LCN & Money Laundering

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bert
Full Patched

Re: LCN & Money Laundering

Post by bert »

Not every legit business is laundering money, for a lot of guys its more of a moneymaker than anything they have on the side. It's always been that way, once the smart ones make enough to start a business, if it does well they move their time into that.
I don't understand a guy like Basciano, who had multiple places operating as beauty salons, but still stayed heavy into mob life. Same for Steve Crea. Others go in the opposite direction and back off on mob involvement as much as they can, like Federici. Is doesn't help him they try to tie him to anything they can, like the drug bust in his neighborhood a few years ago.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Uncle Pete wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:05 pm Another thing to remember is that a lot guys put the money they are making immediately back out on the street for loansharking
That has possibly replaced gambling as biggest money maker for a lot of guys
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Peppermint wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:19 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:47 pm
NYNighthawk wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:02 pm The problem with offshore accounts is the local government. If they are overtaken then all your money is gone. That happened in Panama when Noreiga was removed from office and the banks were all nationalized.
There are also ways for the U.S. government to track offshore accounts. It's fairly difficult, but if they want you bad enough they'll stop at nothing to get you and your money. I barely feel comfortable keeping my money in a bank now, and I'm not even a criminal. If I were involved in any criminal activity I would just buy a high-end safe and stash all of my money in it.
Until one day you let your guard down, and a crew of some bad motherfuckers kick in your door waving 44’s tie you and your wife up, probably blast her in the face, and steal the safe.

Some of these countries, like Russia for example, the U.S government has zero jurisdiction in. Unless they want to commit to a massive espionage operation, that if caught doing will trigger an international crisis because such an operation would be violating international law and U.N espionage treaties, they aren’t going to risk any of that to investigate your financial crimes. Why do you think so many fat cats completely get away with committing all kinds of tax fraud and shit? If a country doesn’t have extradition agreements with the U.S, there isn’t anything the U.S can’t do about it, that includes offshore accounts being held by U.S citizens in other countries.

Offshore accounts, and legitimate investments as a silent partner are the only logical options.
I thought you were gonna do all the lyrics for a minute lol . Classic !
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Cheap hotel or storage units....every unit rented out and paid with cash. Easy as that.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

No mention of Italian organized crime in this article, but we know the shoe fits.

Canadian lawyers play key role in money laundering, says financial intelligence report
https://theijf.org/fintrac-lawyers-money-laundering

View in my Evernote item (use your laptop/notebook; if you have to use your smartphone, tilt it in landscape):

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... JXIiNdbbAQ