charge of being a made guy and all the trappings they get from that. They might like other things in life but the mafia is the thing which is the one that dictates their tastes. Scarfo is no exception. He might talk of moving away but he couldn't because he enjoyed being a gangster too much. Nothing more than this is why these guys carry on like this.

There are many more examples who could have left jail and done something else and the most prominent one is Alphonse Persico son of Carmine Persico. John Gotti Jr. gets a second chance and will walk away only because Cosa Nostra wants nothing to do with him. It could be worse for Scarfo father and son. There are worse things than dying of old age in jail.
All due respect, Toto. Because you're obviously a very bright young guy. But you give American wiseguys WAAAAAAY too much credit for being like their Sicilian and Italian brethren. Because for every day that CN lasts in America, it becomes another day removed from what goes on in Italy. We're talking about a bunch of fourth-generation Italian Americans who grew up in the suburbs and don't have the slightest clue about the history and tradition of Sicily or Cosa Nostra (nor do they care, for that matter).

The best and brightest in the Italian-American community are becoming professionals. Doctors, lawyers, politicians, etc. I don't know Philly, nor do I know Scarfo Junior. But I knew a lot of kids like him, and some of them did, indeed, get pushed into the life. I used Craig DePalma as the example because he was a nice kid and very friendly with my younger brother years ago. His father (Greg) gave him NO CHOICE whatsoever about his future. The older brother, Michael, is also a bit younger than I am, but I remember him very well. When he made it clear to his father that he wanted nothing to do with the life, his old man cut him off completely. Is that right? Craig saw this and didn't want to repeat the cycle, so he gave in. And the kid ended up hanging himself in prison and laying in a coma for close to ten years before God mercifully took him.

My only point is this: If you're gonna be a crook, then go ahead. Do it, play by the rules, and don't rat anyone out. If your kids want in and you have no choice but to put them on record with yourself rather than a stranger, that's one thing. But the guys who force the life upon their sons are scum (and for the record, I agree with you that sometimes the mothers are just as much to blame).

And just to reiterate, I'm talking about the mob in America, where it's not nearly as ingrained into the cultural fabric as it is in Italy. And it never will be.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Also in the book it talks of sr forcing jr to do things he didn't want bringing him to tears but he apparently was wore down and did what scarfo sr wanted. On the other hand as much complaining as phil did about not having a chance he spoke of thinking his uncle was the greatest thing since sliced bread so it can't go both ways
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

East Bronx wrote:
Pete wrote:According to leonettis book this is what nicky jr wanted to move away and get out of the life but couldn't leave the area as he took care of his grandmother and brother mark and there was no one else that could do it and staying in jersey he remained a huge target
That's sad. I usually bring up Craig DePalma as the example because it's pretty close to home for me, and his story is so fucking tragic. But I've never seen it end well for ANYONE who got shoved into the life by their father. It looks like Scarfo Junior is no exception. If that's all true, I feel kinda bad for him.
This situation is when compared to chicagos views on these things. I can't think of a many sons made in the outfit besides dino marino, nick ferriola possibly and of course jim Marcellos father sam was in the outfit. Jims son Rocco marcello is in the life but I don't believe him to be made, I don't know if they were encouraged to be in the life. Calabrese jr said in his book that when johnny apes who's son is legit was boss he gave nick calabrese a gun and permission to kill frank sr for getting his sons in the life. Angelo lapietra referred to it as a cardinal sin that must be handled, bringing a son into the life. None of the big guys made their sons like accardo, Cerone, difronzo, etc, etc
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Looks like sentencing was pushed back another two months
Mr. Madbull
Associate

Post by Mr. Madbull »

Maybe someone is talking.
Mr. Madbull
Associate

Post by Mr. Madbull »

Wait, sorry. They'd probably still sentence him though, if that were the case, right?
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Mr. Madbull wrote:Wait, sorry. They'd probably still sentence him though, if that were the case, right?
I would be think at this point even if someone was talking they would be sentenced as the trial is already done they ve already been convicted the G said they need more time to do the presentence reports which explain the defendants complete background and history and they can be prepared to argue for max sentences
bobbybats
Straightened out

Post by bobbybats »

Yeah now is when the feds get to list all the things you were suspected of, charged with but not convicted of, so they can add more time to your sentence.
In 14 years the bitch will be a real money earner, yes sir........
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

He's gonna get nailed and rightly so, he and that clown Pelullo robbed a lot of people and didn't even have the fucking sense to be quiet about it. Funny that Pelullo lives in Elkins Park, he wouldn't try any of that cowboy shit there, all jewish families who'd call the cops asap.

Nicky Jr isn't gonna roll, he's known for a while what his fate was.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Chucky wrote:He's gonna get nailed and rightly so, he and that clown Pelullo robbed a lot of people and didn't even have the fucking sense to be quiet about it. Funny that Pelullo lives in Elkins Park, he wouldn't try any of that cowboy shit there, all jewish families who'd call the cops asap.

Pelullo seems like a moron they said at dinners with members of the company's board he would have musicians play the godfather theme when he came in he seems like the definition of wannabe
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pete wrote:
Chucky wrote:He's gonna get nailed and rightly so, he and that clown Pelullo robbed a lot of people and didn't even have the fucking sense to be quiet about it. Funny that Pelullo lives in Elkins Park, he wouldn't try any of that cowboy shit there, all jewish families who'd call the cops asap.

Pelullo seems like a moron they said at dinners with members of the company's board he would have musicians play the godfather theme when he came in he seems like the definition of wannabe
They are both morons. With Nicky Jr being the head jackass. Did they think they wouldn't get caught? That legit business men wouldnt run to the feds or immediately flip when the feds came knocking on their doors? Yeah they lived like kings for 13months. Now they will sit in jail for the ext 20yrs for 13months of living large. Shit for brains.....
Marasco20CNT
Prospect

Post by Marasco20CNT »

Joey "Skinny" Merlino controls Philly now. :mrgreen:
camerono
Honorary Member

Post by camerono »

didnfresolone fresolone take care of day kid when they tried to clip him?and is Nicky Jr straightened out?
you have reached the end of the line with me my friend!