Mafia in Connecticut

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Mafia in Connecticut

Post by JCB1977 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:49 am Well I just moved back to CT. in 06473 and all the old haunts that I used to go to play cards and the like are gone. Granted its been about a dozen years. So, idk
There is more worthless piece of information. I remember the Melias were in the news out of stamford. Him and his kid. Actually, didnt the guy who robbed his house get whacked in boston near a halfway house or something?
Yes, Nick Melia is the Gambino Family representative in Stamford. Nick's brother was BIG TIME in Montreal. The guy that robbed him was whacked in RI.

https://www.providencejournal.com/news/ ... -pawtucket
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Cheech wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:28 am a few games moved to Wallingford and there is a good game in the Annex part of new haven
I used to plan at one in hamden. We are talking late 2000s to maybe 2011 though. Sometimes at JROOS over some beer, pizza, and football people would hear of something then if interested, go. Yeah I know wallingford real well. I live in north haven. In the grove area. At least thats what it used to be called.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:55 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:49 am Well I just moved back to CT. in 06473 and all the old haunts that I used to go to play cards and the like are gone. Granted its been about a dozen years. So, idk
There is more worthless piece of information. I remember the Melias were in the news out of stamford. Him and his kid. Actually, didnt the guy who robbed his house get whacked in boston near a halfway house or something?
Yes, Nick Melia is the Gambino Family representative in Stamford. Nick's brother was BIG TIME in Montreal. The guy that robbed him was whacked in RI.

The Andrade murder is still unsolved, correct? No suspects? No leads?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:23 am
Cheech wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:28 am a few games moved to Wallingford and there is a good game in the Annex part of new haven
I used to plan at one in hamden. We are talking late 2000s to maybe 2011 though. Sometimes at JROOS over some beer, pizza, and football people would hear of something then if interested, go. Yeah I know wallingford real well. I live in north haven. In the grove area. At least thats what it used to be called.
im in the blue hills area but I didn't grow up here. jroos still a hangout. it was my softball team sponsor all thru the 2000s. we all know sal. the girl at the bar cori is a neighborhood girl. we all grew up on dixwell avenue near b/b deli and disorbo bakery (which was on sopranos, canoli eating contest at the feast ironically)

there was a game on state st that no longer operates and one in west haven that was at the polish club I don't think is there anymore.

my family all Wooster st guys, st Mary Madeline club on the corner
and like that...he was gone
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Anthony Ascenzia,real low key ,I know his son ,Fairfield County though definitely has a Genovese presence with Gus and those guys in the Bridgeport area but Stamford and Norwalk has huge Gambino presence ,many card games,everything Cheech said is 100 pct spot there's always been shi t going on in CT some things more low key than others . I could go on forever about restaurants,spots,different guys,the mob isn't what it once was but they are still making money over here I question. I really would like to hear more on what Arrilota had to say about CT
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:24 am
JCB1977 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:55 am

The Andrade murder is still unsolved, correct? No suspects? No leads?
As of March 10, 2020

https://turnto10.com/news/local/police- ... n-targeted
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Are the Gambino and Genovese still making guys in conneticut
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

CTamg65 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:41 am Anthony Ascenzia,real low key ,I know his son ,Fairfield County though definitely has a Genovese presence with Gus and those guys in the Bridgeport area but Stamford and Norwalk has huge Gambino presence ,many card games,everything Cheech said is 100 pct spot there's always been shi t going on in CT some things more low key than others . I could go on forever about restaurants,spots,different guys,the mob isn't what it once was but they are still making money over here I question. I really would like to hear more on what Arrilota had to say about CT
Yeah my cousin Vin Valentino who is from that east haven branford area hung around his vape shop I believe. Again, this was several years ago. I believe what you guys are saying, no doubt. His nickname was the beaver or something ( the dad) wasnt it? That book raked it in I believe.
RI_Guy
Associate

Post by RI_Guy »

As far as the patriarca family goes everything in CT historically was Matty's for a long time
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Cheech wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:29 am
im in the blue hills area but I didn't grow up here. jroos still a hangout. it was my softball team sponsor all thru the 2000s. we all know sal. the girl at the bar cori is a neighborhood girl. we all grew up on dixwell avenue near b/b deli and disorbo bakery (which was on sopranos, canoli eating contest at the feast ironically)

there was a game on state st that no longer operates and one in west haven that was at the polish club I don't think is there anymore.

I been to Cielo before. The italian american civic club in west haven. I have some immediate family members who are members
St Marys Madeline club sounds like I need an invite to be a member. But I am already a union ironworker so I got no trouble paying dues.lol
I dont have the connections as you do. But I do have family members who grew up in east haven, and branford. You live in blue hills area in north haven? Its real nice up that way.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:15 pm

I been to Cielo before. The italian american civic club in west haven. I have some immediate family members who are members
St Marys Madeline club sounds like I need an invite to be a member. But I am already a union ironworker so I got no trouble paying dues.lol
I dont have the connections as you do. But I do have family members who grew up in east haven, and branford. You live in blue hills area in north haven? Its real nice up that way.
ya Im over off of Kings Highway.

I got no connections lol....just been around
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

RI_Guy wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:30 pm As far as the patriarca family goes everything in CT historically was Matty's for a long time
Matty is pushing 80 and if he were knee deep in LCN business, the state and Feds would be up his ass. There's what, maybe 6 or 7 guys left in Providence, not even enough for a crew.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Cheech wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:37 am

Dying for a Zuppardi's right now....

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

JCB1977 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:14 am
Cheech wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:37 am

Dying for a Zuppardi's right now....
their truck came to my neighbors last week. I managed to snag a sausage
RI_Guy
Associate

Post by RI_Guy »

JCB1977 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:12 am
RI_Guy wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:30 pm As far as the patriarca family goes everything in CT historically was Matty's for a long time
Matty is pushing 80 and if he were knee deep in LCN business, the state and Feds would be up his ass. There's what, maybe 6 or 7 guys left in Providence, not even enough for a crew.
Yeah I'm aware of all of the above. That's why I said historically. I have no idea whats going on these days. I'm talking 90s and early 2000s